PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 11:21:14 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

As I stated in my newsletter from today (over in the Hijack thread), a current rumor (oddly enough started for a Fox/AI employee) stated that Chris wasn't actually voted off but because his band signed to a record label (which is a violation of AI rules), they eliminated him this week instead of directly kicking him off. This employee (which I'm sure you can read about if you Google the news or something) said he wasn't in the bottom two (didn't say who the other person should have been). Who knows if this is just a rumor or a fact (I couldn't find anything on Yahoo! about it) but if it's a fact... that's just the way the ball bounces.

Sadly, on an AI related note: It appears... and this sucks to say it... Taylor Hicks is now the odds on favorite to win. PennacleSports.com (the first company to open wagering on the reality show) has Hicks listed as a 5/8 favorite (win $5 for every $8 bet) followed by Katherine McPhee @ 5/2 and Elliott Yamin @ 5/1. Just thought I'd pass this along. Time to get those phones working to keep your favorite on the show.

foxx

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 12, 2006, 10:51:35 AM
As I stated in my newsletter from today (over in the Hijack thread), a current rumor (oddly enough started for a Fox/AI employee) stated that Chris wasn't actually voted off but because his band signed to a record label (which is a violation of AI rules), they eliminated him this week instead of directly kicking him off. This employee (which I'm sure you can read about if you Google the news or something) said he wasn't in the bottom two (didn't say who the other person should have been). Who knows if this is just a rumor or a fact (I couldn't find anything on Yahoo! about it) but if it's a fact... that's just the way the ball bounces.

Sadly, on an AI related note: It appears... and this sucks to say it... Taylor Hicks is now the odds on favorite to win. PennacleSports.com (the first company to open wagering on the reality show) has Hicks listed as a 5/8 favorite (win $5 for every $8 bet) followed by Katherine McPhee @ 5/2 and Elliott Yamin @ 5/1. Just thought I'd pass this along. Time to get those phones working to keep your favorite on the show.

Elliott was at 46/1 two weeks ago...so... AWESOME! 

tigereyes

After May 9th show, Taylor Hicks in the lead. Chris voted off. The voting results chart below was posted the morning of May 10, eight hours before the voting results show aired (as seen in the LA Times).

Looks like the majority wants Taylor to win.. don't know why.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tigereyes on May 12, 2006, 01:34:24 PM
After May 9th show, Taylor Hicks in the lead. Chris voted off. The voting results chart below was posted the morning of May 10, eight hours before the voting results show aired (as seen in the LA Times).

Thanks for the chart. They probably want him to win because then he'll be locked into an AI contract for a long period of time and won't be able to do his own "thing". Really, aside from Kelly and the one who won last season (I can never remember her name when I'm talking about her), the winners haven't faired well. Wait, what season are we on? If I knew what season this was, I wouldn't sound like a fool if I just said 66% of the winners have been successful. I know Ruben & Fantasia won but was there any other winners I forgot about? See, this is why I don't follow this show... the seasons aren't real seasons.

tigereyes

The first season winner was Kelly Clarkson, the second season winner was Ruben Studdard, third season winner was Fantasia Barrino, and fourth season winner was Carrie Underwood.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tigereyes on May 12, 2006, 01:42:54 PM
The first season winner was Kelly Clarkson, the second season winner was Ruben Studdard, third season winner was Fantasia Barrino, and fourth season winner was Carrie Underwood.

Sanks you. 50% so far success rate with Kelly being the most successful. Not too shabby.

tigereyes

Just like you said Saint, the only two that are actually doing good are Kelly and Carrie. You don't even hear about Ruben and Fantasia anymore. We don't even hear much about Justin Guarini, Clay Aiken, Diana Degarmo. I'm sure we won't hear much from Bo Bice either.

tigereyes

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 12, 2006, 01:46:03 PM
Quote from: Tigereyes on May 12, 2006, 01:42:54 PM

Sanks you. 50% so far success rate with Kelly being the most successful. Not too shabby.

Yeah, she's doing really good. The best one so far out of all the people that ever went on the show.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tigereyes on May 12, 2006, 01:54:03 PM
Just like you said Saint, the only two that are actually doing good are Kelly and Carrie. You don't even hear about Ruben and Fantasia anymore. We don't even hear much about Justin Guarini, Clay Aiken, Diana Degarmo. I'm sure we won't hear much from Bo Bice either.

I forgot about Bo but he's always playing on satellite radio and hosted a weekend countdown recently. He's another example of 1) recent exposure is good exposure & 2) winning isn't everything. Heck, look at Chris from this season's Idol. Already have a big time offer on the table waiting for him once the AI tour is over. You just never know.

tigereyes

That's true. I think it was you that mentioned about Fantasia being in a movie... so that will get her some more exposure. Chris has a great offer waiting for him. He will make some good money. I like Fuel too... so I know he will do good. I remember when he sang that song... it sounded like the original.

foxx

This is that Zabbasearch thing again.  Notice that they took the Cingular Logo off...because they threatened lawsuits!  It is a crock of chit.   According to every other source out there, the margin between Elliott and Taylor was tiny...with our boy E actually having the edge.  So, thank you for posting it...but Zabbasearch is evil.

I have some good links for you Tiger...I have to go retrieve them though.

tigereyes

Quote from: foxx on May 12, 2006, 04:15:36 PM

This is that Zabbasearch thing again.  Notice that they took the Cingular Logo off...because they threatened lawsuits!  It is a crock of chit.   According to every other source out there, the margin between Elliott and Taylor was tiny...with our boy E actually having the edge.  So, thank you for posting it...but Zabbasearch is evil.

I have some good links for you Tiger...I have to go retrieve them though.

Okay, I thought something wasn't right when it was showing Taylor in the lead. I've never heard of this Zabasearch before... but I came across this so I thought I'd post it.

Send me the links whenever you get a chance.

foxx

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KAMXK1BK

and

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0S8DBTC

...two interviews Elliott did with his hometown radio stations today...Enjoy! 

*oh, it takes you to a site, then you have to wait 45 seconds and then hit download...

tigereyes

Thank you foxx! I'm going to check them out now.

Bailey

A couple of pogo friends and I were having an AI discussion and one of them said Elliott had bad teeth and was ugly.  I told her I didn't think he was ugly and she shouldn't base her opinion solely on his teeth >:(.  Then she wanted to know why I was the only one allowed to have an opinion and I told her if she didn't like what I had to say not to bother talking to me.  Guess we aren't friends anymore, haven't talked to her since Wed. :o

foxx

Quote from: Bailey on May 13, 2006, 01:06:25 PM
A couple of pogo friends and I were having an AI discussion and one of them said Elliott had bad teeth and was ugly.  I told her I didn't think he was ugly and she shouldn't base her opinion solely on his teeth >:(.  Then she wanted to know why I was the only one allowed to have an opinion and I told her if she didn't like what I had to say not to bother talking to me.  Guess we aren't friends anymore, haven't talked to her since Wed. :o

Luckily, none of my friends or family even watch AI except for Mr. Foxx.  I can imagine a few friendships would end over my Elliott obsession too...Wtg Bailey!

Lost quite a few people over the 2004 Presidential Election, so I can understand how you feel!

GO E!

Tara

Foxxy?  Check this out. Tell me what you think.

I found it in a AI thread, telling people to vote like this.

http://www.killsometime.com/TextMessage.asp

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on May 13, 2006, 08:00:14 PM

I wonder if all I have to do is press "refresh" for it to send many times over. If so... I'm using it like there is no tomorrow on Tuesday night!

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 13, 2006, 08:04:12 PM

I wonder if all I have to do is press "refresh" for it to send many times over. If so... I'm using it like there is no tomorrow on Tuesday night!

What do you think about it?  Think it would work?  I guess I could try to send myself a text message and see what happens.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on May 13, 2006, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 13, 2006, 08:04:12 PM

What do you think about it?  Think it would work?  I guess I could try to send myself a text message and see what happens.

Can't hurt to try

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview