PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:33:24 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Microsoft ending support for Win98 and ME

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Just a heads up ... This was taken from : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/support/endofsupport.mspx

June 30, 2006 will bring a close to Extended Support for Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Me as part of the Microsoft Lifecycle Policy. Microsoft will retire public and technical support, including security updates, by this date.

Microsoft is retiring support for these products because they are outdated and can expose customers to security risks. We recommend that customers who are still running Windows 98 or Windows Me upgrade to a newer, more secure Microsoft operating system, such as Windows XP, as soon as possible.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

pogohatesme

Homer

I had heard this was coming. Just didn't know when.

I won't have to worry about asking people what OS they are using in tech help anymore.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

foxx

Quote from: Homer on February 13, 2006, 02:14:22 PM

I won't have to worry about asking people what OS they are using in tech help anymore.

LOL Homer...you assume that just because monopolisoft is discontinuing support that people won't use 98/ME anymore.   ;)

Homer

Quote from: foxx on February 13, 2006, 04:47:43 PM
Quote from: Homer on February 13, 2006, 02:14:22 PM

LOL Homer...you assume that just because monopolisoft is discontinuing support that people won't use 98/ME anymore.   ;)

Oh no...I believe people will still use them. I do believe those people would be very foolish though.

I know a lot of people can't afford to upgrade their OS but without patches and updates it would be very unwise to do so.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

a-dhold

Quote from: Mayhem on February 13, 2006, 11:48:41 AM
June 30, 2006 will bring a close to Extended Support for Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Me as part of the Microsoft Lifecycle Policy. Microsoft will retire public and technical support, including security updates, by this date.

i would like to see a policy that when a company no longer wants to support a program that it be released to the public domain..  this way  underprivileged families that are given a donation of a computer could use these retired programs without being considered a pirate.

i don't see anything wrong with after june 30 a donated pc to a family being loaded up with windows 98 se, office 98, ....  this just allows these computer to function for these families.

if i want the latest and newest version i will have to pay ...but if it is a program is over 7 years old why not let it go to the public domain.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview