PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 09:10:01 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sony PS3 Update

Started by SI,

Previous topic - Next topic

SI

Here's some shocking info for all of you waiting for the PS3 to come out :o :

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.games/02/20/sony.playstation.reut/index.html

Here's a snippet from the article:

QuoteSony's shares fell as much as 4.4 percent on Monday after Merrill Lynch said in a research note last week that the PS3's launch might be delayed by six to 12 months and the cost of production could initially approach $900 per unit.

hades

SI

Quote from: hades on February 20, 2006, 12:20:44 PM
$900? eek ill cry as i buy it  :-\

Umm, that's just the speculated cost of production.  If that's true, then I could see the system itself going for well over $1000...  Man, that would just catapult XBox 360 sales through the roof!

Now again, these are all just speculations, since Sony's dragging its heels on presenting the PS3's components for official classification.

nightperson

hmmmm $900. vs $10. an auto let see i could buy alot of autos 90 auto i think i will stick yo buyinh the auto

bobby

900$ for a ps3, i'll just tape my ps1 and ps2 together ;D

kgansor

I work at gamestop and we were just talking about how the company sony is getting the graphics cards from is raising the prices and stuff and sony isnt going to many any profit off of the ps3s for at least a year unless they raise their prices. But I think pretty much everyone who works at any place like that who gets the information realized months ago that the ps3s price was going to be raised to near 900 if not more dollars. which is completely outrageous. can you only imagine the going price on ebay once they come out. hah someones gonna be freakin rich.

Lish

Quote from: bobby on February 20, 2006, 07:28:49 PM
900$ for a ps3, i'll just tape my ps1 and ps2 together ;D

ROFL my thoughts exactly!  :)) I wouldn't pay that much!

hades

i dont want to spend it but i want the ps3 so im stuck.its far better then anything else ever offered.  :)

sonic126

AS statedin the article

Manufacturers typically sell new game consoles at a loss initially to gain market share so they can later make money by selling software -- a $25 billion global market.

So expect theĀ  PS3 to go for less then 900.00 retail. (or expect game bundles with console for 900.00+ to make up costs) also the article stated that SONY is trying to stay close to the 400.00 mark to compete with MS

sonic

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: sonic126 on February 22, 2006, 01:09:13 PM
also the article stated that SONY is trying to stay close to the 400.00 mark to compete with MS

And you may expect Saint Hippo to stay closer to the mark down price after it's been out for a long time!

slidecage2222

Go  Rent

Fight night  Round  3...... and  just forget all about the  PS3... if they can make games look this good on the ps2   I can wait another   year or  two  (2007 or 2008)  before the  Ps3   even comes out

hades

the games will look awesome on it  :)

so any price under 1k is worth it

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview