Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

LastCall

TOwens
    Will never go to the Patriots if any team he will go to Dallas
           that is the true rumor  O0

Homer

No better team to ruin than the Cowgirls. :D  :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SI

Well, this could all be in vain...  That is, unless the teams & players association can come to terms on a new CBA.  One of the comments in this story (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9280910) worries me somewhat:

Quote"The overwhelming majority of players who will be released would've been released even if there had been an extension," said agent Mike Sullivan. "Where there is a difference is that there won't be the money for a lot of them to go back to work. That room used to be created by restructuring contracts to create additional cap room, but you can't do that under the new rules."

Sullivan believes the real impact of a stalemate wouldn't be felt until 2007, when the league would enter into an uncapped year where free agents don't become unrestricted until after their sixth seasons -- as opposed to after their fourth years under the present deal.

"You could find massive holdouts of the fourth-and-fifth-year players," he said, "which would disrupt the system."

Could you imagine the chaos if the NFL fell apart?  Lol the beer industry alone would be in ruin :))!  I mean, just look at hockey; they've had to resort to having their games broadcast on the Outdoor Life Network (not that there's anything wrong with OLN).

Homer

The players are too stupid for their own good. :-[ :P

Just check their Wonderlic scores if you don't believe me.  :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SI

Quote from: Homer on March 04, 2006, 01:34:56 PM

Lol just goes to show that ignorance, at least in their case, truly is bliss >:D.  But of course, let's not forget the greed factor.  Then you throw in the agent factor, and you have a recipe for a bloody mess :))

Here's a sample of the Wonderlic test: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

LastCall

Helen
if you eat your big toe let me know how it tastes lmao :)) :)) :)) :)) ::) ::) :-\

Blu

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 04, 2006, 01:42:27 PM
Quote from: Homer on March 04, 2006, 01:34:56 PM

Lol just goes to show that ignorance, at least in their case, truly is bliss >:D.  But of course, let's not forget the greed factor.  Then you throw in the agent factor, and you have a recipe for a bloody mess :))

Here's a sample of the Wonderlic test: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html
FYI...Dan Marino got like a low 13 on the Wonderlic. It shows nothing, IMO, just like any standardized test it can be interpreted many ways.

SI

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview