PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 07:36:35 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

bobby

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

bobby, Have you heard the rumors of Contreras and Dye for Abreu and Gavin Floyd? :o

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

RC

I heard this rumor tonight. And I heard it's unlikely to be done. Dye is a nice outfielder, he actually hit more homers and had a better slugging pct. than Abreu, but that was about all that was better.. Abreu is definitely the better outfielder. Contreras is a proven very good starting pitcher, and Floyd hasn't proven he can do anything in the big leagues yet.. I would assume they would be going on potential there, but as of yet he hasn't lived up to it. The outfielders are closer but the Sox would get the edge with Abreu.. and the pitchers aren't even close, Contreras is by far better. I don't see why the Sox would give him up for a slightly better right fielder and a pitcher who you don't know what he's gonna give you. The salaries are far off too.. the 2 Sox players don't even add up to what Abreu made alone last year, plus add on a little more with Floyd's pocket change, so the Sox would be adding more payroll and losing pitching and getting an outfielder who would be playing in a new league and new parks and may not do as well against the AL, or he could do better, who knows.. but there could be an adjustment period. I don't see it happening.. I doubt they trade Abreu at all even though his name comes up alot. This would make sense for the Phils in getting a top notch starter and a replacement for Abreu, but not as much sense for the Sox.

Homer

It sounded too good to be true. If that deal did go through the Phillies would definitely have gotten the better end of the deal in my opinion.

RC

Their biggest need is pitching, particularly a starter.. and they could live with giving up Abreu's extra RBI's and walks and such.. Dye would not be that much worse that it would make that big of a difference. Plus they can get plenty of power with Howard, Burrell (if he stays around as well), and even Utley. And to switch Floyd with Contreras is like switching Endy Chavez for Andruw Jones, or something to that effect. I could see it if the Sox were dumping some salary, but to add salary for this trade doesn't make sense. For the Phils to lose salary and gain much more, seems lopsided.

Homer

I agree but I'm all for it. I'll drive them to Chicago.  :P

sd1619

A few weeks ago, I heard that it was going to be Abreau for Jason Schmidt.  I sure hope Gillick gets some kind of pitching in here soon.  They almost need a home run threat off the bench too.  It doesn't matter, I'll still be at the stadium for opening day.

bobby

the sox don't need another outfielder,trading dye and contreas for abreu would be stupid when you already got dye and podsednik in the OF  and bringing up brian anderson who is pretty good

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview