This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

valentines day proposal gone bad.

Started by froggielover,

Previous topic - Next topic

froggielover

hey.. just wanted to share something that happened on our local radio station on valentines morning.  some sweet guy tried to propose to his girlfriend on the radio.. and it went very very badly.     

what are your thoughts on this... should he have waited and given her what she thinks would be a good way to propose.. or is professing his love for her over the radio enough..  i thought it was sweet.. and dont think she should have done this to him on the radio.. but i am interested in your thoughts...

http://www.fm97.com/pages/MorningRush/

click on the link that says... u guessed it... PROPOSAL GONE BAD!!    >:D

cranky

omg i just heard it i don't know what to think about that lol

bubblegum

you have to give him points for originality.  If I was him I don't think I would have stayed with that girl.  It took a lot of galls to ask her that on the radio waves.  That was so so sweet and for him to shoot him down like that-that was a shot thru the heart.  Man what a witch she is-if I was him I'd be glad she did that cuz then that means I'd be free to go find someone else...

Madonna

You know, I've never been one to mince words. The girl in the car sounded like Paris Hilton on crack. She was a complete Bi*** and I hope the poor guy realizes that what he done was a very sweet gesture. I hope he dumps her and realizes he is what so many women are looking for. She acted like a spoiled brat. Wine and dine her? How original. And the apology to her parents she made was just plain tacky. If I was her mother, I would disown her today. She needs to realize that the guy loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her (what in God's name for is beyond me). If anyone publically humiliated me like she did him, I wouldn't bother calling her spolied arse. Let her get a surfer dude from the 80's that would possibly equal her mentality level. What a f***ing B****!!! And froggie, you were wonderful. I must commend you on your statement.

froggielover

i have to agree...   she was a spoiled brat and they were talkin about this all morning long the day after and playing the clip again.... and the reactions where more toward the man but some of the girls were siding with the woman who rejected him..she did do him wrong.  i was so teary and so happy for them .. you know.. anticipating the "i will".. and my jaw dropped when she said what she said.  i just wanted him to know that i thought it was sweet and i really hope he heard it.  :(     

so my question is also this.. if u fantisized about you "wedding proposal" and got it a different way.. would it make you mad.. ?

Libra

Quote from: froggielover on February 17, 2006, 07:32:46 AM
i have to agree...   she was a spoiled brat and they were talkin about this all morning long the day after and playing the clip again.... and the reactions where more toward the man but some of the girls were siding with the woman who rejected him..she did do him wrong.  i was so teary and so happy for them .. you know.. anticipating the "i will".. and my jaw dropped when she said what she said.  i just wanted him to know that i thought it was sweet and i really hope he heard it.  :(     

so my question is also this.. if u fantisized about you "wedding proposal" and got it a different way.. would it make you mad.. jeez.. the wedding may be what she dreamed of.. but come on.. not everyone gets what they want.. my proposal was.. well.. very intimate to say the least.. . my husband proposed to me while we were.. uh.. u know.. and he wrote.. "marry me" on my neck with his tongue. :P   it wasn't what i had in mind.. but WOW.. was i blown away. lol..  O0

I know women like this. Want, want, want. Gimme, gimme, gimme.  Bee itch, bee itch, bee itch.  They're alone.  Every single one of them.  And they all wonder why.

Lib

tigereyes

She was a b****. I wouldn't want to marry her now if I were that man. I thought that what he did was a romantic thing to get on the radio and propose the way he did. She seemed really snotty about it too. If I were him I would dump her and not even bother trying to work it out with her. She totally embarressed him on the radio and that was not right. I hope he dumps her and finds a nice lady.

bubblegum

let us know if you hear about any updates of this couple..but she was a #@!$%  Come on..I sure she was going to get wined and dinned that night ANYWAY gawd

froggielover

i will.. i'm going to email liz .. she's my fav personality.. and see if they can't ask over the radio how he is and see if he can call in.. cuz seriously.. i'm worried about him.  how do u take something like that.. humiliated publically and be ok.  (i know my spellin is bad.)

Libra

Quote from: froggielover on February 17, 2006, 09:02:36 AM
i will.. i'm going to email liz .. she's my fav personality.. and see if they can't ask over the radio how he is and see if he can call in.. cuz seriously.. i'm worried about him.  how do u take something like that.. humiliated publically and be ok.  (i know my spellin is bad.)

Oh, I bet women all over your city has called in requesting info about him.  If he dumps the pile of crap he won't be lacking for dates.

Lib

bubblegum

If he dumps the pile of crap he won't be lacking for dates.
Lib

Hell no and if I lived there and was single I'd want his phone number

sapphire09

I have a few girlfriends,  all they want is a proposal--could care less how and where he ask her, they would find something romantic about it.  I have a 24 year old son and he often tells me about some of the girls he meet.
I saw him go a little overboard on one but I had to let him find out by himself and he did.  Boy was I happy.

apple

what a poor guy dump the bitch if u love someone enough u wld say yes no matter where and how and that was so romatic i would have loved it  my husband proposed in front of his whole family and all i could think of was not oh my god why do it here i thought oh i love u so much of course i will

foxx

wow...I really didn't think I was gonna be in the minority on this one, considering what hardcore women we have in our little pogo cheats family....

Here's my thoughts.  They have been dating for 6 months.  If my husband would have proposed after 6 months I would have told his ass no too.  Secondly, she told him, prior to him calling the radio station, that she didn't want it to go down like that.  Again, just because he went ahead and did it anyway, I would have said no.  To me, he sounds like a batterer, and I know this from experience because that's the work I do everyday.  Quick to force a commitment?  Check.  Needs to control all aspects of relationship? Check.  She has told him before that he can't call her at work because it gets her in trouble.  He was still going to call her at work anyway.  If I got in trouble for receiving personal calls at work, and told my "man" ONE time not to do it again, he had better not.  Because otherwise, its just disrespectful (and probably stalking). 

I know we don't have all the information on this one, so I don't want to be so quick to judge.  And her "wine and dine" comment was harsh and sounded kinda selfish.  Maybe I am just a b***h, but that's how I feel.   :-*

froggielover

dont feel bad for adding your thoughts.. that's why i posted..   O0

apple

no u have an opinion  i meant she was a bitch for shoppting him down like that i would have said something like look can we talk later etc not say i have to be wined and dined thats selfish and no he shouldnt call her at work :o

foxx

Quote from: apple on February 17, 2006, 10:04:34 AM
no u have an opinion  i meant she was a bitch for shoppting him down like that i would have said something like look can we talk later etc not say i have to be wined and dined thats selfish and no he shouldnt call her at work :o

You are right apple.  I would have probably not given any answer...maybe just said..."That's sweet. Thank you...can we talk about this in private?"  lol

...and I consider being a "b***h" a good thing.  If someone calls me that, it usually means I have spoken my mind...and I in no way thought anyone was directing any negativity towards me...communication error perhaps!

apple

no everyone has an opinion lol even that woman but i wldnt shoot somone i cared about down like that in public lol

froggielover

i would have loved to have been a fly on their wall that night... hrmmmm...  ::)

foxx

Quote from: froggielover on February 17, 2006, 10:11:17 AM
i would have loved to have been a fly on their wall that night... hrmmmm...  ::)

yeah...me too!   :-X

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview