PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 02:32:54 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

ClingFree

Quote from: foxx on May 08, 2006, 09:27:19 AM
I am literally crying right now...from hilarious laughter....

I found this at TWoP...hope the original poster doesn't mind, but I had to share this...
To preface: They have been having a really good time making fun of the lyrics to the "Coronation Song" that AI makes the contestants sing each year...you know, rainbows, puppies and that inside your heaven bullchit...So someone came up with Chris' song...apparently he was in a Christian Rock band prior to AI...

"Here's the theory related to the next song choice. Since Chris was told about three-four weeks ago that he's already won, the producers have had time to write a new song for him. They though, 'Well, it has to be rock, screamable, Christian, and oh yeah, puppies.' So here's what they came up with. They hope you like it.

Cross of Puppies

The man came and preached the Word,
But no one wanted to hear it.
ARGHHH!
He was the Son of our Lord,
Gentle as a cricket.
GRRRRAAAAH!

So they nailed Him up,
On a cross of puppies,
Not just one pup,
But a myriad of puppies.
WARGGGGHHH!

And he felt sad and left alone,
But them he went and realized
That the Lord was with him still
On that cross of puppies.

[Chorus]
Cross of puppies, cross of puppies,
Cross, cross, cross of puppies.
Cross, cross, cross,
Cross of many puppies.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!

To this day I am grateful
to the man who died for me,
Although I wish it hadn't cost
the life of even one puppy.

Cross of puppies, cross of puppies....
[and so on till he's totally hoarse]"

:))

That is hilarious!  Even if its mocking the way my future ex husband sings ... it is way funny!

foxx

I am still effing crying over it...omg.

You know I love you Clingie, right?  I didn't mean to openly mock Mr. Daughtry...but it was just too much for me. 

ClingFree

Quote from: foxx on May 08, 2006, 09:47:37 AM
I am still effing crying over it...omg.

You know I love you Clingie, right?  I didn't mean to openly mock Mr. Daughtry...but it was just too much for me. 

Ooh Sweetums!  I have thick skin. You can openly mock him all you want. I know you love Elliott. You know I love Chris. Its all good!!!

SaintHiρρo

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 08, 2006, 10:00:07 AM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 08, 2006, 09:55:52 AM
And more American Idol news:

Country Singer Carrie Underwood Graduates

<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060507/ap_en_mo/people_underwood">http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060507/ap_en_mo/people_underwood</a>

:o  you're still here?  :)) :))

ROFL, oh yeah I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Of course, my little "site" is no longer here but it's coming back. I've found a hosting place that allows my content. I even ran it by them to make sure it's not a violation of their TOS so I'm 100% in the clear. I've decided to add more things to it and just mention it across Pogo and share it with people. The fun is only beginning.  :))

foxx

For those of you who enjoy it...The full recap of last week's AI is up on TWoP...

http://televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=89&story=9269

Tara

'American Idol' Finalists Visit Graceland
By Associated Press
Sun May 7, 1:58 PM

American Idol contestant Taylor Hicks, 29, of Birmingham, AL, ...
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Calling Elvis Presley America's "first idol," Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley welcomed the finalists of "American Idol" to Graceland amid cameras and screaming fans.

The Presleys and the finalists were at the rock legend's home Saturday to shoot the TV show's next installment with an Elvis theme and a critique by music producer Tommy Mottola. The show will air Tuesday.

Priscilla Presley said the show's presence at Graceland was appropriate because her late ex-husband shared many of the "Idol" contestants' experiences.

"Elvis, too, had to audition," she said. "He was laughed at. He was basically booed off stage. He had to struggle with the fact that he came from very humble beginnings and didn't have opportunities to have others experience his talent."

Contestants Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks, Katharine McPhee and Elliott Yamin waved and took pictures of the yelling crowd as their sport utility vehicle inched through the mansion's gate.

Nearly four years after its debut, "Idol" continues to rule the ratings. It has attracted 25 million to 33 million viewers each telecast this season. The winner will be crowned May 25.

Priscilla Presley, who with her daughter had lunch with the contestants, said she's been a fan of the show for years.

"I think it's a great thing. I love the fact that these are people from all over the United States who probably would never have had the opportunity to be in this position," she said.

Tara

Quote from: foxx on May 08, 2006, 12:13:45 PM
For those of you who enjoy it...The full recap of last week's AI is up on TWoP...

Thanks Foxxy....Have I told you how much I  <3 you today?   :-*

foxx

Quote from: Tara on May 08, 2006, 12:16:35 PM

Not until just now!   <3  Ya too...

...who I don't love is Jacob, the TWoP writer who thinks Elliott is dirty and smells of cigarettes...bah.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: foxx on May 08, 2006, 12:56:53 PM

...who I don't love is Jacob, the TWoP writer who thinks Elliott is dirty and smells of cigarettes...bah.

I think Jacob was being nice!  :P

foxx

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 08, 2006, 12:58:50 PM
Quote from: foxx on May 08, 2006, 12:56:53 PM

I think Jacob was being nice!  :P

>:D  Hippo...
...I gave you a reprieve from the list earlier today...only because I like your brother so much...but guess what, punkin?
YOU ARE BACK ON IT!

foxx

I've got Song Spoilers!

Elliott: "Trouble" and "If I Can Dream"

Chris: "A Little Less Conversation" and "Suspicious Minds"

Taylor: "Jailhouse Rock" and "In the Ghetto"

Katherine: "Hound Dog/All Shook Up" and "Can't Help Falling in Love"

What's with the Kat having a 2 song Medley?  Effing PTB.  Those Elliott choices?  Priceless.  I feel an AI moment coming on....
Oh, and Taylor?  He must, must, must sing In the Ghetto in Cartman's voice.  He just must.  What crappy choices for him.  Oh, I forgot...He's crappy.

ClingFree

Quote from: foxx on May 08, 2006, 04:08:16 PM
I've got Song Spoilers!

I feel a hand Foxx the tissue night coming on!! 

Helen

Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: Tara on May 03, 2006, 06:36:22 PM
Well Elvis week next week !!

If they are going to sing his songs.....I can see Taylor doing "Jailhouse Rock"

Guess I figured this one out right away!!

LastCall

HI Helen
Those songs are perfect for Taylor PERFECT beacuse he moves like the king   :))
    But the rest we will see I love it  ;) If Taylor does not pull this off with these songs he will lose  ::)  I am not to proud to say that But I will say GO Taylor and Chris  :)

tigereyes

LastCall

foxx

Quote from: ClingFree on May 08, 2006, 04:25:40 PM
Quote from: foxx on May 08, 2006, 04:08:16 PM
I've got Song Spoilers!

I feel a hand Foxx the tissue night coming on!! 

Oh you know it sista!  Its his turn for the pimp spot too, so I will be good and hammered by the time he sings it...
*sigh*

tigereyes

Okay, so this is the poll so far according to TWoP.

Best left:
Kat - 33%

Chris - 27%

Elliott - 26%

Taylor - 15%

316 votes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview