PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 09:28:35 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

STEELERS WIN

Started by ME4SPADES_,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Quote from: Helen on February 06, 2006, 09:18:55 AM
Here's some food for thought! Go check this out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

Food for thought yes...
Another example of the world not thinking that the Steelers deserve to be SuperBowl champs. 
Fantastic.  I bet that feels nice for the players.

Blu

Quote from: Helen on February 06, 2006, 07:56:36 AM
Quote from: BluRaven on February 06, 2006, 07:40:56 AM
WTG Steelers....a few of which are my fraternity brothers:

Name: Charles Batch - # 16
Position: Quarterback
School: Eastern Michigan
Chapter: Zeta Epsilon
Join Fraternity: April, 21, 1996
Hometown: Homestead, PA
Life Member

Name: Vernon Haynes - # 34
Position: Halfback
School: Georgia
Chapter: Zeta Nu
Join Fraternity: June, 30, 1999
Hometown: Atlanta GA

Name: Deshea Townsend - # 26
Position: Cornerback
School: Alabama
Chapter: Theta Delta
Join Fraternity: December 2, 1995
Hometown: Panola, AL

Name: Hines Ward - # 86
Position: Wide Receiver
Join Fraternity: November 20, 1996
Hometown: Forest Park, GA

Name: Willie Williams - # 27
Position: Left Cornerback
School: Western Carolina
Chapter: Pi Mu
Join Fraternity: 1990
Hometown: Columbia, SC

Name: Joey Porter - # 55
Position: Right Outside Linebacker
School: Colorado State
Chapter: Nu Xi
Join Fraternity: February 28, 2000
Hometown: San Marco, CA

And the significance is?!?!?!
Sorry, it's great to see more successful brothers of our great fraternity.
And YOU got on me for being rude to posters. I'll be sure to point out your insignificant posts from now on Ms./Mrs. All-Mighty Post Significance Moderator.

babygurl424

Quote from: foxx on February 06, 2006, 10:03:58 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

Food for thought yes...
Another example of the world not thinking that the Steelers deserve to be SuperBowl champs. 

its just sour grapes from the seahawks fans and people who didn't favor pittsburgh..and i bet it feels terrific for them as well..first win in like forever and they are saying they don't deserve it..thats bull..yea, maybe they didn't play well the the first half but they came out the second half and played like they were suppose to..oh, well, they won and they can't take that from them..

babygurl424

Quote from: foxx on February 06, 2006, 07:46:02 AM
:D   What a rough night that was....

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!   World frickin champions...wow.  The win still hasn't sunk in...but I am going to buy my Super bowl champ tee-shirts now anyway!

LOL..ordered mine off of QVC last night along with bears for my kids easter baskets..i didn't waste ANY time.. 8)

Helen

Quote from: BluRaven on February 06, 2006, 10:12:45 AM
Quote from: Helen on February 06, 2006, 07:56:36 AM
Quote from: BluRaven on February 06, 2006, 07:40:56 AM
WTG Steelers....a few of which are my fraternity brothers:

Name: Charles Batch - # 16
Position: Quarterback
School: Eastern Michigan
Chapter: Zeta Epsilon
Join Fraternity: April, 21, 1996
Hometown: Homestead, PA
Life Member

Name: Vernon Haynes - # 34
Position: Halfback
Join Fraternity: June, 30, 1999
Hometown: Atlanta GA

Name: Deshea Townsend - # 26
Position: Cornerback
School: Alabama
Chapter: Theta Delta
Join Fraternity: December 2, 1995
Hometown: Panola, AL

Name: Hines Ward - # 86
Position: Wide Receiver
Join Fraternity: November 20, 1996
Hometown: Forest Park, GA

Name: Willie Williams - # 27
Position: Left Cornerback
School: Western Carolina
Chapter: Pi Mu
Join Fraternity: 1990
Hometown: Columbia, SC

Name: Joey Porter - # 55
Position: Right Outside Linebacker
School: Colorado State
Chapter: Nu Xi
Join Fraternity: February 28, 2000
Hometown: San Marco, CA

And the significance is?!?!?!
Sorry, it's great to see more successful brothers of our great fraternity.
And YOU got on me for being rude to posters. I'll be sure to point out your insignificant posts from now on Ms./Mrs. All-Mighty Post Significance Moderator.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude at all, just trying to see the significance of the post. If you were going to congratulate the team, I just thought it would have been to the whole team and not a select few.

Go Cavs!

Yeah.. the Bus says tomorrow on conference about his retirement announce. He will be 34 next week.

foxx

Quote from: babygurl424 on February 06, 2006, 11:39:54 AM

Food for thought yes...

its just sour grapes from the seahawks fans and people who didn't favor pittsburgh..and i bet it feels terrific for them as well..first win in like forever and they are saying they don't deserve it..thats bull..yea, maybe they didn't play well the the first half but they came out the second half and played like they were suppose to..oh, well, they won and they can't take that from them..

You're right babygurl...no one can take it away.  364 more days (at least) of being World Champions.  The true Steelers Nation will soak in every minute!

Mary

Jonathan

Heath Miller went to my High School. Honaker High School. The whole town had streemers, signs and everything. I'd say  his mom is flipping out.....

RC

Food for thought yes...

Did the Steeler fans here actually read that entire story, or just assume what it is about and respond that way? I did not see anything in there that said the Steelers did not deserve to win the championship. In fact, the Seahawks' QB Matt Hasselbeck said, "The Steelers played well enough to win tonight, and we didn't. They should get credit. It's disappointing, it's hard, but what are you going to do?". And the author of the story specifically wrote, "And guys like Bill Cowher, Ward, Dan Rooney and The Bus are all very deserving of a championship -- and it's nice to see them win one -- but it would have been better had it not happened like this." And I think that is all this whole story is about- just the way it happened, not that it happened at all. And if all of you Steeler fans can say you watched that entire game and didn't see a single thing wrong with the officiating, either for or against your Steelers, than you must have been looking too long through your black and gold colored glasses. This story points out in detail every mistake that was made, and there were plenty. For the officials to be that bad in a Super Bowl, a game where it is supposed to have the best officiating crew working it (by evaluation and grading during the season), it was a joke.. it was more like a pre-season game for them than the biggest game of the year. That crew should never work another playoff game again. Yes, the Steelers and their fans can celebrate a Super Bowl victory and know they earned it.. but wouldn't you fans even have wanted it in a better way than how it happened in that game? I know I would have, if I were a fan of a team who won the big game like that. And that's not saying that Pitt still wouldn't have won in the end, but it would have been a better played game had it been called better.

Go Cavs!

Big Ben at David Letterman show getting his beard shaved (like a trim) and some girl did the rest with shaving cream and stuff. Bus and Hines are in Disney World. Parade starts today at Pittsburgh.

Jonathan

I still cant get over heath's luck. Started playing for the Honaker Tigers and now for the steelers.....

foxx

Quote from: RC on February 07, 2006, 02:07:33 AM
Food for thought yes...

Did the Steeler fans here actually read that entire story, or just assume what it is about and respond that way? I did not see anything in there that said the Steelers did not deserve to win the championship. In fact, the Seahawks' QB Matt Hasselbeck said, "The Steelers played well enough to win tonight, and we didn't. They should get credit. It's disappointing, it's hard, but what are you going to do?". And the author of the story specifically wrote, "And guys like Bill Cowher, Ward, Dan Rooney and The Bus are all very deserving of a championship -- and it's nice to see them win one -- but it would have been better had it not happened like this." And I think that is all this whole story is about- just the way it happened, not that it happened at all. And if all of you Steeler fans can say you watched that entire game and didn't see a single thing wrong with the officiating, either for or against your Steelers, than you must have been looking too long through your black and gold colored glasses. This story points out in detail every mistake that was made, and there were plenty. For the officials to be that bad in a Super Bowl, a game where it is supposed to have the best officiating crew working it (by evaluation and grading during the season), it was a joke.. it was more like a pre-season game for them than the biggest game of the year. That crew should never work another playoff game again. Yes, the Steelers and their fans can celebrate a Super Bowl victory and know they earned it.. but wouldn't you fans even have wanted it in a better way than how it happened in that game? I know I would have, if I were a fan of a team who won the big game like that. And that's not saying that Pitt still wouldn't have won in the end, but it would have been a better played game had it been called better.

I did read the whole article.  I also heard Mike frickin Holmgren telling the Media that not only did his team have to beat the Steelers, but also the officiating.  Yes, It was not the best officiating ever.  But show me one playoff game this season that was perfect in that regard.  To cast the shadow of doubt muddies a clear victory.  My point was this...I bet that feels great for the players (insert sarcasm here). 

RC

I don't think anyone on the Steelers is gonna say that was a great officiated game either.. even if most of the bad calls went their way. I think they are smart enough to know bad calls when they see them, whether or not they want to admit it, being as they won the game. And the Steelers aren't new to this, they were on the other side in the Indy game when Porter criticized the officials for trying to take the game from the Steelers instead of in favor of them, which is what everyone thinks this time around. And Porter even made his comments after his team won the game! Why in the world you would criticize officials and risk fines or suspensions (none were given), after winning is beyond me. So considering that fact, I don't think Pittsburgh, it's players or fans, can balk at Holmgren or any Seahawks or fans for being a tad upset over the bad calls they got, and then losing the game on top of it. If your own guy can do it after winning, why criticize someone who got worse calls then what Porter was complaining about, and then lost to boot? I wonder if you were upset with Porter for perhaps bringing a dark cloud over his own team for what should be a big victory over the Colts when he made his comments then? Seems like the same kind of thing that you think Holmgren is doing to Pitt.

foxx

Quote from: RC on February 07, 2006, 07:06:34 PM
If your own guy can do it after winning, why criticize someone who got worse calls then what Porter was complaining about, and then lost to boot? I wonder if you were upset with Porter for perhaps bringing a dark cloud over his own team for what should be a big victory over the Colts when he made his comments then? Seems like the same kind of thing that you think Holmgren is doing to Pitt.

Really. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2322687&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

RC...I am done having this conversation.  WORLD CHAMPIONS...any way you look at it.  Obviously you believe your point (or you are one of those ego-laden men who can't let a woman have the last say), and I am not going to convince you otherwise.  I used to think Philly and Pittsburgh were in the same state.  I even remember being proud of the Eagles for their SuperBowl berth last year.  But whatever, you are right, everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.  Hope it helps you sleep better.

PB On The Run

HMMM leave it to me to be the one to say this...but here's a little something for Seattle fans to dry their tears on.

foxx

Quote from: PB On The Run on February 08, 2006, 02:32:29 PM
HMMM leave it to me to be the one to say this...but here's a little something for Seattle fans to dry their tears on.

lmao...thanks for the laugh PB.   :D

RowdyOne

It's funny that after every big game like the super bowl the team that loses always has to blame there loss on someone other then themselves. It's a very simple solution 1 team has to win and 1 team has to lose so why blame the loss on the officials? are'nt the officials out there doing the best job they can?

maybe they need the big screen with the instant replay brought back in the game? NOT lol

Jonathan

they honored heath with a plaque at the school board office and had a celebration party. It was in the news paper..

PB On The Run

YQW foxx...I've been a die-hard Steeler fan as long as I can remember...was a freshman at Pitt when they won their last superbowl (yes that makes me 44, LOL)...we Steelers fans always have...and always will....stick together....WHO DEY??? WE DEY!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview