PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:31:33 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

stupid customer story

Started by bubblegum,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblegum

Hubby works in retail and his coworker sent him this email about a stupid customer he had....to funny not to share

Cheers!!!!  spb.gif

I was working at customer service desk and a customer came in to return a toa ster oven, this thing was nasty with spilled food and molding old food in the bottom. The customer wanted to have it replaced because it had stopped working.

(keep in mind the company they work for has a strict policy on returns # 1 there must be a receipt # 2 it must be in like new condition and if it is broken they will in most cases replace it with another or a similar item)

Well this thing was old and not in new or even well kept condition and the lady demanded we stand behind our product. I asked for her receipt and explained this looked like it was at least a few years old and out of warranty.

She started screaming at me (really) that our products were a piece of **** and that she would never shop here again and of course I was an idiot, and she read from her receipt that CUSTOMER SATISFACTION was GUARANTEED and she would not leave until we stood by what the receipt said.

The customers in line were getting a little mad by now waiting for me to take care of this lady and started to make comments to me and to the lady none of which were nice.

I was flustered but could not remember our receipt saying that and asked to see it,. SHE SLAMMED it down on the counter and said YOU will honor this!!!!

I read the receipt and asked the lady if she knew where Sears was? She said yes and asked what the hell that had to do with anything. I explained that the receipt for the ****ster oven was from the Sears next door and that the store she was in had nothing to do with Sears in any way shape or form.

The crowd started laughing, she grabbed the oven and bolted out of the store. I smiled and looked down at the counter, she had forgotten her receipt. I should have run after her but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Being the @#$% idiot she proclaimed I was earlier I just went to lunch....

babygurl424

hahaha!!  i've had a few ppl like that when i worked..worked at walmart in layaway and as a cashier..also worked at lowes as a cashier/head cashier/returns/customer service..had a woman throw a hair brush at me once cause we were out of helium to blow her balloons up..lol

SI

That is TOO funny  :)) :)) :))

Having spent more years than I care to recall in retail (akak H***), I can relate to this.  Lol I once had an irate customer *attempt* to throw his audio receiver at me.  The company I worked for offered, as many do, an extended warranty on products.  He just so happened to have one on his receiver.  When I informed him that we didn't cover product neglect (the company was so cheap that they had explicit listings of what they did and did not cover), he tried to hurl it at me in the store.  He missed by about 10 feet lol.  When I stormed out from behind the counter, he flew out the door (I can be a bit imposing: 6' tall, 250lbs >:D).

The reason we wouldn't honor the repair?  He used the receiver to power a stereo system in his mobile welding shop.  This thing was caked with 1/2" of soot all over.  I'm guessing that caused it to short out (go figure).

nightperson

that was to funny he had the last laugh good for him

SouthPadreIsland

I would have been fired, therefore I am not in any type of job position in where I have to deal with customers.  I cannot keep my mouth shut at times!! :o

nanners

Funny Funny stuff.. :)) I needed a good laugh this mornig..Thanks!! sp.gf

bubblegum

I've worked more than my fair share in fast food and I've got plenty of stupid customer stories..LOL but I thought this one topped the cake  :)

Mary

lilywhite

I also  worked with   J Q  public  for  years and years  as  a  waitress  and  managers   and  believe   me   when I  say  I could   tell  stories  all night     Trying to raise  2  boys  on  the few  tipe  I received    was  no  picnic  and   I have had to  bite  my  tounge   many a time  for   $ ..... But  to be  fair  there  were   many a nice person  that still  remember  me today  when  I see them  and I  also  remember them  as  a nice  customer  and just  forget the  butts  that ruin  life  for  the rest of us . They are the ones  that look  stupid when they  throw  a  fit in public. it  usually  backfires  on them  anyway    :))

jakethesnake

That is one hillarious story!!  Nothing like watching complete jerks get what they deserve!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview