PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 07:32:44 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

foxx

Quote from: Tara on July 04, 2006, 09:31:17 PM
I sure wish I was going.  :'((

I betcha if you got your ass to Pittsburgh on July 27th...Mr. Foxx would give up his ticket....

;)

Tara

Katharine McPhee Calls in Sick
Thu Jul 6, 7:00 AM

The season five Idol runner-up was forced to skip the opening nights of the American Idols Live! tour due to "severe bronchitis and laryngitis," promoters announced just hours before the start of Wednesday's sold-out show in Manchester, New Hampshire.

E! Online "I am disappointed and I am sorry to disappoint my fans who will be attending the start of the American Idols Live tour," McPhee said in a written statement. However, she said, "I need to follow my doctor's orders to recuperate and reunite with the rest of the Idols."

The singer's doctor, Sean Nassari, prescribed "total voice rest."

"That's the most difficult part, not talking!" McPhee wrote.

The silenced songbird was also expected to miss Thursday's show. There was no word on whether she would be able to rejoin the other top 10 Idol contestants by Friday's show in Worcester, Massachusetts.

Though she may not be singing onstage, fans can catch McPhee on the radio.

Her first single, "Somewhere over the Rainbow," debuted at number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week, making her a runner-up in more ways than one to reigning Idol Taylor Hicks, whose first single, "Do I Make You Proud," debuted at number one.
Not that second place is all bad.

Assuming she gets her voice back, McPhee is slated to fill in as a guest host on The View on July 19, taking the seat left vacant by Star Jones Reynolds' abrupt departure.

She also recently auditioned for a role on HBO's Entourage as a love interest for Adrian Grenier's character, Vince Chase.

"It brought me back to the struggling-actress thing. [But] I wasn't quite as nervous," she told Teen People about the try-out.

In a candid interview last month, McPhee opened up about her lengthy battle with bulimia, revealing that she had been bingeing and purging for five years and only took control of her eating disorder after landing a spot on the talent search.

"That's why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadn't auditioned, I don't think I would have gotten a handle on food," she told People magazine.

tigereyes

'American Idol' Rocker Daughtry Signs Deal
Jul 10, 10:59 AM EST

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Coming in fourth place on "American Idol" isn't so bad. Chris Daughtry, who was voted off the Fox talent contest's fifth edition in an elimination round, has signed with music mogul Clive Davis in conjunction with 19 Recordings Unlimited, the label managed by "Idol" creator Simon Fuller, RCA Records announced Monday.

The 26-year-old North Carolina native will form a band "and has already begun to work with A-list collaborators" to write and record material for an album, expected to be released later this year.

Daughtry turned down an offer to be lead singer for the band Fuel last month. His raspy vocals can be heard on the "American Idol: Season Five" compilation CD, which features his popular cover of Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive."

IndianLover

Thanks for the info, tiger... I still say I wish he would have won. So i am sooooo excited to see that he is doing good for himself.

Tara

If you're a member of the I Hate Pickles then don't read any further.  :-X  This will make you wanna  :xx

Kellie Pickler Signs Deal, Sets Release Date

By Scott Ferguson

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

One minute you're trying to be the next American Idol and the next you have a country music deal, including a set release date for your first single and album. Welcome to the world of American Idol "loser" (which is kind of an oxymoron) Kellie Pickler. According to a press release reprinted by USA Today, who reports that Kellie Pickler's first CD will be released on November 14th with a single in September, "Season Five American Idol finalist Kellie Pickler has signed a record deal with 19 Recordings/BNA Records. BNA is a label under the SONY BMG Music Entertainment umbrella in Nashville, TN."

"The 20-year-old native of Albemarle, North Carolina, was an instant fan favorite with her quick, down-home wit and personality. Singing since "before she could talk," Kellie will have a single at country radio in September with her debut album coming on November 14. Currently on the American Idols Live! Tour 2006, Pickler will record the album in between tour dates."

Kellie Pickler was quoted in the statement and press release as saying, "I've always dreamed of getting a record deal so now my dream has come true! I'm really excited about making my first album and giving something back to the fans who supported me on American Idol."

The press release, reprinted on USA Today's website went on to detail the company response to Kellie Picker joining the team, with SONY BMG Chairman Joe Galante saying, "We are very excited to have signed Kellie. The recognition she received from Idol is a huge advantage in launching a new artist and her sense of humor and humility are endearing. It's not very often when someone with that personality and talent comes along and she will bring instant attention to her music and our format."

Kellie Pickler becomes the fourth American Idol contestant from this year alone to land a recording contract, following deals by Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry, and Katharine McPhee. Both Katharine McPhee and American Idol winner Taylor Hicks also have an album preparing to drop on November 14th - which can apparently be called American Idol day. The competition will be fierce. Although maybe it should be called American Idol season, as Clay Aiken's third album hits stores on September 19th, Ruben Studdard's smooth soul comes back for a third time on September 26th, and Fantasia Barrino's second album drops on October 17th. It's an American Idol world this fall.

[Additional Sources: USA Today, E Online]

foxx

Tara

foxx

Quote from: Tara on July 21, 2006, 08:25:41 AM
Can you believe they signed her?

No.  I thought she'd move on to being an annoyance on some talk show or something.  She sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Where is Elli's deal?  Why haven't I heard a formal announcement yet?   >:((

Tara

This is the first year that they have signed 4 people. Season 2 they signed 3.

Did you see Clay, Ruben, and Fantasia's will be all coming out the same time as Pickles?  GO CLAY!!!  :pp

foxx

Quote from: Tara on July 21, 2006, 08:31:03 AM
This is the first year that they have signed 4 people. Season 2 they signed 3.

Did you see Clay, Ruben, and Fantasia's will be all coming out the same time as Pickles?  GO CLAY!!!  :pp

lol...Hopefully he will have a little more creative control over this album... :D

Homer

Quote from: foxx on July 21, 2006, 08:27:41 AM

No.  I thought she'd move on to being an annoyance on some talk show or something.  She sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Who wants to hear a goat sing? :))) :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

foxx

Quote from: Homer on July 21, 2006, 08:36:51 AM
Quote from: foxx on July 21, 2006, 08:27:41 AM

Who wants to hear a goat sing? :))) :P

>:((   >>:D   >:(( 

Imma gonna get you.  One of these days, mister.  One of these days....  :)))

Monkey

I heard a rumor the other day that Pickles might replace Star Jones on 'The View'  :xx

Thank gawd I don't watch that show.

foxx

Quote from: Monkey on July 22, 2006, 10:27:30 AM
I heard a rumor the other day that Pickles might replace Star Jones on 'The View'  :xx

Thank gawd I don't watch that show.

That would be the perfect frickin place for her...I cannot stand any of those catty women...so I avoid it too, Monkey...

Tara

Kat is going to be doing a guest spot on it, but I haven't heard the Pickles rumor yet. I thought Pickles would do good on the new Pee Wee Herman show coming out. But yanno, what do I know.  :))

Tara

Auditions have already started and I saw some previews.  :D

Simon is starting yet another show on Fox before AI in January.

It's called something like "Singing with Duets".  The contestants sing with popular singers or something like that.

foxx

Quote from: Tara on August 10, 2006, 12:06:03 PM

It's called something like "Singing with Duets".  The contestants sing with popular singers or something like that.

Simon needs to stop making reality shows.  Please!

Kelly

Quote from: foxx on August 10, 2006, 12:07:14 PM
Quote from: Tara on August 10, 2006, 12:06:03 PM

Simon needs to stop making reality shows.  Please!

yeah I heard something like that too....hmmmm who thinks this show will make it?

not me....don't get me wrong I like Simon (sometimes...sometimes not)...but do we really need another show like this...besides I don't think Simon can carry a show alone...his popularity is because he is part of a good team....we'll have to wait n see i guess

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview