PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 05:07:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

TmT

My daughter turned tv to american idol... im like... what a waste of time.... listenin at all those horrible contestants.... man.. they had big basketballs

PB On The Run

They saved the best trainwreck for last....Red and his rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.   :o :ooo  WTH are these peeps thinking???  ::)

zeboo

I was very disapointed seems they just focused on the nut cases I had a girlfriend that went to this audition in Seattle and she is an awesome singer and they never even showed her at all and she never did make the cut anyway ...point being there are great singers out there why not let us here them instead of all the jokers they let us see I would much rather hear good singers that dont make the cut then the clown trying to sing queen

IndianLover

Quote from: zeboo on January 18, 2007, 10:27:30 AM
I was very disapointed seems they just focused on the nut cases I had a girlfriend that went to this audition in Seattle and she is an awesome singer and they never even showed her at all and she never did make the cut anyway ...point being there are great singers out there why not let us here them instead of all the jokers they let us see I would much rather hear good singers that dont make the cut then the clown trying to sing queen

Yes it did seem like they focused on just the nut cases, lol. On either night we really didn't see the many that made it.

PunkInDrublic

I wish they'd show more of the ones selected to move on. The sixteen year old girl that made it (I think she said her dad was a pro football player)? I can't wait to see how she does - she sounded great!

PB On The Run

Quote from: PunkInDrublic on January 18, 2007, 09:03:05 PM
I wish they'd show more of the ones selected to move on. The sixteen year old girl that made it (I think she said her dad was a pro football player)? I can't wait to see how she does - she sounded great!

For sure!!!  That girl  is awesome.  Her name is Jordan, and I think she will do quite well.   O0

Stinkerbell

I never watch this show but my friend emailed me a link to her friend auditioning.... Rudy was his name I think - he was the last one in Seattle.  I thought he was okay, Paula and the other guy did too, but not Simon... oh well.  From what I hear very few people impress Simon.

Gwenna

I love this show.  It seems like I've been wiating forever for it to come on. I rarely agree on the winner though.  I'm glad because it seems like the losers do better (with the exception of Kelly Clarkston) than the winners.  Like Taylor Hicks from last year.  Its like Taylor WHO?  And then Jennifer Hudson is kicking some serious butt with her roll in Dreamgirls.  I always liked her, too.

Torn2pieces

I've watched every AI and I'm finding this one stinking. They are showing too many horrible singers. I want to see some good ones as well. I'm very disappointed so far.

PunkInDrublic

Quote from: Torn2pieces on January 24, 2007, 02:56:32 PM
I've watched every AI and I'm finding this one stinking. They are showing too many horrible singers. I want to see some good ones as well. I'm very disappointed so far.

I couldn't agree more. I've decided not to watch again til they get to hollywood.

triniqueen27

Tara

My favorite show of all !!!! 

I wish it was on 7 days a week!

Monkey

Quote from: Torn2pieces on January 24, 2007, 02:56:32 PM

The auditions are like this every year though. Some of the cities aren't even getting 25 people through to Hollywood after the thousands that auditioned, so it's not really surprising that 4/5 of the people they're showing are terrible.  It'll get better  O0

For the most part, I do agree with what you're saying.

Tara

I like the audition part...gives me some good laughs.

You're right Monkey the most they have taken at one time was 21 from LA on Wednesday. 

Gwenna

Thousands do NOT audition.  Thousands of people show up to audition, but only about 500-800 actually get to do so. Do you know how long it would take to auditions thousands of people? Do you think Paula, Randy and Simon are going to sit through thousands of auditions? 

Tara

Quote from: Gwenna on February 02, 2007, 09:40:00 AM
Thousands do NOT audition.  Thousands of people show up to audition, but only about 500-800 actually get to do so. Do you know how long it would take to auditions thousands of people? Do you think Paula, Randy and Simon are going to sit through thousands of auditions? 

Hee!  We're not that dumb...We were saying that thousands come to audition. We know they don't all actually audition.

Gwenna

Tara

I'm watching American Idol Rewind on Fox right now and it's from the 1st season...OMG it looks so lame...They sure have come along way with everything in the show.

Torn2pieces

Tara - I caught AI rewind last week. I think it was on late where I am and it was lame. I also thought that Simon was way too nice on it. LOL

Tara

They just had a group of 10 people and they picked the 1st three to go to the Top 10.  It was Tamrya, Ryan, and Jim. Simon did get a little rude with a few and boy did they take it hard.  I never watched Season 1. I started on Season 2. The whole set up on stage was so cheesy and Randy was so BIG and Paula was normal.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview