Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

nintendo revolution

Started by macktami95,

Previous topic - Next topic

macktami95

i was just wondering if anyone in here has heard of a release date for this system my husband is dying for it
dont know why he has every other one out there and needs no more and now my daughter who is 21 months old has to have a controller to play with when his is playing grrrrrr

bobby

macktami95

really i was hoping spring so i could get it for anniversary oh well they will most likely wait til nov for xmas thanks for the info

badgeaddict

MommaT

Oh no--not another one--I'm sure the hubby will be the same way--waiting desperatly for the new system to come out--although i dont know if he wants this one or the playstation 3--think it's supposed to be out sometime this year too (not sure)  I just dont get paying 400 bucks for something to play games on.   :-\

Momma T

bobby

Quote from: badgeaddict on February 03, 2006, 12:14:19 AM
i have seen it will be released nov 22.
is it just me or are all new systems released on nov 22

texan

i was doing some reading today and on several sites it's been rumored to be released this spring to compete with the ps3's release..see  below..hope this ok to do
cant pre order yet but its the same date for best buy walmart ect

Amazon
$TBA
Nintendo Revolution STANDARD PACK

(Includes: TBA)

IN STOCK:  PRE-ORDER:  LAUNCH DATE: MAY 2006

Hugs Tex

badgeaddict

lol nintendo cant compete with sony look at the gamecube compaired to ps2 its no competetion

bobby

badgeaddict

bobby

i bought the psp but haven't bought any games since launch :( the ds lately has had better games, but had no good games at launch(except mario)

badgeaddict

The graphics and gameplay are far better on the psp (can anyone tell im a sony fan?) :P

bobby

i'll still back up nintendo even with the virtual boy ;D

badgeaddict

lol well nintendo lose more money cause of roms but im not gonna go into that

thirteendown

Quote from: badgeaddict on February 03, 2006, 09:07:27 PM
lol nintendo cant compete with sony look at the gamecube compaired to ps2 its no competetion

Nintendo isn't trying to really compete with the Xbox and the PS2/3.  The Revolution is a completely different type of system.  Yes, they are competing in the sense that they are putting a new product out there, but they are just not updating the GameCube to the Revolution.  Just like the Nintendo DS is a separate line from the Nintendo GBA. 

If you want more shooting games, then go with Sony and Microsoft.   Nintendo seems to have more of a varying genre and more innovative games etc....such as the touch screen on the DS and the new Revolution. You can't really compare things such as the Game Cube and the PS2 as they play different types of games.

texan

Two of the biggest features to me for the revolution are 1) I love the new remote technology they're using. From the videos ive seen on it it's like virtual reality meet controller. I'm one of those that uses my hands and body when playing..i'm a wreck in mario kart lol..my kids laugh at me all the time saying "mom just use the controller..yur body turning and leaning aint helping ya" lol so with this new remote/controller system they have it seems to use body motion as well to maneuver which will help me look not so stupid while playing lol and 2) I love the ability to download the older mario games as well as others from the NES,SNES and Nintendo64 I'm diggin that whole concept. One of my all time fav games was super Mario World. Plus i think Nintendo needed to do this for the consumer. I have a gameboy advance,a nes snes and a nintedo 64 and a gamecube as well as PS and PS2..now i'll be able to more or less box away most the nintendo systems and use just the one. Loooooong past due for this!!!But I'll always be a Nintedo die hard...Ps is ok I'm not all about graphics,online gaming capability ect. I'm all about playing games i enjoy and i dont enjoy a bunch of killing,fighting,bloody games..just not my thing. So i enjoy nintendo because of mario and the like and the constant new innovations they make in gameplay such as donkey kong country with the bongos..its not geared as much toward high tech(with the exception of the revolutions new remote controller)..more towards consumer of any age from young to old..
Hugs
Tex

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview