PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:54:28 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

PogoCrazyMomma

Very sad woman here, I think AI is a sham, last night I was kinda straining to stay awake for the results and when they said chris was going home I bolted wide awake and my heart sank, he has an incredible voice, I'm sorry to kat fans but she didn't do so well this week and i think she should have gone home, I'll bet many americans vote for her just to have a woman still in it, grr, going through a depression now, but I do agree chris is probably better off as he won't be bound to any idol contract and can do want he wants musically, but I can't wait to get his cd which I know will probably make him filthy rich!!!I will join in the ranks and give my vote to elliot now though I kinda like taylor I wouldn't listen to or buy his music as it is not my style, I'm a rock chick all the way!!!!I'm really going to miss seeing my eye candy though every week. :'(  :'(  :'(

foxx

I can understand how you feel that AI is a sham.  I can.  For me though, last night kinda restored my faith in this show.  I never thought they would let their Chosen One leave the competition.  When I saw the DialIdol results, I thought for sure Kat was a goner.  She has definitely been one Screetchy McPhee for the last few weeks, but she did seem like she was trying, at least.  I think Chris realized he was TCO and started slacking.  He thought he had a one-way ticket to the finals...but then the producers did the most awesome thing.  They actually let the American voting public decide. 

Hip? Lib?  I am all about being a Canadian....because, although I no longer think AI is rigged, I certainly know our ACTUAL MEANINGFUL election system is an effing farce.  But, I heard Canadian Idol sucks....so....
;)

PogoCrazyMomma

Foxx love the siggy , I did have doubts that chris would actually win but think he should of made top 3 or two, kat should have gone home, votes must have been close though and I would think she will go home next, but you never know, I would say that elliot will win but americans can be idiots(just look at kat still in it) and who knows how they will vote!!! as far as it being a sham I am just PO'd and know that probably most people thought he would sail past and didn't compulsively vote, myself included (i get sleepy after 10) yes, I was bad. some weeks I called hundreds of times, but not as much this week but to hell with idol for him he is better off owning his own music, instead of AI basically owning him, that's the only downfall of winning idol that you are bound by their contract and have to do what they want, which to me sucks for whoever wins, they all have had enough exposure to go on in whatever they choose, but the winner has to do what idol wants them to do.  wonder how much of a cut they get out of whatever the winner makes???

foxx

Quote from: PogoCrazyMomma on May 11, 2006, 07:00:36 AM
Foxx love the siggy , I did have doubts that chris would actually win but think he should of made top 3 or two, kat should have gone home, votes must have been close though and I would think she will go home next, but you never know, I would say that elliot will win but americans can be idiots(just look at kat still in it) and who knows how they will vote!!! as far as it being a sham I am just PO'd and know that probably most people thought he would sail past and didn't compulsively vote, myself included (i get sleepy after 10) yes, I was bad. some weeks I called hundreds of times, but not as much this week but to hell with idol for him he is better off owning his own music, instead of AI basically owning him, that's the only downfall of winning idol that you are bound by their contract and have to do what they want, which to me sucks for whoever wins, they all have had enough exposure to go on in whatever they choose, but the winner has to do what idol wants them to do.  wonder how much of a cut they get out of whatever the winner makes???

I agree...the fans also got complacent.  I think that Chris is way better off.  I mean, can you really hear him singing "Puppies and Rainbows of Love" as the coronation song? NO.  Elliott, yes.  Even Kat, yes.  But the winner of this show is bound by a SEVEN year contract with AI/19E/BMG.  They realized they screwed up with Kelly Clarkson by only tying her to them for 18 months....so, really.  Chris is better off.

My little Elliott on the other hand....I think that the general public still has this "oh, but he looks like a troll" thing in their brain...and no producer would touch him with a ten-foot pole.  Tommy Matolla was rumored to be a fan, and he treated E like chit on Tuesday night.  He needs this.  Kat's scary parents will force someone into signing her...and Hicks is like 50, so he can just continue to tour with his band.

Quote from: IndianLover on May 11, 2006, 07:25:45 AM
Quote from: PogoCrazyMomma on May 11, 2006, 07:00:36 AM
but americans can be idiots

Ouch!!  :P

Um...she's right. That's no ouch.  In fact, exactly 51% of Americans are morons.

foxx

Obsessed much, Foxx?  Heh.

So...found this little gem.  This is the moment when it was announced that Tickles and Elliott were top two. 

Elliott actually immediately went to the "oh, Kat and Chris are in the bottom!  I must show them some love" place and Hicks said "woo".  Tickles, you must go.   Oh, and I so heart Elliott more now. 

ClingFree

Well, now that Im done crying over Chris being gone ... Let me say - I would have loved to see him in the Finals .. but I completely agree that he will go far, and do well.  AI got him noticed, got his face/voice/name out into the spotlight in a way he probably couldn't have without the show. That being said .. a 7 year contract with them is a pretty damn long time. I think his fans got a lil too comfy, and stopped voting like they should have.

Now - let me say (Again) Im going to make Foxx and Tiger proud and vote my azz off for Elliott. I talked to Ma this am who said she just doesnt like Elliott. I made her promise to listen to him next time with her eyes closed so that she could hear how great his voice is instead of focusing on his mouth (Yeah, he's a cutie but we all admit his teeth are rough - just adds character if ya ask me)

krispy

i have never watched his mouth when he sings, so i never noticed his teeth.  ;D

after last night, anything could happen now.

Tara

Quote from: foxx on May 11, 2006, 08:16:38 AM
Obsessed much, Foxx?  Heh.

So...found this little gem.  This is the moment when it was announced that Tickles and Elliott were top two. 

Elliott actually immediately went to the "oh, Kat and Chris are in the bottom!  I must show them some love" place and Hicks said "woo".  Tickles, you must go.   Oh, and I so heart Elliott more now. 

LMAO !!!    I see Taylor in his assuming posistion !!!  Or would that be consuming posistion?

tigereyes

Quote from: ClingFree on May 11, 2006, 08:24:28 AM
Well, now that Im done crying over Chris being gone ... Let me say - I would have loved to see him in the Finals .. but I completely agree that he will go far, and do well.  AI got him noticed, got his face/voice/name out into the spotlight in a way he probably couldn't have without the show. That being said .. a 7 year contract with them is a pretty damn long time. I think his fans got a lil too comfy, and stopped voting like they should have.

Now - let me say (Again) Im going to make Foxx and Tiger proud and vote my azz off for Elliott. I talked to Ma this am who said she just doesnt like Elliott. I made her promise to listen to him next time with her eyes closed so that she could hear how great his voice is instead of focusing on his mouth (Yeah, he's a cutie but we all admit his teeth are rough - just adds character if ya ask me)

Thank you Cling! I never really paid much attention to his teeth. I think he's still a cutie.

foxx

Tiger...I love the new addition to the siggy.  I may have to steal it.

:D

tigereyes

foxx

Quote from: Tigereyes on May 11, 2006, 11:09:31 AM
Go ahead Foxx. You can find more at internetbumperstickers.com.

Sweet.  I just like the attitude of it.  It's good stuff.

Libra

Quote from: foxx on May 11, 2006, 10:56:12 AM

I had that in my favorite saying for the longest time on Pogo. It was like an invitation for friggin' morons to argue with me. 

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 11, 2006, 11:14:16 AM
Quote from: foxx on May 11, 2006, 10:56:12 AM

I had that in my favorite saying for the longest time on Pogo. It was like an invitation for friggin' morons to argue with me. 

Chit.  I didn't think of that.  I hate talking to the pogo people so...bah.

ClingFree

Libra

Quote from: ClingFree on May 12, 2006, 06:25:01 AM
Foxx was right on ... Heres a link about Chris' job offer from Fuel!

http://www.comcast.net/music/index.jsp?cat=MUSIC&fn=/2006/05/12/390127.html&cvqh=itn_doughtry

I saw that on the news this morning and near dropped my coffee.  I said, "Foxx predicted this EXACTLY!"   

I wonder if he'll take the offer.  He's still under contract with Idol, right?  How long is that contract?

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 12, 2006, 06:30:23 AM
Quote from: ClingFree on May 12, 2006, 06:25:01 AM
Foxx was right on ... Heres a link about Chris' job offer from Fuel!

http://www.comcast.net/music/index.jsp?cat=MUSIC&fn=/2006/05/12/390127.html&cvqh=itn_doughtry

I saw that on the news this morning and near dropped my coffee.  I said, "Foxx predicted this EXACTLY!"   

I wonder if he'll take the offer.  He's still under contract with Idol, right?  How long is that contract?

Now do you believe that I am the smartest girl in the world?  LOL...

It actually will work out well I think...AI contestants are signed to BMG...Which is also Fuel's label, conveniently.  Rumor has it that Fuel wants to buy out his contract with AI under the condition that Fuel signs a new long term contract with BMG.  So the powers that be will still get their cash cow (Chris) and under the best possible scenario. 

Its good stuff.  He's so much better off..."Chris Daughtry, the Solo album" was not gonna fly, and there is no way that they would have let him sign with them had he actually won. 

shoes

I too was quite suprised to see that Chris was voted off.  But to the person that said that Taylor was 50 -- that is not true, there is an age limit on AI!!  Just because he is grey does not mean he is OLD!!  Chris will do fine now that he is off. Elliott will be fine without AI!!  Kat maybe someone will take pity on her.  Taylor will never be what AI is looking for but he gets my vote each week and that will continue as I think he is so cute!!  But E will win as the makers of AI will be able to mold him into what they want him to be!!!  Taylor will never change who he is!!  And that is what I love about him the most!!

foxx

Yeah, okay.

So anywho...

Jacob at TWoP gets so much love from me today.  For lots of reasons, but mostly for this sentence:

"Your Top Three: Elliott, Taylor, and Katharine. Remember, America will always get the Pickler it deserves, even if the Pickler it deserves is a gray-haired drunken lawyer, in this case. "

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview