PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:57:49 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I hit the Powerball

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

nightperson

oh well there is always next week to play again gl all

SI

Yeah, one person bought a "quick pick" ticket in Lincoln, Nebraska.  Key word being "a".

Weird though, if you think about it: the last four or five massive jackpots have been hit in "small" areas: couple big hits in the West Virginia area, Oregon, Nebraska...  You'd think with all the cash coming in from the big-city areas (Chicago, NY, LA), statistically someone from nearby areas should've won.  Or, at the very least, there would be multiple winners...

Quote from: ABlondieInAz on February 19, 2006, 12:44:57 AM
1 Lucky Ticket  in Nebraska hit the jackpot!  :o

foxx

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 19, 2006, 12:16:57 PM
Yeah, one person bought a "quick pick" ticket in Lincoln, Nebraska.  Key word being "a".

Weird though, if you think about it: the last four or five massive jackpots have been hit in "small" areas: couple big hits in the West Virginia area, Oregon, Nebraska...  You'd think with all the cash coming in from the big-city areas (Chicago, NY, LA), statistically someone from nearby areas should've won.  Or, at the very least, there would be multiple winners...

Actually...3 of the last 5 "biggies" hit here in Western Pennsylvania...  2 of them were purchased at gas stations that are 5 miles apart...the other one a little further away in New Castle (about 20 miles north)...

And not all states participate...NY, IL and CA being three of them according to the Powerball website...

Mary

here in cali we have our own lotto and also another called mega millions  :)

nightperson

SI

Quote from: foxx on February 19, 2006, 12:54:33 PM

Actually...3 of the last 5 "biggies" hit here in Western Pennsylvania...  2 of them were purchased at gas stations that are 5 miles apart...the other one a little further away in New Castle (about 20 miles north)...

And not all states participate...NY, IL and CA being three of them according to the Powerball website...

No, but they are all near states that do.  We've got a gas station here that took in over $50K yesterday by itself.  They had shifts of locals, sheriffs & troopers stationed there all day for security.  It's right on the border between IL and WI.  Also, Indiana was marketing it heavily on Chicago radio-stations.  I can't speak for other areas across the country, but I'd find it safe to assume that the same things are happening.

pogohatesme

I live in a city close to the Ohio border in Indiana......we have Powerball in Indiana and they don't have it in Ohio and our gas stations and liquor stores close to the line make tons of money off the people that come over from Ohio to buy tickets.

pogohatesme

Heres the offical payout results:

The one time cash option is 177.3 million which is roughly 124.1 million after taxes.
The installment plan would payout over 30 years and the 1st payment would be $6,507,986 after taxes

SaintHiρρo

Powerball Winner may not know he or she won!

<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060220/ap_on_re_us/record_jackpot">Jackpot Winner: Laying Low, or Not Aware?</a>

foxx

Quote from: SaintHippo on February 19, 2006, 08:19:47 PM
Powerball Winner may not know he or she won!

<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060220/ap_on_re_us/record_jackpot">Jackpot Winner: Laying Low, or Not Aware?</a>

If I had won that much money, there is no way I would claim it right away....the media goes crazy...you have a year to claim it...I might just run up my credit cards until a few months had passed by... ;)

RC

When they say that there's only 1 winning ticket and that the ticket was bought using quick pick.. it does not literally mean that one person went up and bought just one $1 ticket and that won (not that it couldn't happen, but odds are against that). But that is how what you wrote is making that sound. Nothing is known about the winner yet.. it could have been a group of people who all went in on a whole bunch of tickets.. 50, 100, 500, etc... and one of that bunch had the winning numbers. If ya wanna get technical, I guess every ticket is bought by "one person", but that one person may be representing a group of people as well.

SEAHAWKS

Well i just wanted to e 1 know i was the lucky winner ::) . I"ll be claiming my $$$$ soon enough. And here"s a cold one for E 1 spb.gif ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview