This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anybody out there have a 2 year old?

Started by Mommylov1216,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommylov1216

Okay.. I am going nuts over here! My two year old son is driving me there.
Does anyone have any tips? He don't sleep but maybe like 3 hours per night.. he always wants my full blown attention. I can't get no free time to myself or anything!! I know he is just being a little boy, but I am so tired

macktami95

my daughter is almost 2 and i dont know what to tell you but sry she is the best baby since she was born she has slept through the night we put her to bed at 11 and she gets up between 10 and 1030 except when my husband is home on the weekends she knows hes here so she gets up a little earlier but not much
and during the day she is in her own world watching dora and blue and she loves lazytown and diego always playing with her toys running around like a crazy girl lmao
only time she really wants anything from me is when she is hungry or thirsty :-[
i think we just got lucky with her and her ways lol
what time do you try to put him to bed and does he take naps during the day ?
i only give mine 1 nap a day about 3pm

bobby

when i was little i was easily amused by nintendo and flashing lights maybe put him in front of the tv ;)

Country Lady

He needs to get tired.  Does he have any little playmates?  Even a few hours in day care once in awhile might work.  It has been many years since I had a little one around (thank the good lord).  I would search the dollar store for lots of new toys/books.   Then pull out something new when it gets unbearable.  Hopefully it will pass soon.  If not you might talk to his Dr. and see if something else is going on with him.  Some kids entertain them selves really well and others don't.

Mommylov1216

I have tried just about everything. I really do think something is up with his sleep! He could go all day with NO naps, and still only sleep for about 3 hours. He does have severe asthma.. so he has been sick alot in his 2 years of life. He also acts nervous all the time and I don't know why.

His doctors say its normal.. that he is just being a toddler and will grow out of it...
I just am so tired all the time from the lack of sleep..

He don't have any playmates though.. besides a few cousins.. Mostly, all he sees is me and his daddy! No one offers to babysit at all nor have we had any help hardly since the day he was born. Maybe that is the answer.. he needs friends!!

Thanks for all the help

Country Lady

I wish I could offer more help.  My oldest two were 11 months apart so I know what tired is.  Back in those days it was cloth diapers also, mountains of them.
Little ones seem to tire out faster if they are playing with other little ones, thats why I sugested a day care.  My daughter in law took hers for just a hour once in awhile.  It gave her a break and tired them out.

Having asthma could be some of the problem.  Can't your Dr. give him something to help with the sleep?  I know they don't like to do that but even something to help him relax...  I know some childrens medication makes them sleepy and is perfectly safe.  Our youngest son had broncular asthma and I was ready for the funny farm before he out grew it.  The dr did give us some medication for him that helped him breath better and then he could sleep.
I guess if nothing else you could hire a sitter for a couple of hours and take a nap...at someone elses house.  ;)

Mommylov1216

lol! Thing is though, I would never leave my son with anyone I didn't know.. even daycare is a no no for me... I know its being stubborn.. but I love my son too much for him to be hurt, neglected, or anything else.. I just worry myself too much over his safety. Even now because his little mind doesnt know how to tell us if someone did hurt him

froggielover

ehhhh.. gawd!!  my son is 9 and still acts that way!!  anyone have some help for me!!..

i dont know.. we had probs with my son at that age too.. but we did something i wouldn't recomment.. we put his crib in our room.. *nightmare screams*.  he went to sleep great.. tryin to get him out of our room was H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS..

but uh.... where did u get those cute smileys.. i want em. O0

harley89

Terrible twos how the memory is still with even 30+ years after they occured. Do some research and see if any of the churches in your area have a program for 2 year olds or mothers morning out. We have one church here that offers these programs. If you dont try meeting other mothers with small children and organize your own play group.  One other thing pay close attention to his diet food can affect small children in different ways. Just look for his behavior after he eats  and see if you notice changes of course sugar and caffine are always on the list. Good luck  I promise one day it will end  he will grow up leave home and you will wish he was still 2   we all do  until grand children come along   GOOD LUCK

bubblegum

do keep a food journal and make notes of his behavior.  Try to keep out as much sugar as possible.  Also see about having him join a day care/preschool/play group or something so you have a couple hours a day at least of sanity and he gets worn out.  Either that or call those nanny 911 people and get on their show to get them to help you with him  ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview