This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Tinting car windows

Started by holly222,

Previous topic - Next topic

holly222

I just got a new car, a tauras, and my kids are use to a van.  The van had tinted windows for my small children.  I was wondering, how hard is it to try to tint the windows on this car......I saw at advance auto they sell the film and you cut it out and stick it on... But I have never tryed it.  Does anyone know if it works, or lasts.......
Thanks for any input you have......Dont want to waist money on somthing that dosnt work, or I will mess up...LOL

bobby

the tint stickers will work but they are not as good as tinted glass, the stickers could get air bubbles and crack in cold weather

holly222

Do I tint the sides and the back?  So it dosnt look strange?

holly222

OHH, and it dosnt mess up the car or anything does it? 

bobby

not really, unless you try to take the tint off the window then you'll have sticky remnants on the window

hades

the tint works good as long as someone who knows how to use it does it.or you may have bubbles or rips in it.i had mine done by pros and no problems...every window but the windshield with darl tint.  :P

bobby

Quote from: holly222 on February 08, 2006, 06:19:09 AM
Do I tint the sides and the back?  So it dosnt look strange?
you don't have too alot of cars just have the back seat windows tinted

Mayhem

I'd recommend letting the prof's do the tinting.

If it's not done right, it will leave tiny bubbles and look f'ugly (pardon my french).

I'm not sure about the states, but here in Canada there is a legal limit to how dark the tint can be. You may want to look in to that as well (if you planning to do it yourself).
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Mary

here in cali only back windows can be tinted had mine done by shop but have done myself make sure no bubbles  :)

Bree

In Louisiana there is a Law as to how dark the tint can be for the front and back windows.  Please check into it, because you can get a ticket if the tint is to dark.  Just check the Laws in your state and I would let the pros do it.  I hope this helps you out.

SaintHiρρo

I would recommend you getting a professional to do it. Cost around $100 to do it but you'll see the difference between a pro and someone doing it themselves (drive down the highway behind someone with airbubbles all over the place... hilarous!).

I am curious, however. When did the backwindow only become a law in Cali? I moved out of there because of Arnold becoming Gov and that law didn't exist when I was there or I would have been pulled over A LOT as all my windows except my windshield are tinted.

Tamelia

I agree with Mayhem...the professionals are the way to go.

Our truck, has limo tint on the windows. Which is illegal in the state of WV, but since the truck was originally purchased in NY and then transported here, when we bought it, there is nothing they can do to us. Gotta love loop holes.

Mary

arnold is doin a number on all of us saint changin everything here the rich are gettin richer and us poor folks are gettin poorer  :(

*Angel*

I would let a professional do it.  It is funny when you see someone that attempted it themselves.  lmao

I live in Connecticut and it cost me about $200 for all the windows on an SUV.  Good luck!

Quote from: SaintHippo on February 08, 2006, 11:37:24 AM
I would recommend you getting a professional to do it. Cost around $100 to do it but you'll see the difference between a pro and someone doing it themselves (drive down the highway behind someone with airbubbles all over the place... hilarous!).

I am curious, however. When did the backwindow only become a law in Cali? I moved out of there because of Arnold becoming Gov and that law didn't exist when I was there or I would have been pulled over A LOT as all my windows except my windshield are tinted.

bra

becareful, depending on your state tinting passenger and driver windows can be illegal. Atleast in my state they are, you can get pulled over and get asked to take the tint off. But if you do get tint, have a professional do it.

SaintHiρρo

Check out this website for information on your state's tinting laws: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

Homer

You might check with local law enforcement before you tint your windows. It is illegal in some states. :o

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

pogohatesme

besides all the cracking and bubbles in the "store bought" tint....it always seems a purplish color to me ...instead of the gray color it should be

SouthPadreIsland

I bought this stuff that you can see through but is camouflage on the outside - for the back glass - I have a truck.  The kiddie screens were distracting me more than the sun was buggin' my baby.  But I am sure the make different designs - professional is the best - I have a friend who does it.  Thank goodness.  So if you are worried about tinting - the little suction cup shades by Safety First were the best for the side windows.  The roll down shades bit the big one! ;)

holly222

Thanks SOOO much for all the useful info!  I really apreciate it!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview