PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 06:28:53 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

The only thing different from this week and last week is that I didn't make a million phone calls for Pickles and I'll probably only make one this week... hope she'll back again next week!

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 25, 2006, 08:15:23 PM
The only thing different from this week and last week is that I didn't make a million phone calls for Pickles and I'll probably only make one this week... hope she'll back again next week!

Has it been on there yet? 

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on April 25, 2006, 08:18:50 PM

Has it been on there yet? 

I believe it's on right now here but I'm at work and won't get a chance to view it. I'll just watch "The Soup" on E! for the highlights...

Helen

Just out of curiousity....is that confidence or resignation? I think her fan base is still pretty good and she may be around another week.

Libra

I think that SOMEONE.. I'm not sure who, but SOMEONE is going to go home before Pickles.  I hope I'm wrong. However, this is a quest to be an American Idol, and I'm sorry, but I'm not available.  

Anyhoo... As I was telling the club earlier when pc.net went down, there's an epidemic that's sweeping the country, and it's called, "I WANT TO BE YOU" disease.  It effects all women under the age of 80.  They either want to BE their idol, which is frightening, or they want to be LIKE their idols, which is equally frightening.  The most frightening thing of all is that millions of little girls with cell phones are the ones that are going to decide this competition.  Now, I ask you? Who do you think they're going to pick?

I'm jus' sayin'.

Helen

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 25, 2006, 08:24:20 PM
I think that SOMEONE.. I'm not sure who, but SOMEONE is going to go home before Pickles.  I hope I'm wrong. However, this is a quest to be an American Idol, and I'm sorry, but I'm not available.  

Anyhoo... As I was telling the club earlier when pc.net went down, there's an epidemic that's sweeping the country, and it's called, "I WANT TO BE YOU" disease.  It effects all women under the age of 80.  They either want to BE their idol, which is frightening, or they want to be LIKE their idols, which is equally frightening.  The most frightening thing of all is that millions of little girls with cell phones are the ones that are going to decide this competition.  Now, I ask you? Who do you think they're going to pick?

I'm jus' sayin'.

I agree with you Lib and I think those mothers need to take those phones away and send those girls to bed without supper!!!  :)) :))

foxx

Holy Chit...

I cried right along with Paula.  There is so much  <3  for Elliott right now I almost can't even bash Crusty Pickles...but come on.  You know I am gonna...

Katharine:
  Um....She looked effing fantastic.  Grace, charm, fantastic dress...But wow.  I was afraid for her when I *finally* found out she was singing Whitney.  I think (sorry Tara) I was right to be afraid.  I really hope she isn't going home, but ummmmm...ouch.
The man, Mr. Elliott:  What more can I say?  Paula, Randy and omg, yes, even Simon said it all.  I was so nervous while he was singing that I forgot to enjoy it...when the show was over, we listened again.  OMG...he was brilliant.
Frickin Crusty: I was so trashed about 1 minute in.  That was, honestly, the worst piece of garbage I have ever heard in the "final" stages of AI.  If she doesn't go home after that...we really seriously need to start worrying about America's Youth.  No one over 20 is actually voting to keep her in, except maybe Hippo and the Vote for the Worst crowd.  Wow...the worst thing that has happened to Pop Culture since Vanilla Ice.  Ew.
Princess P Paris:  I love that she attempted Streisand.  A little over the top, but man, that girl can hit a note.
Taylor: Um....unimpressed with 75% of the song...a tiny bit wowed about the last 25%.  I do really like him....I just think his heart is not in it anymore.
Christopher you dreamy thing:  Awful effing song.  Come on, did we really need a second Bryan Adams song this season?  But OMG...yum.  He restrained the whole goat-like throat noise for most of the song...and actually listened to the part about singing from his gut...If Chris isn't safe, something is again, wrong with America.

Elliott and Chris are the only ones who should be a lock on the safe side of the bunch. 

Bottom three: Pickler, Taylor and kat....
Seriously, did you feel any love from "Unchained Melody"?  I felt a lot of bile coming up, but not much else...
Who do I think is actually going to get booted?  Unfortunately, either Paris or Kat.  Which sucks so hard.

Can you believe that Paula actually cried?  I mean, she tends to be a little dramatic, but real tears?  Sweet.  Hopefully he is safe because of it...I dialed feverishly for 2 hours and got through 48 times.  Seven more votes from me than last week but two lines this time...

:D  I am a happy little foxxie...for now....

Libra

Quote from: Helen on April 25, 2006, 08:27:49 PM

I'm jus' sayin'.

I agree with you Lib and I think those mothers need to take those phones away and send those girls to bed without supper!!!  :)) :))

Don't get me wrong, Helen.  I support the constitution and the freedom of speech.  I'm not advocating going Nazi on all people who dial for Pickles...

Ah hell, I was hoping that my message went much deeper than supressing the thoughts of a child to the point of witholding dinner.

Oh well.

Nighties, Jackerz.

Helen

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 25, 2006, 08:33:52 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 25, 2006, 08:27:49 PM

I'm jus' sayin'.

Don't get me wrong, Helen.  I support the constitution and the freedom of speech.  I'm not advocating going Nazi on all people who dial for Pickles...

Ah hell, I was hoping that my message went much deeper than supressing the thoughts of a child to the point of witholding dinner.

Oh well.

Nighties, Jackerz.

I got your point Lib, I was just looking for a little humor.  :)) And if I was one of those millions of little girls, I'd be dialing for Elliott or Chris!! lol

ClingFree

Foxx ... Love your recap as always.

Could you actually HEAR me drooling?  Because I think I shorted out my keyboard!   :-X

foxx

Quote from: ClingFree on April 26, 2006, 03:29:34 AM
Foxx ... Love your recap as always.

Could you actually HEAR me drooling?  Because I think I shorted out my keyboard!   :-X

lmao...he was dreamy...but what's up with the "I might have to kill you" face while he's singing a love song?

Tara

Quote from: foxx on April 25, 2006, 08:28:17 PM

Katharine:
  Um....She looked effing fantastic.  Grace, charm, fantastic dress...But wow.  I was afraid for her when I *finally* found out she was singing Whitney.  I think (sorry Tara) I was right to be afraid.  I really hope she isn't going home, but ummmmm...ouch.

I liked her when I was watching the show and trying to babysit Lib...I re-watched it , when I went to bed...Ok don't call me weird but I was in bed I had it on but I wasn't looking at the TV..I was just listening yanno what I mean?  She didn't sound as good as I thought she did when I was watching her. But I don't care she doesn't deserve to go home. I thought she looked awesome but I wouldn't of wore yellow.

Your man was awesome and great reviews all over the net this morning....

Also Pickles again for 2 weeks in a row was the worse all over the net

I know my girl will be in the bottom 3 but thats ok...Im a big girl I can handle it..Not like some other Kat haters here...but hey when your all dried up what can ya say right?

Kelly

I loved Elliot he was sooo gooooood.....Chris was just ok to me....I am gonna get boo-ed here maybe but I am kinda getting tired of his voice.....Taylor has to have a magic moment or hes gonna be gone soon....and I like Taylor....The judges I think were too hard on Kat (she did look stunning tho)...Paris is just a little dynamo...and I usually don't care for her over the top style/voice but I liked her last night....Pickles.....omg Pickles....come on....I just keep saying why...why...why am I forced to listen to this.....she cannot sing....it was very very bad...2 weeks in a row....I feel in my heart shes going home tomorrow....if this was a personality contest Pickles would have it over them all...but it isn't...when will the folks voting for her wake up....do they even watch the show or just look for her number and vote like "Pickle-Sheep"...lmbo sorry I am not trying to start a "Pickle-War" but sheeeeesh my ears are still recovering from that....song ...did it even qualify as a song?            

Just my thoughts about it all thanks for lettin me air them....I need some q-tips

foxx

I am such a giddy little school girl today!  Tee hee!

Here's a good article:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1187613_3_0_,00.html

and Dial Idol currently has Paris or Pickler as the one going home...

*crosses fingers

...did anyone else notice that the crowd didn't even boo when the judges told Pickler she sucked?  Tee hee...

Tara

Quote from: KsArt on April 26, 2006, 06:21:03 AM
I loved Elliot he was sooo gooooood.....Chris was just ok to me....I am gonna get boo-ed here maybe but I am kinda getting tired of his voice.....Taylor has to have a magic moment or hes gonna be gone soon....and I like Taylor....The judges I think were too hard on Kat (she did look stunning tho)...Paris is just a little dynamo...and I usually don't care for her over the top style/voice but I liked her last night....Pickles.....omg Pickles....come on....I just keep saying why...why...why am I forced to listen to this.....she cannot sing....it was very very bad...2 weeks in a row....I feel in my heart shes going home tomorrow....if this was a personality contest Pickles would have it over them all...but it isn't...when will the folks voting for her wake up....do they even watch the show or just look for her number and vote like "Pickle-Sheep"...lmbo sorry I am not trying to start a "Pickle-War" but sheeeeesh my ears are still recovering from that....song ...did it even qualify as a song?            

Just my thoughts about it all thanks for lettin me air them....I need some q-tips

Nice recap Kelly ...And your not going to get boo-ed ecspecially since you like Kat...lol

Tara

Quote from: foxx on April 26, 2006, 06:30:37 AM

Here's a good article:

*crosses fingers

...did anyone else notice that the crowd didn't even boo when the judges told Pickler she sucked?  Tee hee...

You know shes not going home tonight...I need to check out her supporters at the VFTW site...I haven't been there yet. That site is crazy...even if they vote for her they talk about her like she needs to be...LOL  Im sure I will be back with some Pickles bashing  :)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on April 26, 2006, 06:33:25 AM

Here's a good article:

*crosses fingers

You know shes not going home tonight...I need to check out her supporters at the VFTW site...I haven't been there yet. That site is crazy...even if they vote for her they talk about her like she needs to be...LOL  Im sure I will be back with some Pickles bashing  :)

Sadly I was too busy to even make one phone call for Pickles. However, I still feel very confident she's not going home tonight...

Helen

Quote from: KsArt on April 26, 2006, 06:21:03 AM
lmbo sorry I am not trying to start a "Pickle-War" but sheeeeesh my ears are still recovering from that....song ...did it even qualify as a song?            

LOL Kelly, yes it did!! When The Righteous Brothers sang it!!! And I think you needed earplugs, not q-tips.  :))

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 26, 2006, 06:47:48 AM
Quote from: Tara on April 26, 2006, 06:33:25 AM

Here's a good article:

*crosses fingers

Sadly I was too busy to even make one phone call for Pickles. However, I still feel very confident she's not going home tonight...

As much as I hate to say it, I don't believe she will either..Her fan base is huge. She took on a all time favorite song by many.. and butchered it

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview