Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I really need help on this!

Started by Mommylov1216,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommylov1216

Okay, I know this is really off topic.. but I need advice!

My son is two and he doesnt sleep at night, he sleeps during the day. Well, this morning.. I was awoke by him shaking all over! He done it for like 5 seconds or so and I tapped him on the arm and he stopped and just kept sleeping.
Do you think this is a seziure? It scared me to death because he has shooke when he had a nightmare but i think this time was worser... but it might have just been scary because it awoke me.
he didnt cry or anything.. just shooke and went back to sleep.
Please help me on this..

Homer

The best advice I could give you is to see a doctor. It could be nothing but it's best to get him checked out.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

nightperson

no not a suziure it would of not respond but best would be to get him to a doctor just incase might be having dreams

Mommylov1216

that is the first time he has ever done this.. it really scared me! I'm a first time mommy and I didnt know what was going on! Anyone elses kid (s) do this before? Should I take him to the er tonight or wait till monday till his doctors office is opened?

Homer

Monday is a Holiday and the office is probably closed. I don't mean to scare you but a trip to the emergency room might be in order. Maybe your doctor has an answering service that can contact him. Most doctors do.

I'd rather be safe than sorry. I hope he is ok. ;)

froggielover

i would take him to the doctor.  i agree about not being a seizure.. cuz seizures don't respond.. they end when they end.. but i've never had this with my kids.. tho sometimes i wake up to me shaking or a huge jolt cuz of a dream.. but to be on the safe side.. specially with kids.. go to the doc

yes i forgot about monday being a holiday.. call doctor's answering service and have him call you and go from there.

nightperson

mommylove i did talk to my doc next door and he said call your doc off and he should call you back he said he has seen 4 kids that had some flu that was alittle different then the adult have so call him and see what he says are you can take him to a minor emergency place please let me know ok does he wake up in a cold sweat when he wake up does he seam ok when you talk to him just some things thedoc told me to ask you

SexySagittarian

Quote from: Mommylov1216 on February 18, 2006, 03:36:41 PM
Okay, I know this is really off topic.. but I need advice!

My son is two and he doesnt sleep at night, he sleeps during the day. Well, this morning.. I was awoke by him shaking all over! He done it for like 5 seconds or so and I tapped him on the arm and he stopped and just kept sleeping.
Do you think this is a seziure? It scared me to death because he has shooke when he had a nightmare but i think this time was worser... but it might have just been scary because it awoke me.
he didnt cry or anything.. just shooke and went back to sleep.
Please help me on this..

You need to give more info in order to get the best advice. Such as, has your son been sick recently, does he have a fever? I have had seizures since i was 11 months old. What your son experienced does not seem like a typical seisure but there are many types of seizures. Her is probably OK since you were able to wake him out of it but many times young children will seize because of a high fever. If the fever is not present  and he hasn't bumped his head and he's never had a seizure before it may have just been chills. If he does have a fever or has bumped his head you should go directly to the ER with him. I would definately call your pediatrician ( or local hospital if you don't have a pediatrician) and ask what they recommend. If a qualified professional determines that it is not an emergency you should have him checked by a doctor first thing next week. As someone else said...better safe than sorry!

Mommylov1216

hey all. thanks for the responses. I just got off the phone with ask a nurse. The nurse told me it really dont sound like a fever but since I said it was a hard shake, that concerns her. She told me to call his doctors when they open and just ask them what to do. He hasn't been sick lately nor has had a fever. No bumps on his head or anything. He did spend the day with my parents yesterday and my mom said they played, wrestled, ext. He is not use to that much attention, the ask a nurse said that might have made him be over excited and made him have a nightmare.

Mommylov1216

And wouldnt you know that I called his doctors BEFORE calling ask a nurse and their stupid mailbox was full like it always is! grrr

Homer

I hope all is well in the end. ;)

Oh yeah....don't forget to finish the story and let us know what the doctor says.

nightperson

well that is good to here the mailbox was full dont they have an emergency call service well i think he will be ok but ty for letting us know was worried you didnt answer back i thought maybe you call

Mommylov1216

Thanks homer and nightperson! I really do think it was just a bad dream, but you know if it isnt.. I know that GOD is watching over my son at all times and he will protect my baby. God never gives us anymore than what we can handle. I have prayed all day over this, and I am leaving it at the good lords feet.

Please pray for Noah everyone.

Homer

nightperson

well yes is true buy them little 2 yrs old can make a mother very tried over there little body but they are so cute at that age he will be ok but us mother always worry no matter what i do still over mine and they are 27 and 23 and i so over my grandaughter

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview