PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 06:32:06 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet_Karamel

Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 06:33:29 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 02, 2006, 06:29:36 PM
Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 06:22:39 PM
Dang I need a smiley that burps...lol

LMAO... OK then... I have burped 7 times in the past hour :))  :))  :))

I think I got you bet my that. 8 times for me...

Tara

Tara

Quote from: BluRaven on May 02, 2006, 05:42:39 PM
I ain't gay or nothing, but Elliot's 2nd song got me...kid is good.

He is good !!

Monkey

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but Kellie Pickler's Dad, Clyde "Bo" Pickler Jr. has gotten out of jail.

Surrounded by reporters, Clyde "Bo" Pickler Jr., 41, said: "Being in the position I've been in, I can't take any credit for what Kellie's done. She's accomplished a lot in her 19 years of life, and I'm extremely proud of her – I'm going to try and patch up a few burned bridges."

Monkey

I also just heard that Matt Rogers of Season 3 and his wife Teri have welcomed their first baby boy! (Late, I know)

Brayden Douglas Rogers was born on April 16. He weighed 8 lbs. and was 21 inches long.

foxx

Okay...Clingie, sweetie?  You are gonna have to start sharing Blu.  Seriously...   :-*

Wow, I am kinda freaking out right now, because I got thru WAY too many times on Elliott's line.  Ew.  If he goes home, you guys are gonna have to deal with one angry Foxxie...

Elliott:
I am so biased now, I think my opinion is worthless.  I thought "On Broadway" was awesome...he threw in a little skat and I was hooked.  He NEVER HITS A BAD NOTE!  Its freakish, really.
Poor Poor #2 spot Paris: Ummm...she looked fantastic and had so much fun.  Do I sound like Paula now?  (Oh, wait, that's later in the recap...not enough beer in me at this point in the show....)  Anywho, I think this little peanut has brass bound ovaries to take on the Purple one...and I enjoyed it...which is good at this point.
Katty McBoob: Ummm...that song...it sucks.  I was gonna say something mean and snarky about McPhee here...but really, it was just the song choice I hated.  I shall reserve my ire for someone else.  Oh, and Kat?  Loved the dress.
Shark Eyes Daughtry: I love this song.  There is something so dorkily awesome about Styx.  Styx!  Mr. Foxx and I had a fun time predicting the arrangement and lighting for this song...and he did us proud.  It was really good...but not my favorite Chris ever.
Spazzy Joe Cocker...oh, sorry, I mean Taylor:  Ummmm...Play that Funky Music?  Really?  He had a lot of fun...which is one thing.  I haven't been really feeling the Taylor vibe recently...ummmm...It was okay for me dawg...not great...meh.  Although, I am so wishing I hadn't found the Grey haired guy drinking game today...Judas Priest, I was effing chugging at the end...Laying on the floor screaming "Soul Patrol"?  Okay...have already drank more beers than I intended on drinking the entire evening...

Part 2:  Oh, and Seacrest?  If you move the hangers out of your way it makes it a bit easier to get out...

The New Mr. Foxx:
I think I need to find a really good divorce attorney..cause I am in LOVE.   I effing bawled my face off.  Seriously.  I turned to Mr. Foxx when it was over and said "I hope Paula is crying, because if not, I am SUCH a loser"...and well, you saw Paula's reaction...  Good Gawd though...He can sit on a stool, not sing in his big vibrato voice and I could listen forever.  I thought it was beautiful and simple and magnificent.  *sigh*
Paris:  I love Mary J.  I think she is more untouchable than Whitney.  And Paris just shouldn't have went there.  I thought she was cute, and fun...and I think Mary is hard core and all woman.  Paris...when puberty is over, try out again...Sorry, that was way meaner than I meant, because I really like her.  Paris, I will be waiting in line to see you when you are 24...at 17, I think you just can't pull it off yet.  She hasn't lived yet.  You need to live to have passion and greatness...sorry, apparently the alcohol is being philosophical...
The rockstar:  ICK.  That was effing horrid.  That song...blew.  Chris...I really like you.  I think your voice is awesome.  However, although there are glimpses of brilliance, your general taste in music is BLECH.  Ew.  Icky.  All around.  (Sorry Cling...)
Katharine:  She deserves her real name now.  That was fantastic.  It could just be that she was sitting on the floor with barefeet singing something that wasn't horribly oversung...but whatever it was...it was great.  I did comment to Mr. Foxx about 30 seconds in that she really needed to get up off the floor now...I get the "I am just a hippie chick singing a song" vibe...but not for the whole 1:30.  But great song choice, great vocal.
Taylor:  I can't even really discuss this.  Something is one of my all-time favorites.  George Harrison was the master.  I am p!ssed that he got away with singing a song from 1969 as his "current" billboard hit...I am p!ssed that he sang a Beatles song...Just effing p!ssed.   That being said, I don't think it was horrible...but there are just some songs that should never be touched by anyone else, ever.

So, all in all...very consistently pleased with Elliott...Thought Chris and Kat had one awful and one good, Taylor...generally Meh, but made for a fun drinking game...and Poor Poor Paris...I think you are the one going home.  Although I really don't feel good about Elliott because of the lack o' busy signals...I may be inconsolable tomorrow. 

Gawd I am a blabby b!tch.  For those of you sitting there nodding your heads in agreement...Bite Me.
Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings because I ripped on your favorite...
Oh, and Lib...I read your post about Elliott sucking...and you are so on the list.  Effer.

Edited because I know more than one adjective for YOU SUCK...

ClingFree

Quote from: foxx on May 02, 2006, 08:56:36 PM

Okay...Clingie, sweetie?  You are gonna have to start sharing Blu.  Seriously...   :-*

Wow, I am kinda freaking out right now, because I got thru WAY too many times on Elliott's line.  Ew.  If he goes home, you guys are gonna have to deal with one angry Foxxie...

Elliott:
I am so biased now, I think my opinion is worthless.  I thought "On Broadway" was awesome...he threw in a little skat and I was hooked.  He NEVER HITS A BAD NOTE!  Its freakish, really.
Poor Poor #2 spot Paris: Ummm...she looked fantastic and had so much fun.  Do I sound like Paula now?  (Oh, wait, that's later in the recap...not enough beer in me at this point in the show....)  Anywho, I think this little peanut has brass bound ovaries to take on the Purple one...and I enjoyed it...which is good at this point.
Katty McBoob: Ummm...that song...it sucks.  I was gonna say something mean and snarky about McPhee here...but really, it was just the song choice I hated.  I shall reserve my ire for someone else.  Oh, and Kat?  Loved the dress.
Shark Eyes Daughtry: I love this song.  There is something so dorkily awesome about Styx.  Styx!  Mr. Foxx and I had a fun time predicting the arrangement and lighting for this song...and he did us proud.  It was really good...but not my favorite Chris ever.
Spazzy Joe Cocker...oh, sorry, I mean Taylor:  Ummmm...Play that Funky Music?  Really?  He had a lot of fun...which is one thing.  I haven't been really feeling the Taylor vibe recently...ummmm...It was okay for me dawg...not great...meh.  Although, I am so wishing I hadn't found the Grey haired guy drinking game today...Judas Priest, I was effing chugging at the end...Laying on the floor screaming "Soul Patrol"?  Okay...have already drank more beers than I intended on drinking the entire evening...

Part 2:  Oh, and Seacrest?  If you move the hangers out of your way it makes it a bit easier to get out...

The New Mr. Foxx:
I think I need to find a really good divorce attorney..cause I am in LOVE.   I effing bawled my face off.  Seriously.  I turned to Mr. Foxx when it was over and said "I hope Paula is crying, because if not, I am SUCH a loser"...and well, you saw Paula's reaction...  Good Gawd though...He can sit on a stool, not sing in his big vibrato voice and I could listen forever.  I thought it was beautiful and simple and magnificent.  *sigh*
Paris:  I love Mary J.  I think she is more untouchable than Whitney.  And Paris just shouldn't have went there.  I thought she was cute, and fun...and I think Mary is hard core and all woman.  Paris...when puberty is over, try out again...Sorry, that was way meaner than I meant, because I really like her.  Paris, I will be waiting in line to see you when you are 24...at 17, I think you just can't pull it off yet.  She hasn't lived yet.  You need to live to have passion and greatness...sorry, apparently the alcohol is being philosophical...
The rockstar:  ICK.  That was effing horrid.  That song...blew.  Chris...I really like you.  I think your voice is awesome.  However, although there are glimpses of brilliance, your general taste in music is BLECH.  Ew.  Icky.  All around.  (Sorry Cling...)
Katharine:  She deserves her real name now.  That was fantastic.  It could just be that she was sitting on the floor with barefeet singing something that wasn't horribly oversung...but whatever it was...it was great.  I did comment to Mr. Foxx about 30 seconds in that she really needed to get up off the floor now...I get the "I am just a hippie chick singing a song" vibe...but not for the whole 1:30.  But great song choice, great vocal.
Taylor:  I can't even really discuss this.  Something is one of my all-time favorites.  George Harrison was the master.  I am p!ssed that he got away with singing a song from 1969 as his "current" billboard hit...I am p!ssed that he sang a Beatles song...Just effing p!ssed.   That being said, I don't think it was horrible...but there are just some songs that should never be touched by anyone else, ever.

So, all in all...very consistently pleased with Elliott...Thought Chris and Kat had one awful and one good, Taylor...generally Meh, but made for a fun drinking game...and Poor Poor Paris...I think you are the one going home.  Although I really don't feel good about Elliott because of the lack o' busy signals...I may be inconsolable tomorrow. 

Gawd I am a blabby b!tch.  For those of you sitting there nodding your heads in agreement...Bite Me.
Oh, and Lib...I read your post about Elliott sucking...and you are so on the list.  Effer.

I love ya girlie. Love your recaps. And altho I worship Chris, Im not offended at your opinions in the least!!

Tara

Ugh !!  Where do I start out this morning.  I guess right here is good.

Ok I love your re-cap Foxx, like always.  I love you more because you didn't slam my girl with her 1st song which she did suck at.  You didn't slam her because I asked you not to be to hard on her... :)) :))  Did I already say I love you ?  If I didn't I am telling you again.  :-*

I only disagree you with you on Paris's 2nd song.  I loved it. Could of been because I love the song and listen to it almost everyday and it could of been because after about 6 drinks and yes 5 shots that almost made me puke when Trippy Taylor was singing had the best of me !!!
And I have to re-read all of  last nights because why I did take 5 shots? By the 2nd time he sang I didn't even look at him. But I heard him.

I want Taylor to go home.  Today is going to be a good day at VFTW. 

Foxx this was from 10:15 last night . I know you will get it neater as the day goes on. And people we don't want the stupid AOL poll thing..Its never even near right. Save your copy and paste key its worthless !!!

10:15pm PDT

Dial Idol Score:

1        Taylor Hicks        40.378        1.715        -
2-4        Elliott Yamin        33.852        1.806        -
2-4        Chris Daughtry        33.8        1.807        -
2-5        Katharine McPhee        30.252        1.854        -
4-5        Paris Bennett        28.585        1.876        -

Busy Percentages:

Taylor Hicks        77.979        -
Taylor Hicks #2        74.36        -
Chris Daughtry        66.458        -
Elliott Yamin        65.531        -
Elliott Yamin #2        63.491        -
Chris Daughtry #2        59.487        -
Katharine McPhee        56.416        -
Paris Bennett        54.73        -
Katharine McPhee #2        50.384        -
Paris Bennett #2        48.769

Raw Numbers:

Idol        Busy Signals        Votes        Totals
Katharine McPhee        41308        31913        73221
Katharine McPhee #2        35279        34741        70020
Taylor Hicks        49977        14113        64090
Taylor Hicks #2        46613        16073        62686
Elliott Yamin #2        35405        20359        55764
Elliott Yamin        35710        18783        54493
Chris Daughtry #2        27022        18403        45425
Chris Daughtry        28932        14602        43534
Paris Bennett        12133        10036        22169
Paris Bennett #2        10598        11133        21731
Totals        322977        190156        513133

bubblegum

who do you guys will think will win american idol?

bubblegum

Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 03:33:51 PM
Quote from: Homer on May 02, 2006, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: bubblegum on May 02, 2006, 03:23:01 PM
since when you get a girlfriend? :)

I see you've been napping in class again. :o

Tara and I have been an item for awhile. :P

Bubbles is usually a few months back in time..Maybe she will catch up who knows. :))

sorry I've been in a time warp.  I'm just now catching up on all these AI posts.

bubblegum

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 02, 2006, 04:39:36 PM
Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 04:33:27 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 02, 2006, 04:29:08 PM
Quote from: foxx on May 02, 2006, 04:26:29 PM
Okay my punkins...I am off to make dinner and watch AI...

Enjoy, don't have too much fun without me...and Drink Like Fishes!

:-*

Thanks for the update Foxxie.  We're gonna miss you as always  :'(  But we'll look forward with bated breath to your recap or something  :-*

She always leaves at the good time  :'(

I know.  I miss her already.  :'(

Where's Clingy?  Where's Blu for that matter?  :o :o :o  Ya think they're breaking in the minivan?  :-X

I broke the minivan.  Sorry folks.  I got in the shop

Tara

foxx

Tara...no problem woman.  I would be sitting here crying like a baby if Elliott was slammed by some snarky b!tch like me...so, I said my piece on that...It really was the song I hated. I don't think she knocked it out of the park by any means...

Here's the final Dial Idol numbers....

That doesn't bode well for poor poor Paris...Although Pickler was in the spot currently occupied by Kat last week...

Oh, and Zabbasearch isn't even listed with the AI stuff (freebie!) any longer on aohell.  I would guess mostly because it was a sham...but whatever...

Clingie, Tara...glad to entertain you with the recaps...The "typing while skrunk" challenge is always fun...

Kelly

mmmm lost the first post that was weird....ok I'll try again

I think Elliot was the only one with 2 great performances last night everyone else had 1 good song and one suckie song....sorry to disagree with you Foxx about Taylor but I think he did great with his version of the Beatles song ...I think he finally had a magic moment and sang it beautifully (he sang a classic song by a great band and made it his own...hard thing to do)...I would buy that song if he ever cut it on a CD.....Paris was pretty good and I have a new respect for her (but I still hate her speaking voice)....Kat disappointed me bigtime but thank goodness she did better on her 2nd song....I'm soooooo tired of goat-boy Chris and I couldn't guess who's going home tonight and I don't really care as long as it isn't Elliot

foxx

Ks...Please don't feel sorry for disagreeing with me!  lol...am I that scary?

I will say this though...go to windows media or amazon.com and listen to Joe Cocker's version of "Something"...Taylor did it note for note.  It was by no means, "his own".  Kinda like Chris (goat boy, tee hee) pretending for a week that he made "Walk the Line" original...yeah, no.

;::  GO ELLIOTT!

bubblegum

Libra

Quote from: foxx on May 02, 2006, 08:56:36 PM

Elliott:

The New Mr. Foxx:

When did I say he sucked?  I was laughing at Homer calling him McDorkfus MCforkus or something.  >:D

Kelly

Quote from: foxx on May 03, 2006, 07:16:04 AM
Ks...Please don't feel sorry for disagreeing with me!  lol...am I that scary?

I will say this though...go to windows media or amazon.com and listen to Joe Cocker's version of "Something"...Taylor did it note for note.  It was by no means, "his own".  Kinda like Chris (goat boy, tee hee) pretending for a week that he made "Walk the Line" original...yeah, no.

;::  GO ELLIOTT!

No your not scarry I just know sometimes if you dissagree with some people they can get a bit flippy...I know your not that bad....lol
I never heard this Joe Cocker version of that Beatles song so maybe Taylor didn't make it own but I still loved it....I heard the band FUEL wanted Chris to take over as their lead singer cause they lost their's but he can't do it because AI owns the contestants for something like 3 years???? Does anyone know if this is true???? That kinda sucks for them because it could hold them back....oh well I guess theres always a price to pay for fame n glory....I work tonight and will miss the show til about 11pm when I run thru the door change into jammies at lightning speed plop on the sofa and grab the remote to watch it on the tivo!!!!

secretly between you n me...lol..... if Elliot doesn't win I may never watch this show again

Libra

By the way, Foxx, GREAT recap!  I like it when you do them all boozie and stuff.  The more you drink, the better the recap!  :))

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 03, 2006, 07:37:57 AM
By the way, Foxx, GREAT recap!  I like it when you do them all boozie and stuff.  The more you drink, the better the recap!  :))

Thanks punkin...

Quote from: KsArt on May 03, 2006, 07:36:13 AM

No your not scarry I just know sometimes if you dissagree with some people they can get a bit flippy...I know your not that bad....lol
I never heard this Joe Cocker version of that Beatles song so maybe Taylor didn't make it own but I still loved it....I heard the band FUEL wanted Chris to take over as their lead singer cause they lost their's but he can't do it because AI owns the contestants for something like 3 years???? Does anyone know if this is true???? That kinda sucks for them because it could hold them back....oh well I guess theres always a price to pay for fame n glory....I work tonight and will miss the show til about 11pm when I run thru the door change into jammies at lightning speed plop on the sofa and grab the remote to watch it on the tivo!!!!

secretly between you n me...lol..... if Elliot doesn't win I may never watch this show again

There is a rumor out there that Fuel did indeed want Chris.  I think he should have quit the show and ran straight to them.  Seriously, if he wins this thing...what kind of album is he going to do?  If any contestant ever needed to be the lead singer of a band, it is Chris.  Can you imagine "Jonathan Davis: the solo album"?  (Korn's lead singer)...NO.

If Elliott leaves tonight, I will never watch again.  Because Taylor didn't even sing on the first song and as far as the second song...he might as well have given George Harrison's tombstone a lapdance.  But he will be around forever, doing his lounge singer act and making me insane. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview