PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 08:39:08 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

It works...lmao

I just sent myself a text.

Tara

When I got it it had my email addy and then my message I sent myself.  I hit my back button on the computer to fill the data in and it hit send and it worked.  So instead of a redial button you just hit your back button.  Hee hee..we can send free text messages.

I have Sprint and my daughter has Cingular and it worked on both phones.

foxx

T,
Let me do a little research on that...

Someone was talking about sending text messages from Cingular's site (which I know you can do), and I believe someone said the votes wouldn't be counted because they weren't received from a Cingular phone.  I know if you have Sprint, VerizonWireless, etc., you can send the word vote to 5703 all you want, it just wont be counted, so...I am skeptical....

I'll get back to you...

Tara

Foxxy your pictures gone in your avatar again.. And here ya go

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=104383&ran=123550

Ok I will wait and see what you find out.  O0

foxx

Quote from: Tara on May 13, 2006, 09:13:20 PM

Thanks Punkin for the link...

...why do my pictures keep disappearing?  I can still see it....

Tara

Quote from: foxx on May 13, 2006, 09:15:17 PM
Quote from: Tara on May 13, 2006, 09:13:20 PM

Thanks Punkin for the link...

...why do my pictures keep disappearing?  I can still see it....

Now you have one..But you just had the photobucket thing when you first got here.

Tara

Daughtry's "Idol" Exit Fuels Rumors
Fri May 12, 7:00 AM

American Idol finalist Chris Daughtry was "robbed," "wrongly kicked off," and invited back to the show because "[host Ryan] Seacrest didn't give out the right phone #'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The day after the day after Daughtry's elimination from the Fox singing competition the Internet continued to buzz with rumors, speculation and wild speculation that shadowy forces and/or ineptitude thwarted the bald rocker's widely assumed ascension to the May 24 season finale.

The chief conspiracy theory centered on Idol's oft-maligned phone lines. Some fans complained that their Tuesday night votes for Daughtry were misdirected to lone female standing Katharine McPhee, whose voice was said to have greeted them with thanks of support, MSNBC.com reported.

In what has become an annual tradition, Fox and Idol producers defended the show's voting process.

"AT&T and the independent voting company that oversee the voting have confirmed that there were no issues with the phone lines after Tuesday's show," the two groups said in a statement Friday.

And according to MSNBC.com, which checked the tapes, there were no issues with Ryan Seacrest's reading of the phone numbers Tuesday night. And thus was shot down another high-flying Daughtry rumor: That due to the host's on-air goof, Daughtry was being asked back, and that the show was planning a do-over. (He wasn't, and it isn't.)

Saying it doesn't comment on rumor, the network declined to respond to a story advanced by New York disc jockey Maria Milito who said on Thursday's Countdown with Keith Olbermann that she'd been told by "an anonymous source" that Daughtry had been "eliminated" by the Idol powers-that-be, and not by a show of the votes. Per Milito, the move was done to save face in light of a recent revelation by Daughtry on his MySpace page that said that his band, Absent Element, had a current record contract, an Idol no-no. One potential plot hole: According to Fox, Daughtry does not have a MySpace page.

A popular Daughtry petition at PetitionOnline.com, meanwhile, steered clear of Oliver Stone-isms, and classic argument-making techniques, in demanding a recount.

"Ask anyone who they thought was going to win American Idol this year, and 90 percent of them would say Chris Daughtry," the petition said. "We are shocked and saddened that this has happened. This is a HUGE mistake."

The petition didn't suggest how the mistake came to be. But it did suggest that if Fox rejects its call for a recount, "it will only PROVE that this show is rigged."

As of late Friday, the petition boasted 22,961 virtual signatures.

To be sure, not every voice on the Internet and elsewhere was screaming for justice or screaming about injustice. On the message boards of DialIdol.com, the busy-signal-measuring site which correctly predicted Daughtry's demise, the conversation was calm and coolly statistical. (Of course, weeks back, when DialIdol.com predicted Elliott Yamin would get the hook, and Kevin Covais got it instead, talk turned to Idol "adjust[ing]" its numbers.)

Even on the official Idol boards some cooler heads prevailed. As for the suggestion that a phone glitch delivered Daughtry votes to McPhee, one poster asked: "If you dialed the right number [for Daughtry] and heard Katherine's voice, why do you keep voting?"

Concluded the poster: "This is such a farce. It's ridiculous."

In the online gaming world, PinnacleSports.com, which had Daughtry down as the singing horse to beat, said it was surprised, but not totally shocked by the results--it called Daughtry's performance on Elvis night "lackluster," and noted that it "dropped his odds significantly" after Tuesday's show. (Taylor Hicks is its new favorite.)

For his part, Daughtry has allowed that he was, as his slack-jawed response suggested, surprised by his early exit. Beyond that, he has not joined any public call for recounts, revotes or Supreme Court challenges. He is due to hit the road with the Idol tour July 6, and presumably is weighing an offer from Fuel to become its new frontman.

With Idol down to its final three--Hicks, McPhee and Yamin--Fox reminded their constituents Friday that "you can't take your votes for granted on this show."

"We encourage fans to support their favorites," Fox said, "and vote for the person they want to see as the next American Idol."

And if all else fails, there's always message boards for venting

Tara

Foxxy?  Haven't seen or heard from you all day.  Any spoilers?  :-\

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on May 15, 2006, 07:53:11 PM
Foxxy?  Haven't seen or heard from you all day.  Any spoilers?  :-\

I'm not Foxx but from what I've read, the 3 Finalist will each sing 3 songs. One song each will be of the judges choosing and they've chosen the following: One of Elliott's songs will be "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell (selected by Paula), Taylor will sing "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker (selected by Randy) & Katherine will sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" selected by Simon.

I don't have access to information like other people do so take what you can get from me.   ;)

Tara

Simon was on Leno last night. He said he did pick Kats song for tonight, so I am sure your sources are right. They do this every year. Sing 3 songs and the judges each pick a song. He also said that he was shocked that Chris went home and they don't know ahead of time who is going, which after last week I do believe that now. They were all speechless.  He didn't predict who would win but said Elliott was one of the nicest contestants ever and that he (Simon) loved his mother..lol He said Elliott has the best voice American Idol has ever had.  He didn't say much about Taylor, except that Taylor looks like Leno.  He said he thought that since Kat messed up, that Chris's votes went to her for sympathy, because people thought Chris was safe.  He talked crap about Randy,Paula and Ryan and then Leno surprised Simon with Ryan standing around the corner.

Which brings me to this question.  I have been watching this show for years and this is the first year, everytime I see Ryan hes in a suit. Whats up with that?  I think he looks better in jeans and t-shirts. He looks all stuffy and AI isn't a stuffy show.

ClingFree

ClingFree

Quote from: Tara on May 16, 2006, 05:28:34 AM
Quote from: ClingFree on May 16, 2006, 05:22:34 AM
Chris is on the TOday show!

Are you drooling?

Yes ma'am I was. It was way too quick of an interview for my tastes tho .... said he's considering offers, but needs some time to make the best decision for him and his family.

Tara

Quote from: ClingFree on May 16, 2006, 05:31:03 AM

Are you drooling?

Yes ma'am I was. It was way too quick of an interview for my tastes tho .... said he's considering offers, but needs some time to make the best decision for him and his family.

I saw him on TRL on MTV yesterday.  Since this is American Idol, Kelly Clarksons new song has been #1 for 15 weeks  :D

ClingFree

Quote from: Tara on May 16, 2006, 05:42:49 AM
Quote from: ClingFree on May 16, 2006, 05:31:03 AM

Are you drooling?

I saw him on TRL on MTV yesterday.  Since this is American Idol, Kelly Clarksons new song has been #1 for 15 weeks  :D

I really like Kelly. I didnt watch AI back then, and boycotted last season after the Ruben/Clay thing

foxx

Quote from: Tara on May 16, 2006, 04:15:12 AM
Simon was on Leno last night. He said he did pick Kats song for tonight, so I am sure your sources are right. They do this every year. Sing 3 songs and the judges each pick a song. He also said that he was shocked that Chris went home and they don't know ahead of time who is going, which after last week I do believe that now. They were all speechless.  He didn't predict who would win but said Elliott was one of the nicest contestants ever and that he (Simon) loved his mother..lol He said Elliott has the best voice American Idol has ever had.  He didn't say much about Taylor, except that Taylor looks like Leno.  He said he thought that since Kat messed up, that Chris's votes went to her for sympathy, because people thought Chris was safe.  He talked crap about Randy,Paula and Ryan and then Leno surprised Simon with Ryan standing around the corner.

Which brings me to this question.  I have been watching this show for years and this is the first year, everytime I see Ryan hes in a suit. Whats up with that?  I think he looks better in jeans and t-shirts. He looks all stuffy and AI isn't a stuffy show.

Unfortunately, Simon's kind words about Elliott were lost on the Yaminions.  Here's why: He said that Taylor was probably the front-runner now and that Kat would make the final two.  Guess who that leaves out?  lol...I think its fantastic that he said that though because now those who love Elliott will vote like crazy people tonight!

In other AI news: Hippo's spoilers are correct...those ones were linked to the media...
Rumor has it that Elliott's personal song choice is "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" by Ray Charles...
And Clive Davis's song choices for the three are: "Open Arms", Journey for Elliott..."I believe I Can Fly", R Kelly for Kat..."Dancing in the Dark", Bruce Springsteen for Tickles.

Love all of Elliott's song choices.  Yes, I even love the cheese that is "Open Arms". 

VOTE LIKE YAMIN IT! 

Tara

The free text message thing won't work.  When you text message your only putting in 4 numbers from your phone. When you use the free online service your typing the 1 866 number ..Make sense? 

At least thats what I have read about using the free text numbers.

Simon  talked more about Elliott than the other two.  What he said about Taylor was, hes the front runner for now, which means things can change.  O0

Blu

Quote from: Tara on May 16, 2006, 06:49:14 AM
The free text message thing won't work.  When you text message your only putting in 4 numbers from your phone. When you use the free online service your typing the 1 866 number ..Make sense? 

Simon  talked more about Elliott than the other two.  What he said about Taylor was, hes the front runner for now, which means things can change.  O0
I just switched to cingular, i'll be texting!

foxx

Quote from: BluRaven on May 16, 2006, 06:52:54 AM
Quote from: Tara on May 16, 2006, 06:49:14 AM

I just switched to cingular, i'll be texting!

:-*  love you blu....

Tara

Chris is on Ellen's singing...    " Dead or Alive"

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview