PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 09:18:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

pink

8)now that my donut eating savior fixed my pic, i say bottom 3 is..bucky...pickles lol, and the one who sang kelly clarkson song. 
~~and on an off comment...more egg icons !!! ee4.gif ee2.gif r1.gif

RC

Quote from: Helen on March 28, 2006, 06:01:58 PM
All Mandisa did tonight was scream. Kinda reminded me of some of Fantasia's songs. BAD!!

I agree with you there, Helen. When she was singing the other parts, it was pretty good, but there was just way too much screaming involved. I missed Lisa's performance at the beginning, so all I saw of that was about 5 seconds on the recap at the end, can't really judge from that, so I'll let that go. Kellie and Bucky with their country songs- Kellie was ok, nothing you can really say was off, but it didn't really show a lot either.. Bucky- FINALLY someone (Simon, and a bit from Paula) has said what I've been thinking- you can barely make out the words to his songs when he sings.. he does that country drawl so bad that it all blends together as one big murmur. I thought Ace did a pretty good job, but Taylor was just average (for him anyway). Chris did his thing again, and I thought it was good.. Still lovin Kat, thought she was great again. And Paris.. I would actually say she did a good job tonight, except for one thing- she tried too much to act like Beyonce when doing her song.. the point that they try to make to you, is to make a song your own, not copy what the original singer did (including dance steps).. the whole booty shake thing was too much, she should've just done it her own way. Elliott was pretty good, but all in all, there wasn't a lot to write home about from tonight's show.

One bad part about them condensing this and cramming it all into an hour show now instead of 2, is that they have to cut the songs down to squeeze everyone in.. so you're only hearing like a minute of them singing, instead of before where it was almost an entire song. It's hard for us to hear something really good in that short snippet, and hard for the performers I would imagine to really try and get into it when it's gonna be over real quick. Best compromise would be to make it an hour and a half show.. but that would probably screw up there lineup for the night, and they can't have that. 

I can only hope that it's Bucky that gets sent packin. He should be the one, in a perfect world. I really don't think Lisa should go before him.. I can see where there are more people better than Lisa, and she will not win this and have to go eventually, but not yet.

Helen

RC, I so agree with you too. An hour show just isn't long enough and yes, Bucky should be the next to go. Lisa at this point isn't good enough to win but still should have another week. Maybe she can pull something together. If you remember, Diana came from way behind and gave Fantasia a run for her money. (I think Diana should have won)

Tara

I am all for American Idol being on for 2 hours also....I also agree Bucky should go before Lisa

Torn2pieces

I thought it was very boring last nite.....

ClingFree

I woulda been bored, but Tara and Lib kept me company!

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 28, 2006, 05:22:08 PM

Homer?  Would you PAHLEASE, for the love of Pickles, give Tara some sausage? 

And where's my girl?  Foxxi roxxi?  Woo hoo!!??  Where's your running sarcasm, I mean commentary?  Helllo?????!!!!!

Lib

Lib...It's nice to be missed.   :-*  And Homer...Love the new pic.  Pimp Homer is way more appropriate lately! 

I actually decided last night was going to be my test run at the American Idol drinking game.  Any time anyone hits a bad note or says something dumb, I drink.  Let me tell ya...I was HAMMERED by the time Pickles was done.  Between her and Lisa, I tossed back 2 beers in 16 minutes...the rest of the show was kind of a blur...had to watch some people later, after Scrubs...

Ace...not my favorite song choice.  Like the song, just not Ace singing it.  Tara....did you catch that Randy said he had more of an N'Sync vibe?  I was totally thinking about your Timberlake song choice for him.

Kat...I thought she blew it.  But the judges heard something completely different apparently...it was an octave (?) too high for her...

Taylor...was awesome.  Loved the song, loved that he didn't run around like a chimp on crack...loved it.

Bucky...yeah, big stretch there buddy.  Not the biggest fan of country (surprise, surprise) but didn't think he did badly.

Chris...you may still be the hottest man in the competition, but I lost a lot of respect for ya....Creed?  Poser rock band crappy Creed?
Scott Stapp is probably one of my least favorite people in the entire world.  Ranks right up there with Pickles. Ew.  Wanted some Incubus, some Staind, some something else.  Ew.  I didn't think it was a bad performance...but ew.

Mandisa...what was she thinking?  I love her, but that was just bad.

Paris...loved it....she's just cute as hell...loved the hair, the outfit, the song choice...loved it.

Elliott...That's my boy.  I recognized the song...don't like it....but he did a great job.  Would have loved to hear something else, but he showed the rest of them up.  I actually kinda think he's a little cutie now too...they did a really good job trying to style him...

Actual critique of Pickles?  Song...lame.  Voice...actually not too bad, but she hit some really sour notes.  Outfit...cute.  But there was no "showwomanship" in the act.  She just looked stupid and stick-like and ew.  I didn't want to hunt her down afterwards though...I think it was just because everyone kinda sucked last night.

Bottom three:
Pickles (just because I don't wanna look at her smarmy little stupid face anymore)
Lisa...cause she murdered a Clarkson song...and showed us all why she can't win this...
Bucky...cause isn't there a show called NASHVILLE STAR?

I think Lisa will be leaving us tonight. 

Tara

I have the same bottom 3 picks as you do Foxx...And I am glad you agree with me about Kat...I didn't think she did good at all...but the judges all liked her...Actually I am glad they did...I don't want her to be kicked off...

foxx

Quote from: Tara on March 29, 2006, 06:56:25 AM
I have the same bottom 3 picks as you do Foxx...And I am glad you agree with me about Kat...I didn't think she did good at all...but the judges all liked her...Actually I am glad they did...I don't want her to be kicked off...

yeah...Mr. Foxx is a big fan of McPhee (I wonder why...could it be her McBoobs?) and he was cringing at her performance...but very relieved when the judges liked it...

...and I am with you...I wanted her to sing Kelly Clarkson...It fits her voice better...X-tina is just too high...

Helen

Just remembered that AI isn't on until 9PM after Bones.

foxx

>:(  Why must they go up against Lost?  Stupid FOX. 

Just means I don't watch AI until 10!

Helen

Quote from: foxx on March 29, 2006, 04:22:59 PM
>:(  Why must they go up against Lost?  Stupid FOX. 

Just means I don't watch AI until 10!

Since I watch Bones, I'll just watch them both and watch Lost and Evidence afterwards.

foxx

oh, I so can't wait for Lost!  You have way more willpower than me!  I wait all week for that show...

Libra

Quote from: foxx on March 29, 2006, 06:53:28 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 28, 2006, 05:22:08 PM

Homer?  Would you PAHLEASE, for the love of Pickles, give Tara some sausage? 

And where's my girl?  Foxxi roxxi?  Woo hoo!!??  Where's your running sarcasm, I mean commentary?  Helllo?????!!!!!

Lib

Lib...It's nice to be missed.   :-*  And Homer...Love the new pic.  Pimp Homer is way more appropriate lately! 

I actually decided last night was going to be my test run at the American Idol drinking game.  Any time anyone hits a bad note or says something dumb, I drink.  Let me tell ya...I was HAMMERED by the time Pickles was done.  Between her and Lisa, I tossed back 2 beers in 16 minutes...the rest of the show was kind of a blur...had to watch some people later, after Scrubs...

I didn't do the drinking game, but I DID get hammered, as y'all know.  I thought they all kinda sucked.  I couldn't even drink them better.   :o

I had to drive to freakin' MIAMI after work and in rush hour traffic and morons driving and I'm hungover and I wish I had a cheeseburger.   >:D

I want my mommy. :'(

Lib

Tara

I'm wondering if I should just like hide out in this thread because I am almost scared to cruise the board...hopefully if one certain individual has been mean someone would of warned me    

e5.gif> e5.gif> e5.gif>

ClingFree

Sweet_Karamel

Sweet_Karamel

Quote from: foxx on March 29, 2006, 04:28:15 PM
oh, I so can't wait for Lost! You have way more willpower than me! I wait all week for that show...

I'm with you. Wait all week for Lost. Just luv the show. I keeps getting better.  e4.gif> e4.gif>

ClingFree

Sweet_Karamel

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview