PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 05:33:12 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Blu

Tara

Quote from: BluRaven on April 11, 2006, 06:12:53 PM
Quote from: mama on April 11, 2006, 06:12:13 PM
who do you think is going to be the next american idol ???
On paper??

Lmao...probably Pickles...Simon always gets what he wants...Just like a friggen man  :x

Sweet_Karamel

I'm calling for Paris. OMG! Her line is soo busy. Hope I get to make at least a few or more call tonight. Later.  O0  O0

Helen

Well, it's been fun chatting about Idol. I'm having an out-patient surgery tomorrow morning so I probably won't be here to discuss the results tomorrow. It's going to be a tough call on who goes home tomorrow. G'nite all.

Tara

Quote from: Helen on April 11, 2006, 06:44:17 PM
Well, it's been fun chatting about Idol. I'm having an out-patient surgery tomorrow morning so I probably won't be here to discuss the results tomorrow. It's going to be a tough call on who goes home tomorrow. G'nite all.

Good nite and good luck tomorrow...See ya when you get back  O0

ClingFree

Good Luck Helen

JenH2001

Good Luck tomorrow Helen!  ;D

foxx

Good Luck with the surgery Helen...we'll be thinking of ya!

Ok...I know you have all been holding your breath waiting for my take on the show...snark... ;)

Bucky:  Great song choice.  But you still suck.
Ace: I kinda liked it...but again, I think its just because he's so darn pretty!  Mr. Foxx has been making me CD's for my car with all of their performances...and its weird...but Elliott sounds better when you don't look at him (although I have a super duper crush on him now...) and Ace and Kat sound worse when you aren't seeing them...which makes me sad, cause I really like Kat...anywho...
Pickles:  She used the EXACT same lighting, arrangement, choreography...and I think, outfit...that Constantine did last year.  She looked like such trash...and sounded like a drunken weasel.  My gawd that was awful.  I literally wanted to vomit.   :x  GO BACK HOME PICKLES!   And what the hell is wrong with the judges?  I think Simon is helping Pickles is find out what Balls-y means...ew.
Chris: Rocked out.  Good stuff.  But I absolutely agreed with Simon...that was indulgent.  He picks songs that fit his style better.  Probably 80% of the audience had never heard Queen's version of that song and so...he could do what he wanted with it.  If he had come out with a little "We are the Champions" and done well (which I think he would have) he would have secured his ticket to the final. 
Kat:  Little pitchy...she looked effing gorgeous though.  Still love her...would be sad for her to leave.  She needs to sing in her bluesy sultry voice more often...When she reaches for those X-tina notes, you start to realize she's not the best one...
MY BOY ELLIOTT: Omg.  I so love him.  Mr. Foxx and I listened to that song on LP right before he sang it (DVR + pause=fantastic) and picked out the parts that he was gonna rock out with...omg...he was perfect, voicewise.  I wanted to fly through my television and kick Randy and Simon's asses.  Why do they not like him?  Why is America so "meh" about him?  I think he needs to win this more than any of them...the rest of them will have a career regardless.  But because he's not the pretty one, or Mr. Personality...the judges lay him down and take a giant chit on him.  Although, I did want to hug Paula.
Taylor: Meh.  Is it just me or has he lost his passion for winning/performing?  He was kinda all over the place and I think he's lost his sparkle...I really thought he was gonna do fantastic too.
Paris: Looked fantastic.  Sounded okay...I really like her, mostly...so I hope she's not the one to leave.

Bottom three?  Let's make it four: Bucky, Ace, Taylor and of course, Pickles.

I voted like 95 times for Elliott last night.  I feel okay about him staying tonight because I got about 66% busy signals as I was calling.  The nice thing about not starting to watch it until 8:30, was, by the time he started singing, the voting period had begun...

Oh chit.  Mr. Foxx said something hysterical last night while we were watching.  He said, despite my hatred vibes...Pickles would be around for about 4 more weeks.  "If you can deal with 4 more years, you can certainly deal with 4 more weeks...."  Well, that just put it right into perspective for me.   ;)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: foxx on April 12, 2006, 07:00:42 AM
Ok...I know you have all been holding your breath waiting for my take on the show...snark... ;)

Pickles:  She used the EXACT same lighting, arrangement, choreography...and I think, outfit...that Constantine did last year.  She looked like such trash...and sounded like a drunken weasel.  My gawd that was awful.  I literally wanted to vomit.   :x  GO BACK HOME PICKLES!   And what the hell is wrong with the judges?  I think Simon is helping Pickles is find out what Balls-y means...ew.

Ok, I don't normally disagree with something AI related because I don't typically watch the show but I did catch Pickles this week and I will say we're have different opinions here. I thought she was awesome. It's not easy to take a 4-5 min song and cut it down to 1 1/2. I thought she had the right idea in starting off like the classic video. Then she added in her own personal style and was much more energetic than last week. The look she was going for (regardless of last year but I hope Constantine wasn't wearing knee high boots with heels) worked perfectly for her and wasn't "trash" like at all. She rocked it and this was one of those rare times I felt good when I picked up my phone and tried calling. Didn't get thru but felt like I was making the right decision during my attempts!

foxx

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 12, 2006, 07:26:56 AM

Ok, I don't normally disagree with something AI related because I don't typically watch the show but I did catch Pickles this week and I will say we're have different opinions here. I thought she was awesome. It's not easy to take a 4-5 min song and cut it down to 1 1/2. I thought she had the right idea in starting off like the classic video. Then she added in her own personal style and was much more energetic than last week. The look she was going for (regardless of last year but I hope Constantine wasn't wearing knee high boots with heels) worked perfectly for her and wasn't "trash" like at all. She rocked it and this was one of those rare times I felt good when I picked up my phone and tried calling. Didn't get thru but felt like I was making the right decision during my attempts!

EW!
I was kidding about the outfit.  But I promise you (because I went back and watched that Constantine version) it was the EXACT same arrangement, stage lighting...even the cheesy little catwalk thing behind the judges, the timing, the choreography...EXACTLY the same.  So, although I can respect your opinion (while fighting back the vomit) I promise you, Pickles put none of "her own thing" into that performance.  So, purely on voice alone...I still think she sucked eggs. 
ee2.1.gif

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: foxx on April 12, 2006, 07:40:13 AM

EW!
I was kidding about the outfit.  But I promise you (because I went back and watched that Constantine version) it was the EXACT same arrangement, stage lighting...even the cheesy little catwalk thing behind the judges, the timing, the choreography...EXACTLY the same.  So, although I can respect your opinion (while fighting back the vomit) I promise you, Pickles put none of "her own thing" into that performance.  So, purely on voice alone...I still think she sucked eggs. 
ee2.1.gif

The arrangement & stage lighting is from the original Queen video! If it's what Constantine used, then he probably stole it from there! And I'm not 100% sure but whatever season had Nikki on it (she's some kid with short cut hair and she has a child), there was the catwalk thing behind the judges on it too. After all these season, nothing is new anymore but last night, she did great...

...OMG I'm defending Pickles!

Blu

Libra

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 12, 2006, 08:04:46 AM
Quote from: foxx on April 12, 2006, 07:40:13 AM

EW!
ee2.1.gif

The arrangement & stage lighting is from the original Queen video! If it's what Constantine used, then he probably stole it from there! And I'm not 100% sure but whatever season had Nikki on it (she's some kid with short cut hair and she has a child), there was the catwalk thing behind the judges on it too. After all these season, nothing is new anymore but last night, she did great...

...OMG I'm defending Pickles!

Foxx? Honey?  You know I love you dearly, right?  But, I'm gonna have to side with Hippo on this one.  I think she did good.  She's still an idiot, but I liked her performance last night. 

Now, bring on the ew's

Lib (ducking and running)

foxx

Quote from: BluRaven on April 12, 2006, 08:11:18 AM
She was ok "on paper."

lmfao..."what does that mean?"  "Simon uses all these big words"  EW!!!!!

OK...perhaps I have tunnel vision when it comes to her.  Perhaps.

But yuk.  If she wins this competition, which is a distinct possibility for some unknown effing reason...I am going to hunt Simon down. 
So help me, I will!

>:D

...and Libra...I know you secretly heart her.  Its okay...its just the girl from Tennessee talking... :-*

Helen

Thanks for the "well wishes" everyone. Things went well. I'm a little sore and very tired but I'll get sleep after the Idol results show.

Foxx, I don't think Elliott is going anywhere this week so just relax!! I read your review on the show and was entertained and smiling as usual. I think they should add a segment to the show just for you!!! (to replace Ryan) It would be great.
I had to laugh at what Mr Foxx said about 4 more shows/4 more years!!

Catch you all later if I don't fall asleep before the show!!  <3

foxx

Quote from: Helen on April 12, 2006, 12:53:37 PM
Thanks for the "well wishes" everyone. Things went well. I'm a little sore and very tired but I'll get sleep after the Idol results show.

Foxx, I don't think Elliott is going anywhere this week so just relax!! I read your review on the show and was entertained and smiling as usual. I think they should add a segment to the show just for you!!! (to replace Ryan) It would be great.

Glad to hear everything went well...

I hope Elliott isn't going anywhere!  I'll be crazy until the show is over though, unfortunately. 
Glad that you are entertained by my rants!  That makes one other person (besides me)!  lmao...

Helen

Quote from: foxx on April 12, 2006, 01:00:55 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 12, 2006, 12:53:37 PM

Glad to hear everything went well...

I hope Elliott isn't going anywhere!  I'll be crazy until the show is over though, unfortunately. 
Glad that you are entertained by my rants!  That makes one other person (besides me)!  lmao...

I have to admit that at first all the talk you did about Kellie rubbed me the wrong way but then I realized that it's just talk and now I really do enjoy reading what you have to say. It's not that I even like Kellie and want her to win, it's kinda like rooting for the underdog. I realize she's not the underdog on the show but in here she was so henceforth, my allegiance to her. (if that makes any sense)  :))
As I told Chad, I'm not admitting as to whom I want to win because every year, except season 1 which I didn't watch, my favorite came in 2nd and I'm not 2nd place jinxing them this year. So, please please please, continue with your reviews. I love them!!  <3

Helen

Foxx, lastly, lol, over in that AOL Idol poll, they currently have Elliott in the #6 spot. Bucky has moved up to #5 and Paris is holding down the bottom. Here's the link again in case anyone wants to check it out for themselves.
http://television.aol.com/americanidol/poll

foxx

Quote from: Helen on April 12, 2006, 01:11:15 PM
Foxx, lastly, lol, over in that AOL Idol poll, they currently have Elliott in the #6 spot. Bucky has moved up to #5 and Paris is holding down the bottom. Here's the link again in case anyone wants to check it out for themselves.
http://television.aol.com/americanidol/poll

Ew. Pickles is #2.  That makes me  :x.

...okay, even I am a little tired of hearing me complain about her...lol

SaintHiρρo

Maybe I haven't read this before (because I used to avoid this topic like it was a deadly virus) but doesn't Elliott look like Curious George? I'm almost tempted to go back and read all 100+ pages of this thread just to see everyone comments!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview