Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

valentines day proposal gone bad.

Started by froggielover,

Previous topic - Next topic

Libra

Quote from: foxx on February 17, 2006, 10:01:11 AM
wow...I really didn't think I was gonna be in the minority on this one, considering what hardcore women we have in our little pogo cheats family....

Here's my thoughts.  They have been dating for 6 months.  If my husband would have proposed after 6 months I would have told his ass no too.  Secondly, she told him, prior to him calling the radio station, that she didn't want it to go down like that.  Again, just because he went ahead and did it anyway, I would have said no.  To me, he sounds like a batterer, and I know this from experience because that's the work I do everyday.  Quick to force a commitment?  Check.  Needs to control all aspects of relationship? Check.  She has told him before that he can't call her at work because it gets her in trouble.  He was still going to call her at work anyway.  If I got in trouble for receiving personal calls at work, and told my "man" ONE time not to do it again, he had better not.  Because otherwise, its just disrespectful (and probably stalking). 

I know we don't have all the information on this one, so I don't want to be so quick to judge.  And her "wine and dine" comment was harsh and sounded kinda selfish.  Maybe I am just a b***h, but that's how I feel.   :-*

Quick to judge?  You just called him an impatient, battering, control freak!  I knew from the moment I laid eyes on my hubby I wanted to marry him.  And SHE's the one that sounded like the control freak.... "This is the way I want you to ask me to marry you, I want you to do this and that and this and that and only this and that."  I mean IT'S HIS PROPOSAL! Why didn't she just make the reservations, and write a script for him to follow?  I have a feeling that had he wined and dined her and asked her, it would not have been to her satisfaction.  And if she had a problem with what he was doing?  Take it off the air.  What he did for her was sweet.. What she did to him was embarrassing.  PERIOD.  

Lib

foxx

sorry if I offended you Libra...just stating my opinion.   :o

apple

bubblegum

I agree with ya libra..she wanted it done this way and that way..why didn't she just write the poor boy a script and hold pratice at the restaurant with him and the wait staff?  Hell if this is the way she is now and they just dating...image what she'd be like married.  Can you say ball and chain with a whip? Wine and dinner on valentines day followed by a proposal...any decent woman can smell that coming a mile away.

With hubby when I met him I knew I had to have him .  His proposal wasn't the worlds greatest.  It went something like this.  hon, your going to marry me.  I am? huh? Yes your going to marry me and thats the end of it.  Are you proposing to me? Sweetie get your purse we have an appt at the jewelers in an hour to pick out your engagement ring.  Your kidding me right?  Sweetie, I'm going to make you my wife and thats all I got to say about that.  Now come on, were going to be late.

Granted it wasn't anywhere near romantic, but then again he has NEVER been good with romantic stuff.  He tried the best he could-and thats all I'll ever ask him to do is at least try.   :)

foxx

Quote from: apple on February 17, 2006, 10:20:56 AM
everyone entiitled to there own opinion ???

That's what I thought too, apple.  Thank you.   :-*

Libra

Quote from: foxx on February 17, 2006, 10:14:58 AM

Offend ME?  No way!  It takes a LOT to offend me.  About the only thing that CAN offend me is when a moron tells me I'm wrong or stupid.  And you, Foxx, are no moron.  I do, however, appreciate a good debate  O0  And, I value opinions.  We might as well exercise our freedom of speech while we still have that right... ya know?  :-X

I think I would probably secretly be HORRIFIED if my hubby proposed that way... But, I would never show it.  I love him to much to disappoint him that way.  I think most women would like a romantic dinner with candles and champagne and the down on one knee thing, but men are, well.  MEN!  And if they're arguing about the proposal itself?  Then dear God, I'm going in to divorce law... Because this one is eventually gonna be a dozy!

LawyeringLibra

bubblegum

oh heck ya if they ever get married they headed for divorce court and their lawyer would make a killing

apple

yeah if i was him i would never marry her too high maintenance  wonder how it went ????

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on February 17, 2006, 10:30:08 AM

Offend ME?  No way!  It takes a LOT to offend me.  About the only thing that CAN offend me is when a moron tells me I'm wrong or stupid.  And you, Foxx, are no moron.  I do, however, appreciate a good debate  O0  And, I value opinions.  We might as well exercise our freedom of speech while we still have that right... ya know?  :-X

I think I would probably secretly be HORRIFIED if my hubby proposed that way... But, I would never show it.  I love him to much to disappoint him that way.  I think most women would like a romantic dinner with candles and champagne and the down on one knee thing, but men are, well.  MEN!  And if they're arguing about the proposal itself?  Then dear God, I'm going in to divorce law... Because this one is eventually gonna be a dozy!

LawyeringLibra

Glad to know I didn't offend you...I am just a little on edge recently considering all the craziness and backbiting that's been going on here recently!   :o   O0

...personally....I think the whole flowers and candles and romantic dinner thing is a bunch of hooey anyway...let me share this...

Here's how our engagement went down...  Our dog (who was just then a puppy) came bounding into the kitchen with a little jewelry box in her mouth.  She used to put anything that wasn't moving into her little mouthy (as all pups will do...lol) so I just assumed I had left an earring box or something in her reach...I started chasing her around and my now-husband came up the steps and asked what all the commotion was about.  I finally retrieved the box and opened it.  I turned around, astonished at the beauty inside the box, and he asked me to marry him.  To me, that was the most romantic thing ever, because we had already purchased our own home and had been living together for 3 years at that point and I was happy with that.  Never expected it to happen that way...and that was just the best.

ClingFree

Okay so Imma lil late and just listened to this ..and of course I have to give my opinion!

I got proposed to on Valentines Day .. after he and I had discussed (through 3 years of dating) that I wanted to be proposed to on any day except valentines, because its just too predictable. I wanted the .. complete surprise proposal .. one of those random days, anything BUT valentines .. but let me tell you there was no way in heck I could be rude to a man who had the guts, to get down on one knee in a fancy schmancy restaurant to ask me to spend the rest of my life with him. Just couldnt do it. (Dont ask how it ended!!)

I think the biggest problem in that phone call was lack of communication!!!! 6 months of dating may work well for some, obviously not these two. I feel bad for both of em - her for not getting her dream proposal .. him for the way she reacted to it. - but uhh all seriousness aside, Im still laughing.

ClingFree

Quote from: foxx on February 17, 2006, 10:54:17 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on February 17, 2006, 10:30:08 AM

Offend ME?  No way!  It takes a LOT to offend me.  About the only thing that CAN offend me is when a moron tells me I'm wrong or stupid.  And you, Foxx, are no moron.  I do, however, appreciate a good debate  O0  And, I value opinions.  We might as well exercise our freedom of speech while we still have that right... ya know?  :-X

I think I would probably secretly be HORRIFIED if my hubby proposed that way... But, I would never show it.  I love him to much to disappoint him that way.  I think most women would like a romantic dinner with candles and champagne and the down on one knee thing, but men are, well.  MEN!  And if they're arguing about the proposal itself?  Then dear God, I'm going in to divorce law... Because this one is eventually gonna be a dozy!

LawyeringLibra

Glad to know I didn't offend you...I am just a little on edge recently considering all the craziness and backbiting that's been going on here recently!   :o   O0

...personally....I think the whole flowers and candles and romantic dinner thing is a bunch of hooey anyway...let me share this...

Here's how our engagement went down...  Our dog (who was just then a puppy) came bounding into the kitchen with a little jewelry box in her mouth.  She used to put anything that wasn't moving into her little mouthy (as all pups will do...lol) so I just assumed I had left an earring box or something in her reach...I started chasing her around and my now-husband came up the steps and asked what all the commotion was about.  I finally retrieved the box and opened it.  I turned around, astonished at the beauty inside the box, and he asked me to marry him.  To me, that was the most romantic thing ever, because we had already purchased our own home and had been living together for 3 years at that point and I was happy with that.  Never expected it to happen that way...and that was just the best.

HUGE awwwwwwww

apple

ClingFree

Quote from: apple on February 17, 2006, 10:58:49 AM
you have to tell how it ended cling dont leave us hangin

It ended very badly .. and its way to close to Valentines Day to jinx anyone else!!!

SEAHAWKS

Well inleast he got rejected on the radio. I went to a baseball game last year and this man got rejected infront of 46000 fans they had him on the big screen imao ;D  ;D ;D

froggielover

i wanted a dream proposal.. i wanted a dream wedding with me all dolled up in the most beautiful princess gown with a huge train and white and pink roses everywhere.... *smack* wake up!!  

i was proposed to while being intimate with my then boyfriend (now husband).. he wrote "marry me" on my neck with his tongue... lol... i was shocked.. wasn't expecting that.. even thought he was taken up in the heat of passion.. lmao.. but i said yes..

then time for the preperations.. he gave me 2 mon to find a dress.. church.. preacher.. everything.. now i wanted to get married 1 yr from then.. but oh no.. lol.. he couldn't wait. i told him i couldnt find the stuff in that little time so he went and made an appointment at the jp's office that monday.. and told me when i got home that we were getting married on that friday!!!  :o  heck... we both couldn't get off of work and we got married sept. 11th 1997 at 9:15am....  went to work after.  point is... wether or not it's a dream this or that.. i'm still married to the man of my dreams.. i have found my soul mate and am so t o a d-ally in love it's unreal.  lol.  

we are planning an elopement for our 10th anniversary and then going somewhere to celebrate.  ehhehehhehe... isn't that romantic.. see.. i'll get a romantic something.. just 10yrs down the road.  O0

froggielover

Quote from: SEAHAWKS on February 17, 2006, 11:00:05 AM
Well inleast he got rejected on the radio. I went to a baseball game last year and this man got rejected infront of 46000 fans they had him on the big screen imao ;D  ;D ;D

wholly chitney!!!!!  poor guy. :o

apple

i cldnt reject someone anywhere public but i wld say we will talk later

u wouldnt kinx anyone else cling

foxx

Quote from: froggielover on February 17, 2006, 11:02:18 AM
i wanted a dream proposal.. i wanted a dream wedding with me all dolled up in the most beautiful princess gown with a huge train and white and pink roses everywhere.... *smack* wake up!! 

i was proposed to while being intimate with my then boyfriend (now husband).. he wrote "marry me" on my neck with his tongue... lol... i was shocked.. wasn't expecting that.. even thought he was taken up in the heat of passion.. lmao.. but i said yes..

then time for the preperations.. he gave me 2 mon to find a dress.. church.. preacher.. everything.. now i wanted to get married 1 yr from then.. but oh no.. lol.. he couldn't wait. i told him i couldnt find the stuff in that little time so he went and made an appointment at the jp's office that monday.. and told me when i got home that we were getting married on that friday!!!  :o  heck... we both couldn't get off of work and we got married sept. 11th 1997 at 9:15am....  point is... wether or not it's a dream this or that.. i'm still married to the man of my dreams.. i have found my soul mate and am so t o a d-ally in love it's unreal.  lol. 

we are planning an elopement for our 10th anniversary and then going somewhere to celebrate.  ehhehehhehe... isn't that romantic.. see.. i'll get a romantic something.. just 10yrs down the road.  O0

See?  The typical idea of "romance" is overrated.  Froggie here has been married to her soulmate for 9 years (congrats, btw) and none of that hoopla was involved.  But, its still romantic...in its own way, because its theirs.  No one else will ever share in that with them.  That's awesome. 

* and thanks clingfree...I think it was pretty awwwww too!   ;)

SEAHAWKS

I did feel sry for the dude. I think the poor guy wanted to crawl under his seat. But i was still lmao at the fool ;D

froggielover

Quote from: SEAHAWKS on February 17, 2006, 11:07:57 AM
I did feel sry for the dude. I think the poor guy wanted to crawl under his seat. But it was still lmao at the fool ;D

;D  uh... yea.. i was too cuz i didnt know how to deal with that embarrasment that i had for him.. i'm glad i wasn't the first to admit it. O0   are we bad people for laughing?   lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview