PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 04:54:21 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

pink

my once a month post lol-wtg tay tay, was rooting for him. I think was best idol yet with all the stars coming out. dion warwick sang beautiful, an meat head an price too lol. was smiling whole time :D  so nice to see so many fans of idol here.
peace out~pink

krispy

this idol finale show was good. it was nice to see some nods by some major artists this year in helping with the show. it was good to see taylor win. now he can be groomed a bit. it was still nice to see something refreshing and untraditional at times. all in all, this was a good season.

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 24, 2006, 07:11:53 PM
Tara!  I answered the phone all crazy-ass because I didn't recognize the number!  No one but you and the Boy and Ma knows the number, and you NEVER call, so I answered all crazy-assed and the like.  LMAO!

sorry.

Noone answered the phone.

triniqueen27

good show gals
see you around the thread ok :;'

Libra

Quote from: Tara on May 24, 2006, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 24, 2006, 07:11:53 PM
Tara!  I answered the phone all crazy-ass because I didn't recognize the number!  No one but you and the Boy and Ma knows the number, and you NEVER call, so I answered all crazy-assed and the like.  LMAO!

sorry.

Noone answered the phone.

I did, and you didn't hear. All I can say is THANK GOD!  You did NOT want to hear the way I answered it. 

Ok.. We're all good.

bobby

wow............ my pick actually won :P

Tara

foxx

Oh Gawd...Please don't cork the thread yet!  I have lots of stuff (yeah, I said it) to say and no time to write it right now (stupid work!)...

:'(

be back later for my recap...

Tara

Quote from: foxx on May 25, 2006, 06:01:12 AM
Oh Gawd...Please don't cork the thread yet!  I have lots of stuff (yeah, I said it) to say and no time to write it right now (stupid work!)...

:'(

be back later for my recap...

It's not getting corked. There is still things to be said and will be for awhile, plus if we are still here next year we will continue on  O0

Libra

SPECIAL EDITION!

Ok non-Taylor supporters, you can stop crying now.  What I have been trying to convince people of since the beginning of time when Adam and Eve were still runnin' around nekkie in the Garden of Eden was that it is better to NOT win American Idol than to take home the top prize.... Is official! A study found that past "non-winners" went on to more fame and fortune than their "winning" counterparts.  Additionally, it was noted that the winner is given no artistic freedom, or hardly any freedom at all for that matter, to do anything of their own choosing.  And this for a very, very long seven years.  The winner is basically a puppet in the hands of the producer, interviewing with people THEY want you to interview with, promoting things THEY want you to promote, singing songs THEY want you to sing, in short, they are told where to go, how to get there, what to wear, what to say, how to act, what to sing, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda ,yadda.  I can't stand the thought of my beautiful Chris or my sweetie Elliott being molded in to some gag inducing, modern day version of Shawn Cassidy.  Ick!  So, all you Katharine fans, all you Chris fans, all you Elliott fans, and yes, even you Hippo, the only Pickle fan out there, can rejoice in knowing that your Idols are all going to be just fine, and a lot happier that they did not "win."

Up next: Foxx's recap.  It's sure to be the best yet!  O0  (no pressure!)

triniqueen27

what! were still talking in here :)) :)) :)) :))

SaintHiρρo

Homer

Taylor creeps me out in a mortician kind of way.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SaintHiρρo

Tracey

a bit of hair that she forgot to shave lol

foxx

Let me first say...after Tuesday night's Worst. Finale. Ever.  ....American Idol TOTALLY redeemed themselves...

BEST. RESULTS. SHOW. EVAH!

No filler, no stupid yapping by the judges...just non-stop awesomeness and hilarity. 

Carrie Underwood.  Now I remember why last year was the worst season ever.  Mr. Foxx and I were discussing this while she was singing...so I am not sure if she was good or not...my guess is no.  Anywho...last year I loved Nikko, Anwar and Nadia...and they all left way too early.  When my favorite(s) leave, I tend to stop paying attention...so yeah, Carrie?  Meh.  The current Country music scene is such a crapfest.  Ick.

You know, my life was feeling very incomplete.  So thank Gawd they brought back the effing O'Donahue twins to host Taylor's Hometown Party.  Heh.

Princess Frickin P:  You effing rock.  If there had to be a female in the finale, it so should have been her.  She looked fantastic and wow, that voice.  What the eff is wrong with Al Jarreau?  I know he's old, but geez.  He sounded like a wounded duck.  They should have let her sing by herself.  That skat was effing awesome.

WHICH ONE IS CHRIS?  Ew.  Creepy. Two bald dudes and a bad, bad song.  Didn't Live used to not suck?  I distinctly remember liking them a lot my freshman year of college.  One of the few things I remember from that year, but I digress.  Anywho, really bad song...and poor Chris got drowned out.  I guess Ed Kowalicfrick has an ego.

EFFING PICKLES.  Gawd.  You are the dumbest thing to ever be on my television. I hate you. Fast Forward.

Ew.  Kat...run away as fast as you effing can...I know you will get bruises from the McTatas smacking you in the face, but for the love of everything good and holy....RUN!  Meatloaf takes the prize for the creepiest weirdo on the planet.  When I heard they were singing together, I was praying for a little "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"...now I am just praying for him to STOP SINGING!  She made him look like an amateur....and I don't think she's that good.  Yeah, you should retire now, dude.

The awards thing?  Kinda lame but high on hilarity.  I have bronchitis, so when I laugh I kinda sound like a 65 year old trucker...Mr. Foxx got a good kick out of that....We did remember though, why we have stopped watching the audition rounds.  Although the clips they showed were funny; two weeks of that is not.  Frickin producers...why in the hell did they let some of these morons through to Hollywood?  Gawd.

The guys?  Hot.  That was the best thing so far.  Mr. Foxx decided that Ace should totally sing backup on Elliott's album because they sounded so fantastic together...Bucky and Chris were a great Layne Staley/Jerry Cantrell kinda duo too...Just get rid of Chicken Little and that would have been the highlight of the season for me.  Seriously.  Elliott?  Hottest thing Evah.  Loved the suit, love the voice....love that boy.  And yes, Lib.  I did notice how big his feet are.  Hee!   I know we have been big on the Taylor hate, but I am over that.  The harmonica kinda clinched it for me.  That rocked. Really.

How effing cute is Mama Yamin?  I want to just wrap her up in a blankie and take her home with me.  Mostly because I know Elliott would show up to retrieve her, but gawd, she is an awesome mama.  Oh, and that was Elliott's G-friend sitting next to her.  I am so much cuter. Heh.

When Elliott sang the first line of "One", I literally almost fainted.  *swoon* Why oh why couldn't you have sang that last week?  You would have won this effer!  I know, I know...Its better that he finished third.  My brain knows this.  Anywho, I've changed my mind.  THIS is the highlight of the season.  I love me some Mary J.  I love me some Elliott.  And I love me some "One".  I wish she wouldn't have been such a lyric hog and he had gotten to sing more...but nonetheless...the mp3 is playing on repeat...All.  Day. Long. 

Carrie Underwood again?  Okay...Fast forward...

Braxton/Hicks...did they not realize this was a funny name for a duet?  Heh.  Anyway...what the eff is wrong with her?  Was her mic effed up?  Was she effed up?  I have a feeling she was hanging out with Pauler before the show.  Oh, and last time I checked, In the Ghetto was not a love song.  So stop looking at Taylor that way. 

Mandisa and her backup singers...oh, I mean...the Girls' turn to sing.  They were pretty awesome too.  They didn't touch the guys in talent this year though.  Man, that Mandisa can belt a song.  Too bad she chose that chitty Country song that week...I would have liked for her to hang around longer.  She would make a fantastic back-up singer for AI, ya know?  She could hang out with Donny Hathaway's daughter, Kenya.  That would be awesome. 

More Pickler.  Great.  Although, I didn't fast-forward quick enough...and actually found my self laughing hysterically at her fear of the lobster.  I still believe she faked the stupid all season long, but that?  That was so not fake.  Just funny.  Okay Pickles.  That was officially the first time I didn't want to merder you.  Don't get used to it.

Oh. My. God.  As soon as they let that fake Clay start singing, I started screaming at the TeeVee..."Ohmygod, Clay is coming out from behind that wall!  Tara is going to DIE"  ...and then he appeared.  Fan-frickin-tastic.  But why in the hell did they not kill the fake-clay's mic?  Thank gawd Clay has more power to his voice than ten men combined; he mostly drowned that kid out...omg.  Clay.  Yay!

Group sing...with Mr. Burt Bacharach!  Love him.  This is the portion of the program where I started praying that Elliott would sing "This Guy's in Love with You".  Mike Patton (formerly of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, etc.) sang a version of that song that to this day makes me swoon everytime I hear it.  Alas...it wasn't meant to be.  But "A House is not a Home" was definitely still the highlight of the group sing.  Paris' "Close to You" was a close second.  Those two should kill off the other 10 and just go on tour by themselves.  Seriously.  Although, chit!  I almost forgot about Bucky!  I forget what song he sang here, but he was effing awesome! 

WTF?  PRINCE?  HOLY CHIT!  Man.  He is just the best thing ever.  The range, the style, the moves.  Gawd.  I cannot believe he actually graced the stage of cheese.  The universe just imploded.  It had to of.  There is no other explanation.

Oh, and then Taylor wins.  Yeah, whatever. 

I have to say....as much as I loved seasons 1 and 2...This was the best season of AI yet!  It makes me so sad that I have to wait 6 more months before its back.  Oh, well...

Oh, and Mr. Foxx agreed to go to the Idols Live show when it comes to the burgh.  Must. Get. Tickets.  I cannot believe it.  He did make me swear I would never tell any of his friends though.  Hee! 

<the end>

Tara

Quote from: foxx on May 25, 2006, 08:40:27 AM
Oh. My. God.  As soon as they let that fake Clay start singing, I started screaming at the TeeVee..."Ohmygod, Clay is coming out from behind that wall!  Tara is going to DIE"  ...and then he appeared.  Fan-frickin-tastic.  But why in the hell did they not kill the fake-clay's mic?  Thank gawd Clay has more power to his voice than ten men combined; he mostly drowned that kid out...omg.  Clay.  Yay!

Group sing...with Mr. Burt Bacharach!  Love him.  This is the portion of the program where I started praying that Elliott would sing "This Guy's in Love with You".  Mike Patton (formerly of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, etc.) sang a version of that song that to this day makes me swoon everytime I hear it.  Alas...it wasn't meant to be.  But "A House is not a Home" was definitely still the highlight of the group sing.  Paris' "Close to You" was a close second.  Those two should kill off the other 10 and just go on tour by themselves.  Seriously.  Although, chit!  I almost forgot about Bucky!  I forget what song he sang here, but he was effing awesome! 

You were exactly right, about me and the Clay thing and if you scroll back in here to where Clay came out I also mentioned you   :-* Clay was the best part for me, I have watched him today probably 20 times now. I can watch it without  :'(  now...LOL   The Burt group song was my 2nd favorite part of the show. Bucky sang, Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.  I also loved Melissa and Ace singing together. 

Libra

Quote from: Homer on May 25, 2006, 08:30:49 AM
Taylor creeps me out in a mortician kind of way.

Ew!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!  He looks like Eddie Munster!  

Ok, so a LOT of Taylor's family is in South Florida... It's madness down here. I can't escape it.  I'm going crazy. I'm moving to Instanbul.  

Tara

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview