PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 05:50:09 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 28, 2006, 07:55:25 PM
Awesome series!  I love the new premise behind the Cylons; talk about trippy!  My only complaint is that the seasons seem to be really short (compared to most tv series).

True..

I just got season 2 on DVD and there are only 10 episodes!  Seems like a ripoff. 

Also I have no problem with Starbuck being a lady in the remake. (unlike this other scifi geek message board I'm on)

SI

No arguments here ;D!  I'm thankful that there aren't any annoying kids running around with robot-bears (used to drive me NUTS >:D).  Also, I like the direction that they took with the fleet, making it military in nature; looking back at the original series, it seemed more like a hippie/krishna commune (no offense to any hippies or krishnas reading this).

yeahright

..and thank the gods they dropped that "by your command" junk the Centurions used to spit out all the time.   8)

Ethan_Hawley

So who wins the election next week, Roslin or Baltar?  My guess is a big cliffhanger ending with the election undecided and Starbuck stranded on Caprica...

Homer

Roslin.

The seasons keep getting shorter don't they?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SI

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on March 04, 2006, 02:34:46 PM
So who wins the election next week, Roslin or Baltar?  My guess is a big cliffhanger ending with the election undecided and Starbuck stranded on Caprica...

Yeah, Roslin will win.  If they had Baltar win, I think it would be too difficult for them to manipulate the stories.  Or, they could always turn it into a military coup.

The big question is whether or not they'll reveal the victor during the episode:
a.  If they don't, then it'll play off as a cliff-hanger 'til next season.
b.  If they do, then there will be some major catastrophe that'll leave us dangling 'til next season.

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: Homer on March 04, 2006, 02:52:56 PM
Roslin.

Yes, so short!  But they will still charge 40 bucks (at least) for the DVD's when they come out. 

Homer

I like the show as I did the original series but not enough to buy the DVD's

Ethan_Hawley

I'm kind of a geek about that stuff...so I can go back and still frame it to get hidden details.  Yes I know, get a life, or a hobby at least.   O0

IMHO it's just such a more compelling storyline than most sci-fi series out there. 

Homer

Well Rolling Stone would agree with you there. They gave it a very good review. ;)

RC

Quote from: Homer on March 04, 2006, 02:52:56 PM
Roslin.

The season actually isn't short. Season 1 only had 13 episodes, it was the debut of a new series, and one I expect takes a lot to film, so I could see making it somewhat short to see how it went and if it was worth to continue into other seasons. Where you may be getting confused is, they had Season 2 start last year and it went I think about 10 episodes, then they had a big long hiatus.. but that was not the entire season. When it started up again, they started airing the 2nd half of Season 2, which I think with this coming Friday's finale, will be the 20th show of Season 2. You can see this by going to http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/episodes/. You will notice all of the past 20 shows (19 + the finale) are all under Season 2. Granted, it may just as well be seperate seasons since they took so much time off in between the 2 halves, and I don't exactly like when they do that either, but at least if anyone were to get the show on dvd, you'd have 20 shows on one disc set instead of having to buy 2 different sets.

Ethan_Hawley

Hmmm...I feel swindled for having bought the first 10 episodes of season "2" then.  Bummer.  Thanks for the info RC.

RC

Well.. I guess I was wrong about the dvds then. Seems weird to air half a season and then release the dvds for it so fast, and then air the rest of the season after.. which is how it appears from their own website, listing all those episodes as being for season 2. Maybe just a way to get more money from people thinking they are buying an entire season, then have to go buy the rest of it later. Or maybe breaking it up, they think people will buy them at that price instead of putting it all together and then putting some ridiculous price like $99 on it or somethin. I had just assumed dvds hadn't been released yet considering they were still in the same season. But now that I went and looked somewhere, I do recall seeing that Season 2.0 advertised before.. maybe the second half will be released as 2.5.. weird.

SI

Just got done watching the season finale...  I won't spoil it for anyone that may have missed it, but all I can say is I did NOT see that coming.

enonymous

i just downloaded a free episode of it off itunes..looks interesting *_*

Ethan_Hawley

Lots of fast-forwarding..kind of disappointing really.  It's almost like they're starting all over again.  Stupid Baltar...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview