Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

valentines day proposal gone bad.

Started by froggielover,

Previous topic - Next topic

froggielover

Quote from: foxx on February 17, 2006, 11:07:49 AM
Quote from: froggielover on February 17, 2006, 11:02:18 AM
i wanted a dream proposal.. i wanted a dream wedding with me all dolled up in the most beautiful princess gown with a huge train and white and pink roses everywhere.... *smack* wake up!! 

i was proposed to while being intimate with my then boyfriend (now husband).. he wrote "marry me" on my neck with his tongue... lol... i was shocked.. wasn't expecting that.. even thought he was taken up in the heat of passion.. lmao.. but i said yes..

then time for the preperations.. he gave me 2 mon to find a dress.. church.. preacher.. everything.. now i wanted to get married 1 yr from then.. but oh no.. lol.. he couldn't wait. i told him i couldnt find the stuff in that little time so he went and made an appointment at the jp's office that monday.. and told me when i got home that we were getting married on that friday!!!  :o  heck... we both couldn't get off of work and we got married sept. 11th 1997 at 9:15am....  point is... wether or not it's a dream this or that.. i'm still married to the man of my dreams.. i have found my soul mate and am so t o a d-ally in love it's unreal.  lol. 

we are planning an elopement for our 10th anniversary and then going somewhere to celebrate.  ehhehehhehe... isn't that romantic.. see.. i'll get a romantic something.. just 10yrs down the road.  O0

See?  The typical idea of "romance" is overrated.  Froggie here has been married to her soulmate for 9 years (congrats, btw) and none of that hoopla was involved.  But, its still romantic...in its own way, because its theirs.  No one else will ever share in that with them.  That's awesome. 

* and thanks clingfree...I think it was pretty awwwww too!   ;)

ty foxx O0   ::)

foxx

Quote from: froggielover on February 17, 2006, 11:09:44 AM
Quote from: SEAHAWKS on February 17, 2006, 11:07:57 AM
I did feel sry for the dude. I think the poor guy wanted to crawl under his seat. But it was still lmao at the fool ;D

;D  uh... yea.. i was too cuz i didnt know how to deal with that embarrasment that i had for him.. i'm glad i wasn't the first to admit it. O0   are we bad people for laughing?   lol

Nah...laughing is good for the soul!   ;D

*and you're welcome froggie... ;)

Libra

Quote from: SEAHAWKS on February 17, 2006, 11:07:57 AM
I did feel sry for the dude. I think the poor guy wanted to crawl under his seat. But i was still lmao at the fool ;D

Do you think perhaps it was a prank of the radio?  That mayb it was a whole set up thingy and on April Fools they'll replay the whole thing and go "APRIL FOOLS!"  They've done chit like that down here.

Libra

bubblegum

bubble here been married to her soulmate for 7 years and none of that romantic hoopla was involved... :)

apple

foxx

Quote from: bubblegum on February 17, 2006, 11:17:13 AM
bubble here been married to her soulmate for 7 years and none of that romantic hoopla was involved... :)

Congrats on the 7 years bubblegum!   :D  May you have many, many, many more!

apple

you just know when it right without all the romantic stuff my hubby maybe not romantic but we been married 7 years this year together 9 years  ;D

Country Lady

If my husband would have done that I would have said NO also.  How embarrassing for them both.

hades

Shady Lady

OMG ... I'd die of embarressment.

She needs to get a grip. What a witch!!!

RC

Quote from: foxx on February 17, 2006, 10:01:11 AM
wow...I really didn't think I was gonna be in the minority on this one, considering what hardcore women we have in our little pogo cheats family....

Here's my thoughts.  They have been dating for 6 months.  If my husband would have proposed after 6 months I would have told his ass no too.  Secondly, she told him, prior to him calling the radio station, that she didn't want it to go down like that.  Again, just because he went ahead and did it anyway, I would have said no.  To me, he sounds like a batterer, and I know this from experience because that's the work I do everyday.  Quick to force a commitment?  Check.  Needs to control all aspects of relationship? Check.  She has told him before that he can't call her at work because it gets her in trouble.  He was still going to call her at work anyway.  If I got in trouble for receiving personal calls at work, and told my "man" ONE time not to do it again, he had better not.  Because otherwise, its just disrespectful (and probably stalking). 

I know we don't have all the information on this one, so I don't want to be so quick to judge.  And her "wine and dine" comment was harsh and sounded kinda selfish.  Maybe I am just a b***h, but that's how I feel.   :-*

I actually agree with most of what you said here, in terms of what we heard. The dude did not handle it very well, and apparently doesn't abide by his supposed future wife's wishes either. And only 6 months of dating, there is no need to rush into a proposal that quick, even if they had discussed the possibility of it. And as far as proposals go, he did not do a good job in that department. No big speech, no profession of love (not even an "I love you" in there at all), no feelings expressed, just.. "will you marry me?".. and saying it over the phone- she has a point there, that is not the way to go with something like that. I see some of the women here saying how sweet it was and they would have loved it or whatever.. but come on, would you really want the one you love proposing to you over the phone and in the way he did it? Don't you wanna see his face, see his expression, give him a hug and kiss when you say "Yes!"? Other than wanting to marry her, how is anything he did considered sweet here? He went against her wishes in how she wanted it (and I don't think she has a script of exactly the way she would want it and no other way would do, but I think she knows which ways she does not want it to be, which is more important really). It sounds more like this guy thought he could reel her in for the catch by putting her on the spot in public, thinking that maybe she would cave in anyway even though she didn't want it like that.. and to be on Valentine's to boot, he probably thought she would eat it up, and he could get away with not having to go through the whole production of it being in person and sweating it out- he could do it comfortably far away and not even be with her at the time.. sounds like a copout to me, trying to make it easier on himself. I think with the way he handled it, he got what he deserved out of that.. although it may have been taken a bit too far in terms of keeping them on the air and having them go at it more over the airwaves like that.. as soon as she made it clear that it was a "no", they should have taken it private and discussed it.. but to them, it's the heat of the moment there and they just keep talking to each other, and as for the radio people, we know how they are and ya know they had to think they had a good thing goin there to get something like that on air, so of course they were gonna let it go longer.. it was up to the couple to stop and talk about it in private.

apple

i contacted the radio station even though i don't live there lo and asked them to find out what happened and they said yes loll

pogohatesme

Quote from: foxx on February 17, 2006, 10:01:11 AM
wow...I really didn't think I was gonna be in the minority on this one, considering what hardcore women we have in our little pogo cheats family....

Here's my thoughts.  They have been dating for 6 months.  If my husband would have proposed after 6 months I would have told his ass no too.  Secondly, she told him, prior to him calling the radio station, that she didn't want it to go down like that.  Again, just because he went ahead and did it anyway, I would have said no.  To me, he sounds like a batterer, and I know this from experience because that's the work I do everyday.  Quick to force a commitment?  Check.  Needs to control all aspects of relationship? Check.  She has told him before that he can't call her at work because it gets her in trouble.  He was still going to call her at work anyway.  If I got in trouble for receiving personal calls at work, and told my "man" ONE time not to do it again, he had better not.  Because otherwise, its just disrespectful (and probably stalking). 

I know we don't have all the information on this one, so I don't want to be so quick to judge.  And her "wine and dine" comment was harsh and sounded kinda selfish.  Maybe I am just a b***h, but that's how I feel.   :-*

My 1st thought when I heard this was that it was a joke and I still think that maybe it was...but I could be wrong......if it wasen't a joke then I have to agree with foxx.  The gf made it obvisous that they had discussed this in the past.  And the bf had obvisously told her he was going to do it from the radio or something like that for her to make the comments she did.  How is she a control freak or anything else for just wishing the day he propose to her be something special?  I mean doesn't everyone have dreams about how the day of their engagment and wedding go?  Does that make everyone control freaks for wanting it a certain way?!? 

froggielover

in defense of the radio station.. i listen to these guys every morning and have come to "know" how they are... and after everything was said and done.. they were as shocked as we were.. so i dont think they tried to keep it longer.. dennis is a good guy and was just as uncomfortable... liz was laughing cuz she laughs in tense situations..  they discussed the happenings right after the call... they arn't evil radio people... i love these guys..  ;D

i thought it was sweet cuz i would have appreciated something like that... now i know every woman is different.    i still think it's sweet. the guy wanted everyone to hear him ask his girl to marry him.. he sounded very nervous.  i thought he was  professin his love.. askin someone to marry him over the RADIO.  .. i think its romantic.  if u already talked about marriage.. where is the element of surprise when he asks you?  you go out to dinner.. you know he's going to ask you..   getting a call over the radio.. lol.. tha's spontinaity..   the guy couldn't wait to ask his love to marry..  and he made a mistake in her eyes..

6 mon is TOO EARLY for marriage in my eyes.. but hey.. some get married the night they meet in vegas!!! O0

we discussed some proposal topics in the earlier pages of the thread.   i dont think it makes us controll freaks at all. 

froggielover

Quote from: apple on February 17, 2006, 11:47:36 PM
i contacted the radio station even though i don't live there lo and asked them to find out what happened and they said yes loll

i wrote them an email also askin to do a follow up on him.. lol.. can't wait to see how this is going to go now that it's gone "national" with you guys contacting them.. hahahahah.. lmao...

bubblegum

they may have only been offically dateing 6 months but they could have known each other for say 10 years already

froggielover

very true  O0

GOT A REPLY FROM LIZ.. THE ONE HOST ON THE MORNING RUSH RADIO SHOW...

i told her that i posted this in a forum and that some people are very interested in how he is.. and that one even called the station.. her is her reply:

"wow! that's crazy! i've wondered about that guy too...we will definitely have to see if we can find him...i'll let you know..."

shadowlands2

Hi Guys
I am late at posting as usual...I think this is a set up..Listen to it again carefully..I think it ws just a prank set up between the two of them to get on the radio...Doesn't sound real at all...Poor guy if it is though she is an evil cow to embarrass him live on air but it's the risk you take I am afraid when you do something THAT public and as a suprise..Just my view  O0

nightperson

Quote from: foxx on February 17, 2006, 11:36:19 AM
Quote from: bubblegum on February 17, 2006, 11:17:13 AM

Congrats on the 7 years bubblegum!   :D  May you have many, many, many more!

really i will be married 29 this march 29 and none has that ever happen to me

stazbabe

if it was not a joke than i think that the woman is stupid yeah she had her ideal situation but what is the point in that he goes out n wines n dines her she'll know the question is coming i thought he was so sweet it shows how much he loves her if he's prepared to propose on the air to all those people id give anything to have a guy like that i dont want a guy 2 propose how i want coz you can see it coming id love to be surprised like that.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview