PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 07:41:43 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Help.......

Started by holly222,

Previous topic - Next topic

holly222

I had this stupid guy send me a email saying a new email address was added to my paypal account.  So I DID NOT log on by its link....but went to my link to check.........and no new email was added............ but the fool used his real email address to send it to me..
from......  cox.net   ...... which is our local cable company we use for internt accesss.....
WHAT can i do to this fraud?

pogohatesme

I believe on Paypal there is a link or something for you to report him to.

JenH2001

I had something similar happen and I reported it to the fraud dept. at paypal. I am glad I did because it was a fraud.

babygurl424

yea, that happened to me too..sent it to the fraud address and it was taken care of within hours..my step-dad actually had someone use his credit card from ebay for like $90 (someone got his # and used it as a seller card, cause you know they charge you for selling stuff)..anywho, long story short, jsut be careful what you buy/click on on ebay and paypal...

hades

thats too funny.he did it from his own email.someone that stupid shouldnt be trying to run scams.

Mommylov1216

Please please becarefyul when using paypal and ebay! you will get emails like this all the time!! It will even look like its from ebay and paypal. The number one way to KNOW it isnt from this is go like your going to click the link, hover it with your mouse *Dont* click on the link but when you hover it, it will say what the url is and if its not ebay.com or paypal.com related.. you know its a spoof/scam so report it! My dad sells stuff on ebay and he gets emails like this maybe about 8 times per week! Hope this helps!!

crankycook

I would also call your cable internet provider and let them know what is going on, they may or may not be able to do anything, but it won't hurt to try. Seeing as his addy is from that company also

nanners

I keep getting e mails from "paypal" to update my account..I don't even have one..  ::)

Mommylov1216

lol! that is someone too trying to get your paypal info.. if you even had paypal info.. lol!!!

nanners

Well let me tell ya..I am mighty fast with that delete button LOL

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview