PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 04:48:21 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

IndianLover

Simon can be rough, but that is part of the show.  And believe or not to me sometimes he is quite amusing lmao.  I love watching the show. 

Tara

I love American Idol, bet no one knew that.  :pp

It wouldn't be the same if Simon wasn't on there. Hell, it wouldn't be the same if they changed any of the judges actually. I use to like Paula, but I don't anymore. I just like watching her make a fool out of herself.

foxx

Elliott is free from 19Evil in
One day, 12 hours and 54 minutes!

Yay!  I can't wait to hear about his contract!

Libra

Quote from: foxx on August 23, 2006, 08:05:26 AM

What's 19Evil?

foxx

Quote from: Libra on August 23, 2006, 08:08:06 AM
Quote from: foxx on August 23, 2006, 08:05:26 AM

What's 19Evil?

19E is the production company that owns the Idols' souls if they sign with them.  They only own Elliott's contract for a few more hours (til the tour is over).

Tara

Someone's trying to scam ya'lls American Idol  :o

'Idol' Winner Hicks Sues Ex-Producer
Aug 24, 6:28 PM EST

The Associated Press

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- A federal judge has temporarily barred a producer from selling songs recorded by "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks when he was still just a gray-haired bar crooner from Alabama.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Emerson Hopkins issued the ruling Tuesday in a lawsuit filed by Hicks against William Smith of Nashville, Tenn., after two songs written and sung by Hicks showed up for sale on the iTunes Web site.

Smith, in an interview Thursday with The Associated Press, said the songs were no longer for sale. The judge scheduled a hearing for Aug. 30 on whether to make her order permanent.

Hicks claimed Smith and his companies, William Smith Productions and Baldwin Entertainment, wrongly tried to make money selling three songs that Hicks wrote and recorded with Smith — "The Fall," "Son of a Carpenter," and "In Your Time."

Smith doesn't have rights to the music, Hicks claimed.

Smith said he has signed contracts with Hicks, however. Smith also said he released the songs mainly to help fend off critics' bad reviews of Hicks' single, "Do I Make You Proud," released after he won "Idol" in May.

"It aggravated me because I knew what a gifted performer and writer he is," Smith said in the AP interview. "I love Taylor Hicks, and for three months I was refuting the bad press he was getting."

Hicks' suit says the songs were recorded in 1997, but Smith said Hicks recorded them in June 2001. Smith said he's not sure how many copies of the songs were sold, but Hicks will get any royalties he is due.

A sworn statement by Hicks' attorney, Michael J. Douglas, said the recordings were poor-quality demos. Distributing them could damage Hicks' reputation in the music industry and cause him "immense irreparable financial harm," the statement said.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=231587>1=7702

TmT

wow....More News and Gossip...         uh uh uh

Monkey

Former "Idol" Robbed at Gunpoint
Posted Aug 24th 2006 12:42PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: American Idol

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Former "American Idol" contestant Mikalah Gordon was "in a panic" but was not physically harmed after being robbed at gunpoint in Las Vegas, her mother said Thursday. Gordon, 18, was roughed up by robbers who accosted her and a male friend about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday on a sidewalk in a neighborhood about seven miles northwest of the Las Vegas Strip, said her mother, Victoria Cavaricci. "She's not physically harmed, but she's in a panic," Cavaricci told The Associated Press in a brief telephone interview from her Las Vegas home. Cavaricci said the robbers got away with a cell phone and $5.

Las Vegas police confirmed the robbery occurred and they were investigating. Gordon reached the finals of the 2005 "American Idol" competition. She graduated from a Las Vegas high school and now lives in Los Angeles, where she is pursuing an entertainment career.

Cavaricci said her daughter was "scarred and scared" and unable to talk with a reporter early Thursday. She said she had not canceled a scheduled appearance to sing this weekend at a benefit for children with cancer in Orange County, Calif.

Tara

She's the girl who talks and acts just like Fran Drescher on " The Nanny".  She got voted off quick! 

Homer

Quote from: Tara on August 25, 2006, 09:14:17 PM
She's the girl who talks and acts just like Fran Drescher on " The Nanny".  She got voted off quick! 

It's funny you mention Fran Drescher. I was watching an old Dan Akroyd movie last night and she was in it. The movie was Doctor Detroit. Good Stuff.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

TmT

Tara, 3100 more posts and u will be equal to your soon to be husband..... Oh, u never showed me the ring he gave u......

Now to make this post fit in to this thread.......

Uh... u would make a lovely American Idol... I heard u sing b4.... <lyin... just tryin to make my post fit in here>

Tara

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on August 25, 2006, 09:35:36 PM
Tara, 3100 more posts and u will be equal to your soon to be husband..... Oh, u never showed me the ring he gave u......

Uh... u would make a lovely American Idol... I heard u sing b4.... <lyin... just tryin to make my post fit in here>

He gave me a mood ring, remember them?

He said he's going to call everyday to see what color it is before he comes home.  :))

I'm going to wear it proud as I sing my way to being ya'lls next American Idol.

Homer

Quote from: Tara on August 26, 2006, 05:07:29 AM

He said he's going to call everyday to see what color it is before he comes home.  :))

Mine is blue. It says....comfortable, b.reezy, at rest and loveable. :/\

Tara

Quote from: Homer on August 26, 2006, 05:59:35 AM

You better get your money back..it's lying.  :))

Homer

Quote from: Tara on August 26, 2006, 06:02:47 AM
Quote from: Homer on August 26, 2006, 05:59:35 AM

You better get your money back..it's lying.  :))

>:((

gator8_24

:))  I do enjoy catching up on the posts before I entered his hallowed hall.

Tara

3 months, 3 weeks and yes people 14 days.   :///

Tara

'Idol' Singer Clay Aiken May Serve Bush
By Associated Press
4 hours ago

RALEIGH, N.C. - Clay Aiken is in line to be named to the President's Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities, the White House said Wednesday.

Aiken, a Raleigh native who gained fame as a runner-up on "American Idol," once worked as a YMCA counselor.

The committee's Web site said it advises the president on issues pertaining to people with intellectual disabilities. The committee was established in 1961 by President John Kennedy as the President's Panel on Mental Retardation.

A White House press release said President Bush intends to make the appointment. Officials did not say when.

The singer's new album, "A Thousand Different Ways," is due out later this month.

http://www.comcast.net/music/index.jsp?cat=MUSIC&fn=/2006/09/07/471376.html&cvqh=itn_aiken

gator8_24

for Tara to help fill the void til the new season

Tara

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview