Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

comp crashed

Started by apple,

Previous topic - Next topic

apple

my computer crashed and i cant get into it i havent backed up my programs what can i do to overcome this very important documents on here

Homer

Autos can be redownloaded. If you didn't backup your computer you are pretty much out of luck. Sometimes depending on the nature of your problem you can take it to a repair shop and they might be able to retrieve some info but there are no guarantees. For what some repair shops charge for service you can pretty much buy a new pc these days.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

so true.what they charge for labor alone is stupid as hell. anywhere from $70-$95 an hour  ???

Homer

Quote from: hades on February 02, 2006, 05:00:09 PM
so true.what they charge for labor alone is stupid as hell. anywhere from $70-$95 an hour  ???

Yes, and that doesn't guarantee they can fix your problem. If they can you can bet your boots their will be additional cost for parts as well. You can get a new pc for $300 these days.

hades

i had to pay $95 just to get my songs moved over to my new computer and that was the cheapest price i got after looking thru a few places  :-\

apple

i need all the stuff off how wld i get it to go on as it has went wonky says i need pw which there is none so when it does that it says pw wrong and turns itself off again help lol

ME4SPADES_

i get a new puter every 4 to 5 yrs so in 3 yrs will have to do auto all over again but that way off if mine died i would just get a new one

Homer

Quote from: apple on February 02, 2006, 05:08:40 PM
i need all the stuff off how wld i get it to go on as it has went wonky says i need pw which there is none so when it does that it says pw wrong and turns itself off again help lol

Your computer is fried. You will not get what you want without professional help. Even with professional help you may not get your info. In other words...forget about it.

ME4SPADES_

listen to homer he knews his stuff i know i didnt i had to get a new one

SaintHiρρo

I wonder if that virus set to go off tomorrow had anything to do with it

Homer

Quote from: SaintHippo on February 02, 2006, 05:26:11 PM
I wonder if that virus set to go off tomorrow had anything to do with it

I don't know if that specific virus has anything to do with it but apple has been having problems for the 2 weeks they have been posting here.

Country Lady

If it is a password that it is looking for, you may be able to enter the bios setup when it first starts, some times there is a place to change it.  Also maybe you can boot it with your virus install disk if you have one.
There is software that will find a password if the compter is protected by one.
I feel for you, I know the feeling.  Thank goodness this hasn't happened to me in years.
Can you boot in safe mode?  Lots of repair work can be carried out in safemode.
Country Lady

apple

WONT LET ME GO INTO SAFE MODE CANT GET INTO IT ATALL
and wants pw which accordint o user manual has crashed but need stuff off comp

badgeaddict

to get into safe mode as its starting keep pressing f8

Country Lady

How old is this computer?  I'd take it to a shop if you really need the stuff on it.  Maybe you could find a computer guru in your neighborhood to take a look at it.

pogohatesme

Quote from: apple on February 03, 2006, 12:02:20 AM
WONT LET ME GO INTO SAFE MODE CANT GET INTO IT ATALL
and wants pw which accordint o user manual has crashed but need stuff off comp

I think it's best to do what Homer said and that's call around and try to find a resonably priced repair person or if it's a newer computer maybe call the tech support for the company and they may have you send it to them ....I do think that's your only option though. 

badgeaddict

u could always take the hard drive out and go to a freinds house and put it as a slave drive and then go throught there computer. but thats if they have the same hard drive they might just have ide and u could have a sata or scsi hd.

Country Lady

And you just may have a virus and infect their machine.  Take it to a shop.  If it is trash they will tell you.  Another good reason to make back-ups of important stuff.

Libra

Quote from: Homer on February 02, 2006, 04:58:52 PM
Autos can be redownloaded. If you didn't backup your computer you are pretty much out of luck. Sometimes depending on the nature of your problem you can take it to a repair shop and they might be able to retrieve some info but there are no guarantees. For what some repair shops charge for service you can pretty much buy a new pc these days.

Arrrrrrrrgggh!!!! I spent $500 bucks to get some pics I hadn't saved on disc that I lost to a pile of crap pc.  The other stuff was replaceable.  I actually have a puter that I AM SURE is so old it attended the last supper that I keep crap that I need/want on, and basically just use this'n right here (see it? this one?) for internet porpoises only.  I also have all that crap backed up.  Invest in some DVDRW at your local office supply, or better yet, Costco.  Then, when your puter bites the proverbial dust?  The only thing you have to fear is finding the durn DVD's that you backed your chit up on and forgot to label.. You know?

Backed Up Libra (Well, I sound constipated.) :-[

Homer

Some ISP's even offer online storage for free. It's very easy to upload your info in your personal file locker or burn to cd/dvd.

You can even email important docs to yourself and store them in folders in web based email providers like Yahoo and Hotmail.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview