PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 04:59:54 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

krispy

Quote from: Tara on May 25, 2006, 08:49:21 AM
Quote from: krispy on May 25, 2006, 08:37:05 AM
could they possibly have found a more unflattering picture of kat?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060525.widol0525/BNStory/Entertainment/Music/

Not really but I am sure you can find something worse.

probably, but not really worth the time.   :)

Blu

Mr Foxx is going to the AI tour? LMMFAO.....only 4 types of guys would go to that. 1...gay guys. 2...straight guys trying to get some from a chick so he buys her  a ticket. 3...Dads taking kids. 4...poor Mr. Foxx

Tara

Quote from: BluRaven on May 25, 2006, 08:54:47 AM
Mr Foxx is going to the AI tour? LMMFAO.....only 4 types of guys would go to that. 1...gay guys. 2...straight guys trying to get some from a chick so he buys her  a ticket. 3...Dads taking kids. 4...poor Mr. Foxx

Thats not true !!!  I feel if thats something Foxx wants to do, he should want to go with her. I am sure shes went places with him that she really didn't care to go.  It's a 50/50  thing !!  I think its awesome hes going with you. He may not want to go but he knows she wants to.  O0

Libra

Quote from: foxx on May 25, 2006, 08:40:27 AM
Let me first say...after Tuesday night's Worst. Finale. Ever.  ....American Idol TOTALLY redeemed themselves...

BEST. RESULTS. SHOW. EVAH!

No filler, no stupid yapping by the judges...just non-stop awesomeness and hilarity. 

Carrie Underwood.  Now I remember why last year was the worst season ever.  Mr. Foxx and I were discussing this while she was singing...so I am not sure if she was good or not...my guess is no.  Anywho...last year I loved Nikko, Anwar and Nadia...and they all left way too early.  When my favorite(s) leave, I tend to stop paying attention...so yeah, Carrie?  Meh.  The current Country music scene is such a crapfest.  Ick.

You know, my life was feeling very incomplete.  So thank Gawd they brought back the effing O'Donahue twins to host Taylor's Hometown Party.  Heh.

Princess Frickin P:  You effing rock.  If there had to be a female in the finale, it so should have been her.  She looked fantastic and wow, that voice.  What the eff is wrong with Al Jarreau?  I know he's old, but geez.  He sounded like a wounded duck.  They should have let her sing by herself.  That skat was effing awesome.

WHICH ONE IS CHRIS?  Ew.  Creepy. Two bald dudes and a bad, bad song.  Didn't Live used to not suck?  I distinctly remember liking them a lot my freshman year of college.  One of the few things I remember from that year, but I digress.  Anywho, really bad song...and poor Chris got drowned out.  I guess Ed Kowalicfrick has an ego.

EFFING PICKLES.  Gawd.  You are the dumbest thing to ever be on my television. I hate you. Fast Forward.

Ew.  Kat...run away as fast as you effing can...I know you will get bruises from the McTatas smacking you in the face, but for the love of everything good and holy....RUN!   Meatloaf takes the prize for the creepiest weirdo on the planet.  When I heard they were singing together, I was praying for a little "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"...now I am just praying for him to STOP SINGING!  She made him look like an amateur....and I don't think she's that good.  Yeah, you should retire now, dude.

The awards thing?  Kinda lame but high on hilarity.  I have bronchitis, so when I laugh I kinda sound like a 65 year old trucker...Mr. Foxx got a good kick out of that....We did remember though, why we have stopped watching the audition rounds.  Although the clips they showed were funny; two weeks of that is not.  Frickin producers...why in the hell did they let some of these morons through to Hollywood?  Gawd.

The guys?  Hot.  That was the best thing so far.  Mr. Foxx decided that Ace should totally sing backup on Elliott's album because they sounded so fantastic together...Bucky and Chris were a great Layne Staley/Jerry Cantrell kinda duo too...Just get rid of Chicken Little and that would have been the highlight of the season for me.  Seriously.  Elliott?  Hottest thing Evah.  Loved the suit, love the voice....love that boy.  And yes, Lib.  I did notice how big his feet are.  Hee!   I know we have been big on the Taylor hate, but I am over that.  The harmonica kinda clinched it for me.  That rocked. Really.

How effing cute is Mama Yamin?  I want to just wrap her up in a blankie and take her home with me.  Mostly because I know Elliott would show up to retrieve her, but gawd, she is an awesome mama.  Oh, and that was Elliott's G-friend sitting next to her.  I am so much cuter. Heh.

When Elliott sang the first line of "One", I literally almost fainted.  *swoon* Why oh why couldn't you have sang that last week?  You would have won this effer!  I know, I know...Its better that he finished third.  My brain knows this.  Anywho, I've changed my mind.  THIS is the highlight of the season.  I love me some Mary J.  I love me some Elliott.  And I love me some "One".  I wish she wouldn't have been such a lyric hog and he had gotten to sing more...but nonetheless...the mp3 is playing on repeat...All.  Day. Long. 

Carrie Underwood again?  Okay...Fast forward...

Braxton/Hicks...did they not realize this was a funny name for a duet?  Heh.  Anyway...what the eff is wrong with her?  Was her mic effed up?  Was she effed up?  I have a feeling she was hanging out with Pauler before the show.  Oh, and last time I checked, In the Ghetto was not a love song.  So stop looking at Taylor that way. 

Mandisa and her backup singers...oh, I mean...the Girls' turn to sing.  They were pretty awesome too.  They didn't touch the guys in talent this year though.  Man, that Mandisa can belt a song.  Too bad she chose that chitty Country song that week...I would have liked for her to hang around longer.  She would make a fantastic back-up singer for AI, ya know?  She could hang out with Donny Hathaway's daughter, Kenya.  That would be awesome. 

More Pickler.  Great.  Although, I didn't fast-forward quick enough...and actually found my self laughing hysterically at her fear of the lobster.  I still believe she faked the stupid all season long, but that?  That was so not fake.  Just funny.  Okay Pickles.  That was officially the first time I didn't want to merder you.  Don't get used to it.

Oh. My. God.  As soon as they let that fake Clay start singing, I started screaming at the TeeVee..."Ohmygod, Clay is coming out from behind that wall!  Tara is going to DIE"  ...and then he appeared.  Fan-frickin-tastic.  But why in the hell did they not kill the fake-clay's mic?  Thank gawd Clay has more power to his voice than ten men combined; he mostly drowned that kid out...omg.  Clay.  Yay!

Group sing...with Mr. Burt Bacharach!  Love him.  This is the portion of the program where I started praying that Elliott would sing "This Guy's in Love with You".  Mike Patton (formerly of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, etc.) sang a version of that song that to this day makes me swoon everytime I hear it.  Alas...it wasn't meant to be.  But "A House is not a Home" was definitely still the highlight of the group sing.  Paris' "Close to You" was a close second.  Those two should kill off the other 10 and just go on tour by themselves.  Seriously.  Although, chit!  I almost forgot about Bucky!  I forget what song he sang here, but he was effing awesome! 

WTF?  PRINCE?  HOLY CHIT!  Man.  He is just the best thing ever.  The range, the style, the moves.  Gawd.  I cannot believe he actually graced the stage of cheese.   The universe just imploded.  It had to of.  There is no other explanation.

Oh, and then Taylor wins.  Yeah, whatever. 

I have to say....as much as I loved seasons 1 and 2...This was the best season of AI yet!  It makes me so sad that I have to wait 6 more months before its back.  Oh, well...

Oh, and Mr. Foxx agreed to go to the Idols Live show when it comes to the burgh.  Must. Get. Tickets.  I cannot believe it.  He did make me swear I would never tell any of his friends though.  Hee! 

<the end>

BEST. RECAP. EVAH!  :D

I highlighted my favorite portions.

Ok.. No more tv until the fall!  Which means those 152 books sitting in the corner will finally get read and peace and quiet will return to my home.  And maybe I'll cut down my drinking from 4 nights a week to three.   :))

Blu

Confession...I'd go if someone paid....shhhh  :-X

krispy

Quote from: foxx on May 25, 2006, 08:40:27 AM
Let me first say...after Tuesday night's Worst. Finale. Ever.  ....American Idol TOTALLY redeemed themselves...

BEST. RESULTS. SHOW. EVAH!

Carrie Underwood.  Now I remember why last year was the worst season ever.  Mr. Foxx and I were discussing this while she was singing...so I am not sure if she was good or not...my guess is no.  Anywho...last year I loved Nikko, Anwar and Nadia...and they all left way too early.  When my favorite(s) leave, I tend to stop paying attention...so yeah, Carrie?  Meh.  The current Country music scene is such a crapfest.  Ick.

loved the review. the only thing i disagree about is ms. underwood. i agree that she was rather lackluster in the show last year.

i do feel she has had some training and with very good writers, she has achieved some well-deserved notoriety.

ClingFree

Quote from: BluRaven on May 25, 2006, 09:02:11 AM

Lmao .. Okay I was reading and held my comments until the end. Blu? You totally just redeemed yourself because I was getting ready to reply that I would totally marry the man who would suck it up and go to Idol Live with me. Not that we're talking marraige here, but the whole MrFoxx thing .. Anyways

Great recap as always Foxx.   I cannot believe I have to wait 6 more months for your amazing recaps!

Tara

I know your ass would. Would you go see Vonzie?  Huh tell the truth?

Libra

The boy would never go with me.  I would never ask him to.  He would, however, buy me and one of my g-friends tickets and send us on our merry way.  He doesn't drag me to crap I ain't interested in, so it works 50/50 with us, too... just the opposite way!

Libra

See previous post...  I'll let you know when we're going.   :))

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 25, 2006, 09:05:35 AM

The boy would never go with me.  I would never ask him to.  He would, however, buy me and one of my g-friends tickets and send us on our merry way.  He doesn't drag me to crap I ain't interested in, so it works 50/50 with us, too... just the opposite way!

I can understand that way also.

Blu

Quote from: Tara on May 25, 2006, 09:05:01 AM

I know your ass would. Would you go see Vonzie?  Huh tell the truth?

Sign me up if she' there.

Libra

foxx

LMAO...I know!  That's why he swore me to secrecy!  I have said it before, but I will say it again.  Best. Husband. Evah! 

Tee hee!  So should I count you in the #4 category? "Poor Mr. Foxx and Blu"?

Quote from: ClingFree on May 25, 2006, 09:04:44 AM

Lmao .. Okay I was reading and held my comments until the end. Blu? You totally just redeemed yourself because I was getting ready to reply that I would totally marry the man who would suck it up and go to Idol Live with me. Not that we're talking marraige here, but the whole MrFoxx thing .. Anyways

Great recap as always Foxx.   I cannot believe I have to wait 6 more months for your amazing recaps!

Aw!  Fanks punkie!   :-*

Quote from: SunnyLibra on May 25, 2006, 09:01:02 AM

BEST. RECAP. EVAH!  :D

I highlighted my favorite portions.

Ok.. No more tv until the fall!  Which means those 152 books sitting in the corner will finally get read and peace and quiet will return to my home.  And maybe I'll cut down my drinking from 4 nights a week to three.   :))

LMAO Lib...Thanks! 
...as for the drinking thing...Don't you dare!  I need a drinking buddy for the summer too!

foxx

Libra

OMG!!! That recaplet was HYSTERICAL! 

I'm gigglecrying over here! 

Jacob is dead on!  That show was one, giant exclamation point!  :))

I nearly burst a gut "man-troll" and "at the very edge of your coma!"   :)) :))

SaintHiρρo

Is the season over? I lost track. I'm sure this soon-to-be-cutie won AI:

She is my American Idol regardless of how the Bush-voting public voted!

Homer

Quote from: foxx on May 25, 2006, 10:34:32 AM
http://televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=89&story=9385

Oh my...Jacob's recaplet is hysterical! I can't wait for the 15 pager! Enjoy!

Separated at birth?

Elliot Bud Bundy

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Thats the best picture I have seen of Elliott. Not bad at all.

Nothing can compare to what I have though.  :o :o

Homer

Quote from: Tara on May 25, 2006, 02:19:44 PM
Thats the best picture I have seen of Elliott. Not bad at all.

Nothing can compare to what I have though.  :o :o

Nothing like waking up with a pillow soaked with drool. :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview