PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 11:36:39 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

STEELERS WIN

Started by ME4SPADES_,

Previous topic - Next topic

RC

Quote from: foxx on February 08, 2006, 06:59:06 AM
Quote from: RC on February 07, 2006, 07:06:34 PM
If your own guy can do it after winning, why criticize someone who got worse calls then what Porter was complaining about, and then lost to boot? I wonder if you were upset with Porter for perhaps bringing a dark cloud over his own team for what should be a big victory over the Colts when he made his comments then? Seems like the same kind of thing that you think Holmgren is doing to Pitt.

Really. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2322687&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

RC...I am done having this conversation.  WORLD CHAMPIONS...any way you look at it.  Obviously you believe your point (or you are one of those ego-laden men who can't let a woman have the last say), and I am not going to convince you otherwise.  I used to think Philly and Pittsburgh were in the same state.  I even remember being proud of the Eagles for their SuperBowl berth last year.  But whatever, you are right, everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.  Hope it helps you sleep better.

lol... that story proves nothing. Of course the NFL is gonna stick behind their officials.. the only times that they ever come out and say something was called wrong, is when a play can't be reviewed but the replays clearly and undeniably show that something was called the wrong way. And as your own link points out, every call that was questionable in that game, the video replays can't undeniably show which call is the absolute correct one, hence they couldn't be overturned. The only play that the replays definitely showed was called wrong, was when Hasselbeck made his tackle after the INT, but was called for a chop block, and of course that wasn't even reviewed so replay couldn't even come into effect on that. Technically, what the NFL said was true, it was a "properly officiated" game.. because the refs made the calls, looked at the replays when it was necessary, and came back with the same calls because they can't overturn something when there's no definite proof to overturn.. but that doesn't mean every call on the field is the correct one, show me any game where that happens.. it just so happened in this game that those calls were on big plays, and important plays, and they got the majority of them wrong in the end. And you highlighted what I said about this game having worse calls than what Porter crieid about, as if that is wrong or something, but it's obvious. The one on Porter didn't even take points off the board or end up being a game changing play, his team wasn't even losing. But I guess you were behind him 100% on that call right? The refs must have been out to take the game away from the Steelers cuz Porter said so.. even though it was one call that didn't affect the outcome.

foxx

Mary

PB On The Run

::) why thanks mama...the devil made me do it  >:D  >:D  >:D

foxx

SaintHiρρo

foxx

Thanks SaintHippo for fixing the link.  Although I didn't like what I saw on the other side of it. 

*sigh*...People effing suck (not directed at anyone here....).This time, I am really done with the topic.   >:D

babygurl424

thats bull..oh well, as i said somehwere else before..they won and its over..take those sour grapes and make whine!!!

hades

regardless of any bad calls.the seahawks played very poorly and didnt come close to taking any control of the game.

Homer

The Seahawks had every oppurtunity to win the game. Did the refs influence the game? Certainly, but how do you know the Steelers wouldn't have responded to the adversity as well. Granted it wasn't a pretty SB but Pittsburgh won and there is no sense in crying over something that can not be changed. Seattle has no one to blame but themselves. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

the only chance seattle really had was when they got the ball to the 1 then had a penalty called to bring it back.and it was an actual penalty.other then that they were just awful.

Homer

PB On The Run

I'm so sorry...apparently the hand towel size terrible towel wasn't quite big enough.  But don't despair....I found this pic of the BEACH-towel sized terrible towel to catch the ever increasing river of tears!!!   O0  ;D  :D

babygurl424

i agree homer..its over so quit crying about the officiating..and PB..that is toooooo frickin funny!!!!!!!  hahaha  :D

foxx

Homer

Helen

The "12th" man on the field for Pittsburgh, lol!!

foxx

seriously...are we not done with the "cheating refs" thing yet?  UGH!  >:D

Helen

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview