PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 11:49:30 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: foxx on March 24, 2006, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: Homer on March 24, 2006, 03:39:03 PM
While foxx is away I should put your siggy in her profile.  :P :)) j/k

You guys have been bad while I was offline!  Homer, I am so glad you did not put that thing in my signature...I would have sought revenge...somehow, somewhere!  ...and you really are a dirty little minx... ;)

Ew. Hippo.  You have to at least watch the show next week so you can see what a train wreck she is...you'll be ashamed of your siggy then!  I promise you, you will be ashamed!

Ok, I promise to watch the shows this upcoming week but only until she's done singing... (here's hoping she's the 1st one each day!!!!)

LastCall

Kevin was on a late night show 
  last night It was weird they did not ask him to sing  :))
         But I guess he will be on Leno He has a fan club now
               hey good luck to him he is only 16 years old
                     GQQD luck Kevin :)

Tara

Idol fans are being mean to Chris  :( :(

'Idol' Fans Say Daughtry Copied Song
The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- "American Idol" chat rooms were buzzing Friday over a controversy surrounding Chris Daughtry's version of "I Walk the Line."

Judges praised Daughtry for making the song his own when he performed the Johnny Cash tune on the Fox network show.

But some fans say the version wasn't Daughtry's, but ripped off from one done by the band Live in 2001.

One fan posted a message saying, "I just want to punch him in his bald head." Another reads: "This guy is a rip-off. Judges are plain dumb." And a third message says, "Live singer Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style" back.

ClingFree

Eeek nobody can be mean to Chris!!!  He's my future ex husband dammit!   :))

foxx

Quote from: ClingFree on March 25, 2006, 07:49:24 AM
Eeek nobody can be mean to Chris!!!  He's my future ex husband dammit!   :))

lol...I have to go try to find a clip of Live performing that song...come to think of it, he kinda reminds me of the lead singer...

Helen

Quote from: LastCall on March 25, 2006, 06:31:02 AM
Kevin was on a late night show 
  last night It was weird they did not ask him to sing  :))
         But I guess he will be on Leno He has a fan club now
               hey good luck to him he is only 16 years old
                     GQQD luck Kevin :)

He was on Jimmy Kimmel last night!!

Helen

Quote from: Tara on March 25, 2006, 07:46:50 AM

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- "American Idol" chat rooms were buzzing Friday over a controversy surrounding Chris Daughtry's version of "I Walk the Line."

Judges praised Daughtry for making the song his own when he performed the Johnny Cash tune on the Fox network show.

But some fans say the version wasn't Daughtry's, but ripped off from one done by the band Live in 2001.

One fan posted a message saying, "I just want to punch him in his bald head." Another reads: "This guy is a rip-off. Judges are plain dumb." And a third message says, "Live singer Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style" back.

Being mean to Chris is un-American!!

Torn2pieces

Chris is the best singer by Far. Of course, that is my opinion!!!!

Helen

Quote from: SpaceCowGirl on March 25, 2006, 08:49:39 AM
Chris is the best singer by Far. Of course, that is my opinion!!!!

I totally agree with you !!!!

foxx

Quote from: Tara on March 25, 2006, 07:46:50 AM

The Associated Press

uh oh.  I found this link to a 30 second Clip of Live's version...and the haters are right... :o 

http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/62000.html  Listen to track 19. 

Helen

Bottom line is.....the judges praised him for making it "his own". Chris never said he "made it his own". So, Live, get over it and shut the heck up!!! LOL

Helen

uh oh.  I found this link to a 30 second Clip of Live's version...and the haters are right... :o 

http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/62000.html  Listen to track 19. 

I just listened to it and yes, it's the same but sounded much better when Chris did it.

foxx

I don't disagree...I used to like Live back in the 90's, but Chris is a way better singer...

...and I don't think it was the band who had an issue with it, I think it was Live's Fans...If anything, it made a people aware that Live had a best of album out...

mailwench

Quote from: foxx on March 25, 2006, 09:35:53 AM
I don't disagree...I used to like Live back in the 90's, but Chris is a way better singer...

...and I don't think it was the band who had an issue with it, I think it was Live's Fans...If anything, it made a people aware that Live had a best of album out...

OK I'm lost here....who is "LIVE" and what genre of music are they in?

Helen

Ahhhh, then the fans need to get over it, lol.

foxx

Quote from: mailwench on March 25, 2006, 09:43:11 AM

OK I'm lost here....who is "LIVE" and what genre of music are they in?

They are a pseudo rock/alternative band...They were big in the mid 90's...Um..."Lightning Crashes" is still played incessantly on the radio here..."I alone" is another one...Lead singer has a shaved head...They are from Eastern Pennsylvania...ummm...I think that's all my Live facts...

Tara

I was feeling kinda quilty about bashing Pickles...yanno what? Its not her fault shes a product of inbreeding  ee2.1.gif

Helen

Quote from: Tara on March 25, 2006, 07:57:41 PM
I was feeling kinda quilty about bashing Pickles...yanno what? Its not her fault shes a product of inbreeding  ee2.1.gif

Tara, that was really mean.

Tara

Quote from: Helen on March 26, 2006, 01:06:38 AM
Quote from: Tara on March 25, 2006, 07:57:41 PM

Tara, that was really mean.

Aweee come on ...Im sure you have said something mean in your life just  joking around...sheesh

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview