PlayBuddy
October 08, 2024, 08:18:49 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

checkers help

Started by butch1286,

Previous topic - Next topic

butch1286

everytime I play checker,chess pool  and a few other non-club games they freeze up. I tried doing all the cache clearing and all that restarting computer blah blah blah and it doesn't work even the pop up blocker and the security things I checked and nothin will get it to work I even had to replace hard drive and it those games still don't work any ideas?

foxx

Is it the game that won't play? or a problem with the auto?  I'm a little confused...

hades

sounds like its a game issue.what java are you using?

butch1286

its the game a few other games wont play either sunjava

Tara

I can only tell ya that when I had Windows 98  I couldnt play pool...I would always freeze up...I tried everything and sent emails to pogo daily....noone could figure it out...but after I got XP I never had a problem

butch1286

i have xp and really fast internet with sun java and emailed pogo a million  times qbut apparently by birds but is smarter than pogo cause they kept telling me to refresh page and clear cache after I had already done it a thousand times.

crankycook

butch1286

foxx

Hmmm...its a perpelxing problem. 

Once upon a time, Homer suggested downloading Windows Washer...it cleans things up really nice...
You can get a 30 day free trial (and I tried it and love it) at:

http://www.webroot.com/consumer/downloads/

Hope this helps....Good Luck!

crankycook

have you tried shutting down any program you don't need running? messengers etc, not sure that will help but it won't hurt to try. also you have a pm Butch

Mary

thanks foxx now to wash my windows  :))  :))  :))

foxx

Quote from: mama on February 23, 2006, 01:53:26 PM
thanks foxx now to wash my windows  :))  :))  :))

lol...I hate cleaning windows...some one should start a "Hunky Shirtless Window Cleaning Co."...  I would be their first client!   ;)

pogocheater25

I used to have that problem but once i got another computer it was better

player444

I have had the same problem on my PC playing Quick Quack.   5 minutes and I freeze.  Only game it happens with??  My laptop runs like a scalded cat.

BTW Butch    handsome cock a tiel    :P

Jonathan

have you tried deleting the java object for the game?

Oh and window washed be very careful with it. I used the freespace clean part of it and it killed my computer I had to totally reformat it....

BethR

I have this exact same problem, I deleted the java, reinstalled everything, cleared all the files etc. but checkers and pool still do not work. They used to work fine, nothing on my system has changed that would affect it, but these games just won't work for me now. Does anybody know why it's doing this??? I turned off all the firewall and virus stuff, but nothing helps. All the other Pogo games work fine so this is funky!

Homer

Try deleting the pogo game files by doing the following.

Go to

Tools
Internet Options
General Tab
Settings
View Objects

A window will popup with your pogo game files. Delete the ones you are having trouble with and close the window then click ok to close any remaining popups.

Go back to pogo and enter the game you had problems with. This will install the latest game files. It's possible your old ones may have gotten corrupted or outdated. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

BethR

Thanks for the help, I've already done all that many times, and deleted all the Sun Java stuff and reinstalled it, but the games still freeze up every time, it will load the game, but then it just sits there and won't let me do anything. Wish I had another puter to get those badges on! :-\

Gecko

Quote from: foxx on February 23, 2006, 08:28:48 AM
Hmmm...its a perpelxing problem. 

Once upon a time, Homer suggested downloading Windows Washer...it cleans things up really nice...
You can get a 30 day free trial (and I tried it and love it) at:

http://www.webroot.com/consumer/downloads/

Hope this helps....Good Luck!
just a thought  will  windows washer  wash all my windows   (including car)
just  checker ing  lol :-)
im still wondering does  pogo realy have a java issue or is it something more sneaky as to why we have to keep reinstalling the java pop up every time we change  rooms or rego into the same room ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview