PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 02:42:21 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Quote from: Tara on June 02, 2006, 02:02:44 PM

Thank you sweetie, but I didn't think it was the wackiest at all !!  I thought it was the best, gawd why did they have to put that geek in with Clay.  >:D

I don't think it was the wackiest either...that's a pretty liberal use of that word...

...and ew...did you check out the fake-clay's teeth?  They're like half-eaten Tic-Tacs.  Ew.

Tara

Quote from: foxx on June 02, 2006, 02:07:16 PM
Quote from: Tara on June 02, 2006, 02:02:44 PM

Thank you sweetie, but I didn't think it was the wackiest at all !!  I thought it was the best, gawd why did they have to put that geek in with Clay.  >:D

I don't think it was the wackiest either...that's a pretty liberal use of that word...

...and ew...did you check out the fake-clay's teeth?  They're like half-eaten Tic-Tacs.  Ew.

For a minute I thought you were talking about Clay...Your talking about the geek...Yeah I even noticed that everytime I rewatch it.  I've probably watched that part 100 times already  :P

Tara

Former 'Idol' Contestant Nixes Fuel Gig
By Associated Press
Sat Jun 3, 6:25 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Former "American Idol" contestant Chris Daughtry said Saturday he has turned down an offer to be lead singer for the band Fuel.
Daughtry, in Greensboro for a day of welcome-home appearances, said he expects to announce his next career move in few months, probably after he finishes with an "American Idol" summer concert tour.

"I'm going to be doing my own thing," Daughtry told The Charlotte Observer.

The band offered Daughtry a job hours after viewers voted him off the Fox television talent show last month. Bass player Jeff Abercrombie and guitarist Carl Bell made their pitch on the TV show "Extra."

He would have replaced Brett Scallions, who quit the multi-platinum rock band in February.

Libra

Quote from: Tara on June 04, 2006, 07:38:22 AM
By Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Former "American Idol" contestant Chris Daughtry said Saturday he has turned down an offer to be lead singer for the band Fuel.
Daughtry, in Greensboro for a day of welcome-home appearances, said he expects to announce his next career move in few months, probably after he finishes with an "American Idol" summer concert tour.

The band offered Daughtry a job hours after viewers voted him off the Fox television talent show last month. Bass player Jeff Abercrombie and guitarist Carl Bell made their pitch on the TV show "Extra."

He would have replaced Brett Scallions, who quit the multi-platinum rock band in February.

Wow. I hope he doesn't live to regret that move.

foxx

By Associated Press

Dumbass.  See ya Chris Daughtry.  It was nice knowing you for 15 minutes.

crazy_

Quote from: SunnyLibra on June 04, 2006, 07:43:06 AM
By Associated Press

He probably already does!

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: crazy_ on June 04, 2006, 09:13:21 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on June 04, 2006, 07:43:06 AM
By Associated Press

He probably already does!

I'm going to say WTG Chris. What exactly has Fuel done lately? The only reason they're even in the news is because Chris did their version of a song. That brought them up onto some of our radars and they would pretty much be riding his coattails. I look at this as a very bright move on Chris' part and I hope he does have a triumphant single career...

...can't be in the AI thread without saying "I LOVE YOU PICKLES!!!!!!!!"

tigereyes

By Associated Press

He's gonna be sorry that he did that. I thought he would have taken the offer, but I guess not.

Libra

tigereyes

foxx

lmao...

...and, as if we needed another reason to hate Taylor...

"Taylor Hicks performs for Walmart Shareholders Today

Taylor performed in a live Webcast for Walmart shareholders this morning. 

According to Chris Abraham who works with Walmart's public relations firm Edelman, "Lee Scott, President and CEO of Wal-Mart, said that after Taylor Hicks' performance, he met with the merchandising people and they doubled the order of his CD."  Very cool if that's true, and not just PR spin..."

Ew.

Libra

Quote from: foxx on June 06, 2006, 01:52:34 PM
lmao...

...and, as if we needed another reason to hate Taylor...

"Taylor Hicks performs for Walmart Shareholders Today

Taylor performed in a live Webcast for Walmart shareholders this morning. 

According to Chris Abraham who works with Walmart's public relations firm Edelman, "Lee Scott, President and CEO of Wal-Mart, said that after Taylor Hicks' performance, he met with the merchandising people and they doubled the order of his CD."  Very cool if that's true, and not just PR spin..."

Ew.

Ok, quadruple ew.

SaintHiρρo

ROFL, Brokenote Cowboys...

...sorry but I'm about a few weeks late. I just saw the Season 5 Finale of AI on TiVo. Puck and Pickler... that was funny.

Tara

We all know that Taylor signed with RCA  ( Clive Davis )

Today Kat and Chris both signed with RCA also.

tigereyes

Kat has a new boyfriend.

Yes, Katharine McPhee has a boyfriend. And yes, he's 41 years old. Is anyone else not completely disturbed by this? Katharine made the rounds on Access Hollywood/Extra/The Insider/Entertainment Tonight on Thursday and finally admitted to having a boyfriend. He's been sitting with the family a couple times and she gave him a hug on her hometown visit when everyone was hanging out in her driveway. Whoa. This bothers me. For as involved as those parents are with her career, I'm shocked they don't see anything wrong with her boyfriend that could be her dad. And not because I'm biased and, well, I'd like to take Katharine McPhee to Chili's one time, but because this apparently is ok with crying dad.. By the way, how does a 41 year old even meet someone who's 22, let alone date her? Granted, this guy is probably some agent, or acting/theater coach (which makes it even more creepy), but still it's quite disturbing. I honestly don't think Katharine went dancing with her friends one night, saw this dork at the bar and all the sudden they were dating. Something's missing here. I don't care who you are, no 22 year old is with a 41 year old because she's in love. Please. Pretty funny how it was kept quiet throughout the whole show that she had a boyfriend. Not by coincidence either. They knew the minute it got out she was dating a 41 year old, she immediately loses fans and votes.

Tara

Is this your opinion or are you quoting it from something?

tigereyes

Quoting it from something. But I do say ew to that.

tigereyes

Tara

Well you don't like her so your going to say ew.  :))

To me age doesn't matter but thats my opinion, and she is 22 and an adult.

tigereyes

Yes, that's true age is just a number. I'm almost 23 but I wouldn't be dating a 41 year old. My fiance is 30. I don't mind that big of an age difference, but not 19 years. That's just me though.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview