PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 05:07:48 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

xx_mandy_xx

IndianLover

Tara!!!! your watching it right... oh yeah if your on the east coast lmao, i mean what they are having on reality tv.

Tara

IndianLover

On my real TV it is the repeat of season 5 from 8 pm to 10 pm est time, i was just busting on you... i know how much you love it figured even though it was a repeat of last year that you would be watching it.. sry  :-\

Tara

Oh my!!  Is it that new show?  I think I posted about it.

I just saw Paula and she's at Supernova and it's Live...so I was wondering how they were having American Idol... They are doing auditions now.  :D

Monkey

Former American Idol Finalist Arrested   9/15/06

American Idol season two finalist Corey Clark has been arrested in Arizona for violating a court order and trespassing at his father-in-law's residence.

Clark was disqualified as a finalist in the second season of the reality TV talent competition after it was revealed he had been arrested in 2002 for assaulting his teenage sister and resisting arrest.

The 26-year-old also caused a stir when he claimed he and Idol judge Paula Abdul had an affair during the taping of the show and that she coached him on how to succeed in the competition.

According to Captain Eben Bratcher of the Yuma, Arizona police department, "Mr Clark was charged with two misdemeanors, one for criminal trespassing and another for violating a court order."

"Mr Clark missed his court hearing and a warrant for his arrest could be coming."

Clark was arrested on 23 July (06) where he spent 24 hours in jail before being released on bond.

The court order that Clark violated was issued as a result of a previous domestic violence incident.

Justice of the Peace Pro-Tem Yolanda Torok said prosecutors had filed charges of interfering with a judicial proceeding.

Torok said during the brief hearing, "This will be sent back to the county attorney's office for a warrant to be issued for his appearance."

Tara

Tara

Clay's 3rd CD came out today... It's called .. "A Thousand Different Ways"

I think he's trying to tell me he loves me in a 1000 different ways.  VV :pp

TmT

Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on September 08, 2006, 08:34:28 PM
Quote from: gator8 on September 07, 2006, 05:54:55 PM
for Tara to help fill the void til the new season

:)) :)) soooooo typical!!!!
oh wow...that animation cartoon is too funny... lmao... I like it...

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

I  <3 him and I don't care if he's gay...but I know if he would of met me and I was 20 years younger, he would of proven he isn't..  :))

Everyone leaf my Clay alone.  (O+O)

Homer

Quote from: Tara on September 22, 2006, 09:48:57 AM
I  <3 him and I don't care if he's gay...but I know if he would of met me and I was 20 years younger, he would of proven he isn't..  :))

That would really be cradle robbing then. :)))

Tara

Quote from: Homer on September 22, 2006, 09:57:31 AM

No it wouldn't.  I would be younger than him.

Homer

Quote from: Tara on September 22, 2006, 10:00:36 AM

So would he. :)))

Tara

Quote from: Homer on September 22, 2006, 10:05:16 AM

Arguing with you is like arguing with a I don't know what.  !@#$

Homer

Quote from: Tara on September 22, 2006, 10:54:26 AM
Quote from: Homer on September 22, 2006, 10:05:16 AM

Arguing with you is like arguing with a I don't know what.  !@#$

>:(( :)))

Tara

The American Idol winner's dad, Joseph Barrino, sued publisher Simon & Schuster for $10 million Tuesday, alleging that the 2005 memoir Fantasia: Life Is Not a Fairytale contains "false, exaggerated, sensational, intentional and malicious untruths."

E! Online Joe Barrino, a truck driver and a musician himself, is claiming that, although his daughter is listed as the book's author, it was the singer's grandmother, pastor Addie Collins, who actually penned the story. The details that granny supposedly fudged include a description of Joe Barrino as being hostile to the music industry, a part where he asks his daughter for money, and the suggestion that his children's music careers were more important to him than their education. (Fantasia has three brothers and their parents, Joe and Diane, are still married.)

In Life Is Not a Fairytale, which was recently made into a Lifetime biopic starring the author-on-record herself, Barrino provides a first-person account of her life, from her poverty-stricken upbringing in North Carolina to becoming a single mother at 17 to winning the Idol crown in 2004. She discusses being raped as a teenager by a high school classmate and also discloses that she was functionally illiterate, memorizing the songs that she was scheduled to perform by ear, rather than by reading the lyrics, and improvising her way through some of Idol's scripted portions.

"The unfortunate publication of Fantasia's life story by Simon & Schuster seeks to capitalize on her American Idol success through disparaging certain members of her family," Joe Barrino's attorney, Kendall Minter, said in a statement. "The lawsuit seeks to redress these wrongs and restore the integrity of the family members."

Just how certain episodes of Barrino's life really played out has already been an issue. Fox objected to a scene in Lifetime's small-screen adaptation of her bio in which an Idol producer oh-so-gently informs Barrino of the chatter swirling about her being a high school dropout and unwed mother. The fictional producer then sensitively informs the then-19-year-old that no one would blame her for dropping out of the competition.

Fox declared the scene to be a "complete fabrication." Besides, in addition to being sleazy, it also would have been shoddy business. Barrino's debut album, Free Yourself, was nominated for four Grammys and her first single, "I Believe," spent 11 weeks atop the Billboard 100.

News of the lawsuit comes as Life Is Not a Fairytale's ghostwriter, Kim Green, spoke out to Radar Online saying she would like some recognition for her contribution to the book, which sold nearly 50,000 copies and made the New York Times bestseller list.

"I want people to know that I wrote that book," says Green, who was reportedly paid on $45,000 for her efforts.

Green tells Radar Online that she decided to come forward and publicly demand acknowledgment after not being asked to consult on the Lifetime biopic and the indignity of having to actually buy a ticket to a recent Fantasia concert in Atlanta.

But with Joe Barrino's lawsuit pending, Green's timing might be a little off.

As for Fantasia, the 22-year-old songbird is set to relief her sophomore effort, tentatively titled Young Girl, Old Soul, and featuring a duet with über-diva Aretha Franklin, Nov. 28.

Monkey

Idol's Elliott Yamin Has Surgery

Monday Oct 02, 2006 8:00am EST
By Arnesa Howell
Elliott Yamin

This season's American Idol third runner-up Elliott Yamin is recovering from an hour's worth of surgery last week after breaking his pinky finger on his left hand in a freak accident, PEOPLE has learned.

Yamin, 28, was picking up rocks and throwing them at a sign after visiting a nightspot in his hometown of Richmond, Va. when "his finger got caught on a rod holding down a rock," says someone close to the situation.

"My finger snapped back and broke. I had to get a plate and two screws and I'm wearing a cast," Yamin tells PEOPLE. "I'm doing okay. It's not hampering me."

The pinky will be on the mend for the next five to six weeks. Given the fact that he's right-handed, this should not get in the way of giving autographs.

"Everything is scheduled as planned. I'm good," says Yamin, who on Monday is due in Birmingham, Ala., to perform with the Little Memphis Blues Orchestra.

Monkey

Former Idol Finalist Helton Says He's Gay

Friday Oct 20, 2006 12:00pm EST
By Stephen M. Silverman

Former American Idol contestant R.J. Helton, 25, announced that he is gay while on SIRIUS Satellite Radio host Larry Flick's show "OutQ in the Morning" on Wednesday.

During the on-air interview, Flick asked Helton – who'd been in the top five on the first season of the hit FOX show – why he was no longer performing inspirational music.

Replied the singer, whose full name is Richard Jason Helton: "I can have a faith but can't be who I want to be. So a lot of it was just personal things I needed to overcome and just be proud of who I was. ... Just because I am gay does not mean I can't love God." (Helton's 2004 Christian music album Real Life sold more than 20,000 copies.)

"Well there you go," said Flick. "Congratulations. "This is something that I wasn't sure you were going to talk about on the air today, so what made you decide to come out?"

Said Helton: "Today, this morning, three seconds ago ... I've never even said that. It feels good."

Expanding on that, Helton said, "It does feel great. It feels good. I'm just really comfortable with who I am now. I'm very proud of who I am."

Helton's announcement made news on the same day that Grey's Anatomy star T.R. Knight, 33, told PEOPLE exclusively, "I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there. While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me."

Tara

I don't know how I missed your post about Elliott. Why was he throwing rocks at signs at his age?  :))

RJ -  Another one coming out of the closet.  :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview