PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 08:18:32 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkInDrublic

Good point Helen. Might have to limit the drinkingt til voting is over  O0

Helen

Quote from: PunkInDrublic on April 17, 2006, 09:37:57 PM
Good point Helen. Might have to limit the drinkingt til voting is over  O0

Well, you want to make sure they get the votes in!!  :))   :))
Nice idea for the party BTW!!

foxx

Quote from: PunkInDrublic on April 17, 2006, 09:25:35 PM
I've come up with a fun way to celebrate Idol night and help Elliot stay out of the bottom three. I'm hosting a Drunken Dialing party. Grilling out, lots of drinks, lots of fun. Everyone is required to bring a phone and has to vote for Elliot.  :))

That is such a good idea!  You have to play the Crusty Pickles drinking game...Everytime she hits a bad note, says something stupid and/or makes a stupid face at the camera, you must drink!  Its great fun....

foxx

Spoiler Alert! 

Chris will be singing "Night and Day"...both Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald have recorded this song...
and remember, he cannot alter the song in any way...So, although U2 did a version of this song years ago, he will not be able to use that arrangement...

When I find more, I will share.

Libra

Quote from: foxx on April 18, 2006, 06:36:25 AM
Spoiler Alert! 

Chris will be singing "Night and Day"...both Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald have recorded this song...
and remember, he cannot alter the song in any way...So, although U2 did a version of this song years ago, he will not be able to use that arrangement...

When I find more, I will share.

Am I the only one who has never heard of these Rod Stewart songs?  I was thinking more along the lines of the one Homer is singing. 

ClingFree

Not being able to change it in any way .. is going to make that very interesting.

LastCall

I disagree
   Taylor will pull the song off it is an easy song to sing and he can hit any note
      as long as he does not move around so much I will sing it now and try it out  :))
         Night and day you are the one um hope he does not forget the words as I just did ::) 

wattsmyname

Quote from: LastCall on April 18, 2006, 07:05:27 AM
I disagree
   Taylor will pull the song off it is an easy song to sing and he can hit any note
      as long as he does not move around so much I will sing it now and try it out  :))
         Night and day you are the one um hope he does not forget the words as I just did ::) 

sing it Chad make us proud :)) :))

LastCall

ok ready
Night and day you are the one only u sit under the moon and under the sun
   whether near to me or far  it's no matter were you are I think of you
       Night and day  reapeat Night and day blablabla lol there yea go
               very old song that is But it sounded pretty good  :)) and I know if I can do so can Taylor :)

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 18, 2006, 06:44:22 AM

Am I the only one who has never heard of these Rod Stewart songs?  I was thinking more along the lines of the one Homer is singing. 

No Lib I am with you ...I had said that in a earlier post...We know the late 70 and early 80 songs from him.

Now Night and Day I think I know what song that is...what does that have to do with Rod Stewart?  Was he even born yet?  :))

Oh my look at this....U2 sang the song...So I wonder if he can sing it there way, which I never have heard but heres the words. And its the same one Frank sang.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/u2/nightandday.html

foxx

They aren't Rod Stewart Songs.  They are "Standards" which Rod Stewart recorded onto a 4 volume box set.  Tradidtional kinda crooner songs which were in the past written or recorded by Cole Porter, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, etc.

Tara

I  don't want to hear those kind of song... >:(  Its gonna suck again tonight.

ClingFree

Quote from: Tara on April 18, 2006, 07:21:41 AM

I think Elliot .. Taylor .. and probably Kat are going to do extremely well.

Chris - Im very curious how he handles this.

Ace .. Im not so sure about ... Paris will probably do well .. and thats all I have to say so I can leave this on a positive not!

Helen

If that's the deal then it will suck. C'mon, I was looking forward to hearing Maggie May, Some Guys Have All the Luck, You're in MY Heart....etc....

Libra

Quote from: foxx on April 18, 2006, 07:19:30 AM

They aren't Rod Stewart Songs.  They are "Standards" which Rod Stewart recorded onto a 4 volume box set.  Tradidtional kinda crooner songs which were in the past written or recorded by Cole Porter, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, etc.

Ahhhh!  Gotcha!  That makes way more sense, then.  

Still, though... I'd rather hear them sing something more current.  I hate old, sweet and sappy songs.  I'd rather hear Willaim Hung sing Welcome to the Jungle. 

LastCall

William Hung << now that is funny  :)) :)) :))

Tara

I will sing Maggie May to you guys..I know that song....

Hey Lib...your caption is for Shakiras  song?  O0

Have you heard Beep by Puzzycat Dolls? 

Libra

Quote from: Tara on April 18, 2006, 07:32:29 AM
I will sing Maggie May to you guys..I know that song....

Hey Lib...your caption is for Shakiras  song?  O0

Have you heard Beep by Puzzycat Dolls? 

Yeah!  I love that song.  I want to learn to dance like that. 

And I have the PCD CD. It's pretty awesome.  I can't seem to get it away from the boyfriend long enough to burn myself a copy, though.  >:D

foxx

Quote from: Tara on April 18, 2006, 07:21:41 AM

Bite your tongue woman!  These are classic songs...sung by some of the greatest singers of all time!  To me, this will be the night where the singers are separated from the sucks. 

I for one am thrilled with this theme...and I agree with you Cling...Elliott, Taylor and Kat are gonna be fantastic tonight.  Like I said, singers separated from sucks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview