Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Chad Pennington

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Looks like the Jets will cut Chad Pennington. He is scheduled to make 9 million dollars next year and the Jets want him to take a 8 million dollar paycut because they are 26 million over the cap. :o

Can't say I blame him. Takes a lot of nerve to ask someone to take that kind of paycut.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

jrzydvl

as a fan of the Giants and an employee of the stadium so i get to see both teams  i said they should have never given him the extension. yes he helped them to the playoffs but after that he has gotten injured every year so i said its about time and they should look into drafting a new young talent and hope it turns out for the better.

Homer

I bet Falcons fans feel the same way. I think Vick's backup Schaub is a better QB. Vick is the better athlete but Schaub is a better QB. ;)

hades

all vick can really do is run.as for pennington the jets were nuts to pay him that much.

Proud2banvywife

I have to disagree being from the "herd" town I have followed chad since Marshall Days and i think he is good better than some other! maybe im just like that cause ive watched him from the beginning of his college career!

jrzydvl

ok vivk is a good player he should be a rb and schaub should be the qb i know some would disagree

as for chad he is good but since he took over and made the playoffs and the following season got hurt in the preseason against the giants broke his wrist i believe  he started to go down hill and become gun shy as do most athletes after getting hurt. chad restored many fans faiths when he did great.

Homer

I'll make the following comparison being I'm from Philly.

Mike Vick = Allen Iverson

I'm not gonna go into all the off the field/court stuff. Let's focus on their game. I know it's comparing apples to oranges but there is some relevance.

These are just my personal opinions. I realize others may not agree with me but that's ok. We're all entitled to our opinion.

Vick and Iverson are tremendous athletes. They both put thousands of fannies in the seats so they are good for business.

Vick is a below average passer where Iverson is a below average shooter.

I believe both could be better players in their respective sports but lack the dedication and supporting cast to be successful.

As an owner. You want these guys on your team because it makes you richer.

As a fan you enjoy watching these guys because of their tremendous athletic ability but trust me after a while it gets boring unless you win a championship.

Is it best to keep these guys and hope to win a championship?

In Iverson's case we love his heart and desire but it's now approx. 10 years he has been in the league and he helped take the team to the finals against the Lakers where he failed to accomplish the ultimate goal. At this point in his career the team sucks and he can still play but there is no light at the end of the tunnel. There is no supporting cast due to the incompetence of the GM. and people are no longer filling the seats.

In Vick's case I see a player who is lazy and attempts to win games with his athletic ability. Don't get me wrong he's an amazing talent but lacks the fundamentals and skills that are necessary for him to be a great player in the NFL. Because of his athletic ability he was able to get through college and make the games look easy. Because of this he never received proper coaching to develop his passing skills. Can he improve those skills? I believe he can but I don't think he will. Vick is still young and can get his act together but once the fans stop coming to the games Vick will find himself in much the same situation as Iverson.

Well I ranted long enough here and I'm just realizing I probably should have used Tom Brady as an example.

As a fan would you rather have.....

Tom Brady - a fundamentally sound QB with 3 SB rings

or Mike Vick - a tremendous athlete who is not fundamentally sound and 0 SB rings.

jrzydvl

homer very well put as im sure your a eagle fans they had a tough season will all the turmoil they are a great team just gotta rid of the big headache known as T.Oh i better shut my mouth  but as you said brady is the qb you need - a fundamentally sound QB with 3 SB rings until they win the big one we will never know how good they are. look at BIG BEN the giants had the oppertunity to take him which up until their pick they had him on the radar but then the chargers gave  in and we got manning and ben went to pitts and has been doing great.

i dont ever wanna rag on a qb but some are only made to be 2nd string qbs not as starters. i think chad is only a 2nd string qb

Homer

That's where a college career can be very deceiving. When I evaluate a player I look at their numbers against top notch competition.

College football schedules generally have about 2-3 games where good teams blow out lousy teams. For example Temple by 50 points or some outrageous number. There are about 120 Division I teams in college. Only half of them actually deserve to be Division I.

Like I mentioned Temple sucks. They win 1-2 games a year but teams like the Miami Hurricanes schedule them because they can pad their stats and in the past margin of victory would move you higher in the polls.

I could go on posting about this all night but I better stop. LOL

hades

ah i forgot texas qb's name.but i think he will be the next vick but only a lot better overall.

Homer

Vince Young. I think he's a better passer than Vick.

hades

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview