Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

To your health-Fat Chance

Started by Jinx55,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinx55

Little Rant by Eightball & Thundercloud
From InfoAve Premium Issue #122 - February 17, 2006       (I foud this interesting-yet not really surprising)-Jinx 8)

To Your Health    ;)

Fat Chance

"The largest study ever to ask whether a low-fat diet reduces the risk of getting cancer or heart disease has found that the diet has no effect.

The $415 million federal study involved nearly 49,000 women ages 50 to 79 who were followed for eight years. In the end, those assigned to a low-fat diet had the same rates of breast cancer, colon cancer, heart attacks and strokes as those who ate whatever they pleased, researchers are reporting today. ..." (Reference this link)

I guess I was a little surprised that those who eat Twinkies and scarf down Big Macs are not too much worse off than those who eat kudzu salads and been sprouts sprinkled with lemon juice. This proves, once again, there is no justice in the world. How'd you like to be an M.D. and have dozens of patients on tasteless, bland, low-fat, high-fiber diets - and then have them all read that study that shows that those who eat a high-fat diet have about the same risks for the same nasty health problems? I guess if nothing else, you'll be nice and skinny on a diet of kudzu and lemon juice - and there's no study (yet) that proves being fat is better for you or at least no worse for you than being skinny. However, there might be one next week - I'll be watching for that one. I guess what my grandmother told me, years ago, is the best advice: "Everything in moderation". Heck, why don't the medical madrigals sing that mantra? They could have learned a lot from my grandmother, who, as far as I know, never finished high school.

harley89

My step father was a doctor and he always said it is not what you eat but the quanity you eat that affects you 

Jinx55

Well you know all these "know it all" Dr's are really starting to get on my nerves, my wife's neorulogist tells her THIS YEAR , that a med she's been taking for 30 years has "possibly" been leaching the calcium from her bones...so now take 1,000 MG of calcium a day(well she has been taking calcium) duh....however new reports say too much calcium can cause kidney stones,  :o
You just can't win  >:(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview