PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 05:43:11 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Quote from: Helen on April 13, 2006, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: Tara on April 13, 2006, 07:56:03 PM
I used the stuff word again...grrr

That will be $19.99 please for using the "stuff" word.

:(  If I have to keep giving you 19.99 . The vacation money is going to be gone  :-\

Tara

Quote from: Bree on April 13, 2006, 07:58:03 PM
Tara I like the new avatar you have I think it is so cute.... O0

Thank you Bree...but the 1/2 naked man gets all the credit for this one  O0

Bree

Well thank him for me then, Tara.....  O0

And Foxx have a good night and I will miss you sista.....  8)

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 13, 2006, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 13, 2006, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: Tara on April 13, 2006, 07:56:03 PM
I used the stuff word again...grrr

That will be $19.99 please for using the "stuff" word.

:(  If I have to keep giving you 19.99 . The vacation money is going to be gone  :-\

You're not giving it to me, you're giving it to yourself!! If we all have to pay for "stuff" so do you, lol.  :))

Helen

I was just reading the message boards over at the AOL AI site. WOW.....those people are what you can really call nasty.
You haven't read rude until you've read over there. I stopped after about 5 minutes because it was soooo juvenile.
It's definately very tame here compared to there.  :o

Tara

I have 2 pages of unread STUFF and Helens name is the last one to respond on every single one except 4..lol  Shes multi- tasking  :oo

I need a break...bbl

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 14, 2006, 08:39:37 AM
I have 2 pages of unread STUFF and Helens name is the last one to respond on every single one except 4..lol  Shes multi- tasking  :oo

I need a break...bbl

Tara, I have some guys digging up my driveway to the back garage and the sound is driving me nuts. I don't have anything else to do. But if it bothers ya so much, I'll take a break.

Tara

Quote from: Helen on April 14, 2006, 08:49:02 AM
Quote from: Tara on April 14, 2006, 08:39:37 AM

I need a break...bbl

Tara, I have some guys digging up my driveway to the back garage and the sound is driving me nuts. I don't have anything else to do. But if it bothers ya so much, I'll take a break.

oh lordy...stoppit..I just had to have something to say to get a post in the AI thread...it looked lonely..come back it hot outside !!

SaintHiρρo

I love the fact this topic has been quiet for almost 24 hours but had to post this in here...

'Idol' Contestant Says Cowell Is Unhelpful
Sat Apr 15, 4:34 AM ET

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Bucky Covington, the latest contestant voted off "American Idol," says the comments of judge Simon Cowell are no longer helpful.

"It seems like he used to give advice, but now he doesn't give advice as he does try to put you down," said Covington, 28, a country singer from Rockingham.

On Tuesday, Covington sang a version of rock band Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls." Cowell called his performance "mediocre." The following night, Covington was booted off the Fox network show.

Covington said Cowell will never like singers like himself or contestant Taylor Hicks.

"For him to like someone like me or Taylor is out of the question. No matter what we do, he's not going to like us. We're just not his thing," he said.

His departure slimmed the "Idol" hopefuls to seven. The winner is set to be named May 24.

foxx

Really Bucky?  Because most of America thought you were just mediocre too...OR YOU WOULD STILL BE ON THE SHOW!  I love how they complain when they get voted off.  Shut up Bucky...you shouldn't have been in the top 12 anyway.

Kelly

I attribute Bucky lasting as long as he did to that "vote for the worst" website.......also I blame it on the stupid judges for picking him in the first place....what was they thinkin?????

personality wise I liked Bucky but the boy couldn't sing well at all.....hes NOT even in the same class "whiskey tenor" as Taylor because Taylor CAN sing and stretch his voice....Bucky was painful to listen to and yup very mediocre....he should of been gone long ago and just be thankful he got as far as he did....did he really think he was gonna win it....  :))  :))  :))

Tara

The Vote for the Best never helped Bucky...They have only helped Chicken Little and now there helping Pickles.  I wish they would of helped Bucky !! 

Kelly

I miss chicken little terribly (he was cute)......I cannot wait til Pickles is gone....she'll prolly make a few more weeks but as it comes down to the wire...the better voices will win out they ALWAYS do....someone came to my work the other day and I had Carries song "Jesus take the wheel" playin....they said ...oh theres another girl on AI just like Carrie....I said Pickles???...sorry she is NOT like Carrie except for the fact she sings country music....Pickles range is NO WHERE even close to Carries.....I'd love to here Pickles try to sing Carries song she'd never hit that long high note that Carrie does...lol....when I am singing along I stop at that point and say...nope can't do it don't even try gonna hurt myself....lmbo.....now I am not Pickle bashing I am just stating fact.....she has fans cause she can sing A BIT and is very nice looking girl and her silliness can be appealing to some....but she isn't going to win it....in my opinion  :)

Helen

Bottom line here is there can only be 1 winner and as long as a contestant remains on the show, they have that chance. I learned a long time ago to never say never!!!  :D

Tara

e4.gif>

Just vote for me that way all this wondering who's going to win crap will stop  >:D

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 15, 2006, 12:34:42 PM
e4.gif>

Just vote for me that way all this wondering who's going to win crap will stop  >:D

Vote for you?? Ummmmm, no!!! Cause then you'd run off with Simon and then we'd lose him as a judge and then there would be no show. You'd take all of Paula's drugs away and she'd be shot as a judge too. And you'd get Randy to quit saying Dawg.....now what would AI be without them??  :))   :))   :))

Tara

Foxx have you found out what there singing this week yet?

foxx

Quote from: Tara on April 16, 2006, 12:52:29 PM
Foxx have you found out what there singing this week yet?

Not yet...lemme go see if I can find out for ya...

foxx

okay...I am officially confused.  I thought the idols would be singing 60's songs with Rod Stewart as their helpful little famous person.  Everything I can find is that they will be singing popular "standards" that Stewart put out as a box set...Songs like "My funny Valentine"..."I've got your love to keep me warm", etc. 

Huh?  Did I block out what Seacrest said?  (I do that pretty often, so its possible.)

Can't find exactly what songs they are singing, but was able to find a list of all the songs i that box set.  The interesting thing is, apparently, they are not allowing the singers to change the arrangements.  Therefore, we won't be hearing the metal version of "Someone to Watch Over Me" from Chris this week kids...sorry to dissapoint!  LMMFAO

The possible song list:

VOLUME 1
1. You Go To My Head 2. They Can't Take That Away From Me 3. The Way You Look Tonight 4. It Had to Be You 5. That Old Feeling 6. These Foolish Things 7. The Very Thought of You 8. Moonglow 9. I'll Be Seeing You 10. Everytime We Say Goodbye 11. The Nearness of You 12. For All We Know 13. We'll Be Together Again 14. That's All

VOLUME 2
1. Time After Time 2. I'm In The Mood For Love 3. Don't Get Around Much Anymore 4. Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered 5. 'Till There Was You 6. Until The Real Thing Comes Along 7. Where Or When 8. Smile 9. My Heart Stood Still 10. Someone To Watch Over Me 11. As Time Goes By 12. I Only Have Eyes For You 13. Crazy She Calls Me 14. Our Love Is Here To Stay

VOLUME 3
1. Embraceable You 2. For Sentimental Reasons 3. Blue Moon 4. What A Wonderful World 5. Stardust 6. Manhattan 7. S'Wonderful 8. Isn't It Romantic 9. I Can't Get Started 10. But Not For Me 11. Kiss To Build A Dream On 12. Baby, It's Cold Outside 13. Night And Day 14. A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

VOLUME 4
1. I've Got a Crush on You 2. I Wish You Love 3. You Send Me 4. Long Ago and Far Away 5. Makin' Whoopee 6. My One and Only Love 7. Taking a Chance on Love 8. My Funny Valentine 9. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm 10. Nevertheless 11. Blue Skies 12. Let's Fall in Love 13. Thanks for the Memory

I think Elliott, Kat and Taylor are gonna have a great week...

Tara

I only know a few of those songs...I think..Im confused to...What kind of choices are those? 

I was thinking more in the lines of songs like

Maggie May
Hot Legs
Do you think Im sexy
Infatuation
Trouble

Yanno songs from late 70's and early 80's  not the friggen 60's

Thanks for posting  :-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview