Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL Rumors

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Here are the latest rumors courtesy of www.sportsline.com

Baltimore Ravens Updated:02/17/2006

The Baltimore Sun reports that Deion Sanders is retiring from the NFL after recording five interceptions and 49 tackles in two seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. Sanders might return to television as a studio analyst. 

Buffalo Bills Updated:02/15/2006

According to wire reports, QB J.P. Losman will have to compete with Kelly Holcomb for the starting job. The battle begins this spring and new coach Dick Jauron hopes to have a starter by training camp. 

Chicago Bears Updated:02/15/2006

The Chicago Bears seem to be in the forefront for Steelers WR/KR Antwaan Randle El. The Chicago Tribune reports that Randle El, who threw a TD pass in Super Bowl XL, wants to remind teams that he is also a special-teams standout.

Cincinnati Bengals Updated:02/13/2006

The Dayton Daily News reports that it is absurd that the Bengals would want to trade WR Chad Johnson. However, Coach Marvin Lewis wants less distractions and more leadership out of Johnson, according to the Daily News. 

Indianapolis Colts Updated:02/13/2006

The Indianapolis Star ponders life without RB Edgerrin James, who becomes a free agent on March 3. There is a feeling that the salary-cap strapped Colts won't be able to re-sign James, who is the team's all-time rushing leader. 

Miami Dolphins Updated:02/15/2006

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Miami Dolphins could enter the running for WR Terrell Owens. After the way coach Nick Saban handled the Ricky Williams situation, he could be willing to give Owens a chance. 

Minnesota Vikings Updated:02/17/2006

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that QB Daunte Culpepper will be placed on the trading block. The Raiders, Jets, Dolphins and Ravens are teams who could be looking for a quarterback. 

New York Jets Updated:02/15/2006

The N.Y. Jets aren't likely to include John Abraham in their plans for the future. The New York Daily News says the team could place a franchise tag on him, as they did last year, but that would cost the Jets $8 million against the cap. 

Pittsburgh Steelers Updated:02/13/2006

Antwaan Randle El has a big decision to make as a coveted free agent in this offseason's pool of players. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Randle El, who attends Bible study, will allow God to make a decision for him as to whether he should remain with Pittsburgh or go elsewhere. 

Seattle Seahawks Updated:02/13/2006

The Seattle Times reports that both the Arizona Cardinals and the Carolina Panthers are rumored to be interested in RB Shaun Alexander. Teams aren't allowed to discuss their interest in a player without violating strict NFL tampering rules. 

Tennessee Titans Updated:02/15/2006

Since it appears that Vince Young and Matt Leinart will not be passing at the NFL scouting combine, Jay Cutler could increase his draft stock. According to the Nashville Tennessean, Cutler will also run the 40-yard dash and participate in shuttle drills. 

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

Homer

Your welcome.

With the season over I'm scrambling for any bit of news to get me through until the draft in April. ;)

bobby

i feel bad for the bills with jaron as coach

hades

who you think will go #1? and whos your favorite team?

bobby

Homer

Homer

Bush will go #1 just based on the fact that the Texans signed David Carr to his extension. That's a BIG mistake. Carr doesn't impress me.

hades

bobby

Homer

I think they resigned Carr because they were under big time pressure to draft Young who is from Houston.

I don't think Bush should be #1 either. I see Bush as a Westbrook type player. 10-15 carries a game.

In his college career he only carried the ball more than 20 times twice I believe. In the long run I believe his teammate LenDale White will be a much better RB. In fact I wouldn't mind if the Eagles drafted him. That probably won't happen though. Andy Reid throws the ball 70 percent of the time.

Helen

Thanks for the info Homer. I'm looking forward to attending my teams draft day party at the stadium. They make the draft a fun day!!

Homer

foxx

Quote from: Homer on February 18, 2006, 07:01:09 PM
I think they resigned Carr because they were under big time pressure to draft Young who is from Houston.

I don't think Bush should be #1 either. I see Bush as a Westbrook type player. 10-15 carries a game.

In his college career he only carried the ball more than 20 times twice I believe. In the long run I believe his teammate LenDale White will be a much better RB. In fact I wouldn't mind if the Eagles drafted him. That probably won't happen though. Andy Reid throws the ball 70 percent of the time.

I agree with your Reggie Bush and LenDale White observation.  It seems that there are very few #1 picks at running back who make a carreer in the NFL, (remember KiJana Carter?) and White seems to be more in the mold of a RB with longevity.  I for one think that Vince Young is going to be a fantastic asset to whoever takes him.  The mobile quarterback is one of the most exciting things about the NFL...Kordell in his prime and Mike Vick?  That's entertainment. 

And what about Dominick Davis?  I know he has had his share of injuries, but hasn't he only been in the league for 3 years?  If the Texans take Bush, I'd like to see Davis go to Carolina. 

LastCall

Homer
  I am a foot Ball nut But I think Dallas or the Patriots may get TOwens
     those would be the only 2 coaches that could  handle him
         and he would have to become a team player Although Patriots do not have
           the Money this year way over the cap ...Dallas does  have the money of course  Who is your team Homer ? this is very interesting ;D  thanks

LastCall

Hello Foxx
    No Bush talk around here lol I think Bush should also stay in Texas
            All Bushes for that matter No offense people Go Chenny
                   lol he needs glasses :o he thought he shot a huge quail lmao
                            Thank God that man is okay now :-*    But he also knows now what the QUAIL would have felt llike also being short  :'( dont kill it if you wont eat it  :P  Gods creatures

foxx

Hey Chad...  Lol...i do agree that we would all be better off if everyone named Bush stayed in Texas!!  (sorry to all you texans out there...)

and if TO ends up in New England, I will eat my big toe...Belechick would never put up with his crap!   ;)

LastCall

Foxx
  Belichick is brilliant I don't think he would want him But the Tuna may
      that is exactly what  Dallas need is a great receiver  although  with brains << But he would not fool around with the Tuna       T Owens would be canned   IN a tuna can  for sure with Bill Parcells and signed sealed and delivered to IRAQ  ::)

groomsy

it would be awesome if the bears could get randle el, man thatd really be awesome but with grossman healthy i am fine with the team now, but getting el would ut us over the top, as we already have a great defense

Helen

Quote from: foxx on February 19, 2006, 11:05:46 AM

and if TO ends up in New England, I will eat my big toe...Belechick would never put up with his crap!   ;)

Billy Boy has a way of taming his players and pulling the best out of them. Would be interesting to see....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview