Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Really need help on this...

Started by Mommylov1216,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommylov1216

Okay., I am very worried right now  :(
My friend over the internet told me a few weeks ago to use her credit card to pay for my pogo and for the 3 premium badges right? She even gave me all her info, name, address, creidt card number, and all. Well NOW she is saying she is going to report the card stolen and all..

I am so worried and I don't want to get into trouble for something she told me was okay to do.
I have the email where she wrote and said she was going to report it stolen.. *in that email it does say she told me that it was ok to do it* plus i have the original chat saved when she told me the number of the card and stuff

Does anyone know if something bad will happen to me if she does report the card as stolen? Please help and give me advice if you can

holly222

I guess it depends on how well you know this friend..... If she is a new friend and gave you the info she might be setting you up.....
And did she say she was reporting it stolen, and state she was going to get you in trouble?  Or she is just doing that because somthing else came up and your worried because you used it?

Mommylov1216

i have known her via the internet for like 7 years or longer! this is what she said

I was looking at my credit card bill information and there are two transactions for Pogo.  Now, as I mentioned before, my credit card bill is already pretty high and it's been a major struggle for me to deal with the bill being so high.  It really depresses me seeing it the way it is.  Well with seeing two transactions from Pogo, it just really made me nervous.
Please 1) take my credit card information out of your account and 2) let me know what's going on with that. 

If I don't hear from you by tomorrow night (Wednesday night) I am going to be forced to report If it had been just the one transaction, fine, I told you I'd do it and I would have just ignored it and written it off as a gift to you after knowing you for so long and everything. the card as stollen
Anyway, please just contact me to let me know what's going on.

I have no clue why it showed up as two transactions.. If she does report it as stolen.. will I get into trouble?

holly222

Well, sounds like she is yankin your chain...... Dont think you will get in trouble, but she dosnt sound too much like a good person to report it stolen if it is not......Sounds like she just wants to get the bank to pay off some of her money for her... So sorry if it sounds mean.....  I dont know the girl.....but somthing fishy is going on there....
I dont think you will get in trouble.....she cant prove you did anything.....if she is that dirty to try to get you in trouble on purpose...DENIE it....LOL
I wish you the best.......

Thunder

it's a pogo mistake thay have charged me 2 times befor and i called them and thay put the money back in my account. and if you have emails and chat saying she let you use her card then you have nothing to worry about but please keep the emails and chat. if she will just call pogo and let them know thay charged her card 2 times then thay will put the money back. like i said you have nothing to worry about cause you have prof she let you use her card

Torn2pieces

Mommylov1216

wouldnt pogo know that her card was used though for my account? how could they prove i did it though? couldnt i just say she done it? i mean heck her name was under my account AND ALL untill i delete the payment info just now.. even her darn address was on there.. all my info was erased. how could she prove i did it and not her? Know what i mean? PLUS they would HAVE to know she authorized it.. how in the world would i know her address, her credit card info, when it expired, her name and everything.. know what i mean?

thunder.. thanks so much, you made my heart stop pounding a little bit.. but... i do have chats and email saved on aol.. the chat is just under notepad though.. couldnt she say that i just typed it though? i dotn wanna go to jail :(

Who is doing fraud?

Torn2pieces

She gave you permission, then decides she wants to claim the card was stolen, when Infact it wasn't. That's Fraud on her part. 

Definately save those emails!!!!!

Thunder

as long as you are being honest and i believe you are then please don't worry ok. just keep all your emails and if i was you i would email her back and tell her to thank you for letting you use her card to pay for pogo and for her to call pogo then hopfully she will email back and say something like your welcome. then you have more prove

Mommylov1216

ok, this is what i just wrote to her. sound good?

I just wanted to say thank you for paying the pogo for me,. I really am grateful. I don't want you to be upset though.. Can you tell me what all they charged you? Some of my friends on pogo said they have over charged them before so if they did you, please let me know so I can call them and straighten it out. I dont want you to be double charged espically since you were being nice enough to pay it for me. Please let me know about this so I can try to fix it.  Please just let me know.

Your Friend

Mary

your pogo yearly fee and the prem. badge albums are 2 charges they will be sepreate on your credit card bill that is why they have put 2 charges on her bill they did`nt over charge her if so they will fix it for her..you don`t have nothing to worry about she told you to do this.. sounds to me she wants to claim it stolden because she does`nt want to pay her credit card cuz the bill was already to high so she used you to do a pogo charge so she could say it was stolden if any thing comes of this i`d send copies of emails etc to credit card company. :)

Mommylov1216

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!! lol. I wrote her and told her that I wasnt worried due to having proof that I didnt do nothing wrong nor ANYTHING she didnt tell me to do. And this is what she wrote

I apologize for freaking out.  I didn't remember you saying that it would come out as two transactions.  I just freaked when I saw two transactions on there.   It didn't ammount to more than $40.  I don't want to report the card as stolen either 

I sincerely apologize.  I shouldn't have freaked out.

Then she wrote me back again and said this just now

I'm sorry for flipping out.  It was about $40.  I'm not upset anymore and I shouldn't have flipped out since it wasn't more than the $40 you said it would be.  I just got upset because when I checked on my credit card bill it wasn't the nearly $400 that I thought it was, it was nearly $500.  But everything checks out.

Again, I was just stressed with some stuff.  I'm sorry.

And yet another email from her lol

No, I won't report it as stollen.  Rob only said to do that if I hadn't heard from you by tonight.  And even then I didn't want to do it.

I guess I vaguely remember you saying that, but it doesn't matter 'cause I believe you.  No need to dig up the chat log.

I'm sorry to have upset you.  I was upset as well.  I shouldn't have been.  I should have looked through the chat log myself.

I did get the other e-mails.  I'm at work at the moment but I couldn't wait any longer to check my mail to see if you had written me back.

Don't worry.  All's well now.

lol, so this means i shouldnt worry now right? because even if she decides to report it stolen.. ive gotten more than enough proof that she authorized me to use it, right?

apple

yes u have prrof on all angles so if she just report it stolen u email her credit card company the details  she just doesnt want to pay her bill and say an easy way out

crankycook

I would also print out both the e-mails and the chat log, as a back up, then if needed you can fax them where you need to, just as a precaution. I understand all is ok now, but you never know.

apple

yes i agree keep back up of everything just in case she doesnt seem very good friend after all deos she

Mary

Bree

Mommy, I just talked to my brother who is a Lawyer and he said you have nothing to worry about.  Keep a copy of the emails and the chat and everything will be OK.  She is the one that will get into trouble if she reports the card stolen.  There is not link to you since she did give you permission to use her card, so do not worry anymore about it.

Just a little note.....Please be careful who to trust and beware of people that might try to scam you.  Even tho she is a friend of yours for over 7 years, a true friend does not do things like that to another true friend.

Mommylov1216

Bree,

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for talking to your brother. That was so nice of you and something you did not have to do. You just made my day and made me feal so much better. Thank you so very much again

Bree

Patty,

You're welcome and I was very happy that I could help you out and I knew he could verify things for me about the whole situtation.  I am glad everything turned out well and you have nothing to worry about any more.

babygurl424

if i was her i would have at least ASKED first before i went and like accused you of using my card for more than what you asked to use it for and then said i was gonna report it stolen to get your tushie in hot water..i mean geesh..friendship is based on trust and if you can't trust a friend, are they really a friend at all??

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview