PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 07:08:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pat Tillman

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

I heard this on the news last night. I hope they get some real answers this time around!!

SaintHiρρo

Why do they feel the need to make this announcement but when they're thousands of other deaths out there, we don't hear a peep? It's simply them using Tillman's name to help promote their image. (man I sound anti-US today)

Mary

he was a football star who was killed by his own that is why so much is said about him they need to get this done so his family can go on been all over papers here for months he is from not far from me so we hear alot more here then those who don`t live in cali..  :)

hades

i wonder how many more deaths were like his that we dont have any clue about.

Mary

hades

pogohatesme

Quote from: hades on March 05, 2006, 08:33:01 AM
i wonder how many more deaths were like his that we dont have any clue about.

I have to agree with you.  I think there is a great deal of deaths overseas that happen when soldiers shoot their own.  And I know it sounds bad, and I'll prolly get flamed for it but I think the only reason they are making a big deal out of it is because Tillman is an athlete who gave up a contract to go overseas.  I feel more sorry for the families of the men and women that killed in the same way, yet don't get big government inquieres into their deaths

groomsy

really i never heard of Tillman untill he died, its nothin more than publicity for them and the NFL

Homer

Tillman was a very good up and coming DB. The Cardinals offered him a multi-year contract worth millions of dollars which he declined so he could serve his country. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: Homer on March 05, 2006, 06:01:53 PM
Tillman was a very good up and coming DB. The Cardinals offered him a multi-year contract worth millions of dollars which he declined so he could serve his country. O0

Yeah, I think he led the Cardinals in tackles the year before he enlisted.  Does that sound right all you stat guys?  Thought I read that somewhere.

Homer

That's about right. He was gonna make mad money.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Go Cavs!

do you know where his brother is right now?

pogohatesme

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/tillman/index.html

This says his brother trained and served in the same unit but doesn't say where he is now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview