PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 01:33:56 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

My daughter said that Howard Stern is promoting Sanjaya (sp) and all his listeners are voting for him.  Anyone else hear this?

Jewel

Quote from: ABraveLady on March 20, 2007, 09:13:21 PM
My daughter said that Howard Stern is promoting Sanjaya (sp) and all his listeners are voting for him.  Anyone else hear this?

Yes, that is true.  There is an article at the mtv website about it.  It says in part:

Stern — a self-professed "Idol" junkie, much to the chagrin of his mostly male audience and buoyant sidekick, funnyman Artie Lange — has thrown his full support behind the 17-year-old finalist, considered by many to be this season's underdog. The mediocre Malakar has evoked comparisons to third-season hopeful William Hung, and each week, he finds himself accused of slaughtering yet another song.

And that's precisely why Stern would like to see Sanjaya assume the "Idol" title from the affable, salt-and-pepper-pelted Taylor Hicks. Of course Stern's espousal is largely disingenuous; after calling Malakar his "favorite contestant" recently, Stern confessed he'd like to see Sanjaya win because he's the least talented of this year's finalists.

Monkey

Dialidol has Sanjaya with the 5 highest amount of votes.

They say Haley , Gina, and Chris S. are the bottom 3.

Ms.Behavin

Quote from: Jewel on March 21, 2007, 12:17:00 AM
Quote from: ABraveLady on March 20, 2007, 09:13:21 PM

Yes, that is true.  There is an article at the mtv website about it.  It says in part:

Stern — a self-professed "Idol" junkie, much to the chagrin of his mostly male audience and buoyant sidekick, funnyman Artie Lange — has thrown his full support behind the 17-year-old finalist, considered by many to be this season's underdog. The mediocre Malakar has evoked comparisons to third-season hopeful William Hung, and each week, he finds himself accused of slaughtering yet another song.

And that's precisely why Stern would like to see Sanjaya assume the "Idol" title from the affable, salt-and-pepper-pelted Taylor Hicks. Of course Stern's espousal is largely disingenuous; after calling Malakar his "favorite contestant" recently, Stern confessed he'd like to see Sanjaya win because he's the least talented of this year's finalists.

Think I might have to drop Mr. Howard Stern a line. What a moron!~

gator8_24

Quote from: Monkey on March 21, 2007, 04:32:06 AM

Have to say Monkey, with all the chatter about your avatar and talk about this
sanjaya guy, I watched Idol for the first time last night. Ok tell me do you cry when he sings like the little girl? :)) I sure hope Howard is not successful, he is trying to make the show a joke. I had to agree with Simon's view about him and the girls crying but he said for different reasons lol  But I dod think the show is getting 'old' .

Monkey

Quote from: gator8 on March 21, 2007, 08:24:53 AM
Quote from: Monkey on March 21, 2007, 04:32:06 AM

Have to say Monkey, with all the chatter about your avatar and talk about this
sanjaya guy, I watched Idol for the first time last night. Ok tell me do you cry when he sings like the little girl? :)) I sure hope Howard is not successful, he is trying to make the show a joke. I had to agree with Simon's view about him and the girls crying but he said for different reasons lol  But I dod think the show is getting 'old' .

Sanjaya's the best  <.>

He's gonna win American Idol this year  <.>

gator8_24

Here's another blurb from TV Guide lol-
« Today's News: Our Take Idol Chatter: Who Was Sanjaya's Sobbing Superfan?Melinda Doolittle may have gotten raves from the judges, but the real star of American Idol this week was Ashley Ferl, the 13-year-old from Riverside, California, whose tears rolled as the cameras rolled. Ashley, who attended the taping with her mom and a teenage pal on Tuesday, could hardly contain her excitement when the 11 Idol finalists took the stage. When Sanjaya, one of the four Idols she told Ryan Seacrest she's rooting for, smiled in her direction during his performance of The Kinks' "You Really Got Me," Ashley wept uncontrollably, in front of 37 million viewers.

Then again, the pigtailed teen never expected to be in such close proximity to Idol's fledgling stars. Is it any wonder that she was overwhelmed?

According to producers, the Ferl family landed on Idol after snagging tickets to a taping of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. Soon after receiving the ducats, they realized that the package also included access to a rehearsal of either Idol or 5th Grader. Clearly, it wasn't a difficult decision. As fate would have it, producers took notice of Ashley when she began sobbing during Idol's pre-show. They swiftly invited the family to the final taping, where she again wept uncontrollably. And so, thanks to Idol, another star is born. — Reporting by Dana Meltzer Zepeda 

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800011247

Monkey

:( Poor Stephanie

It (Sangina) survived again  :@ Stephanie is a heck of a lot better than "it"  ::)

And am I the only one that sees a big resemblance between Fantasia and Stephanie?  ???

Tara

Stephanie is better than Haley and a few others.   I'm glad Chris R. didn't go. He was one of my favorites last night.  >:D

Chata *#$% up

Even William hung is more entertaining than Sanjaya. I mute the TV when they put him on.  ::

Tara

I know what you mean..I don't know how he made it so far...All he did last night was SCREAM!!

minniewinnie

omg, those pics of Sanjaya were hilarious!!  I'm a HUGE Idol fan and HE NEEDS to GOOOOOO!!!

gator8_24

OMG those pictures I esp like the extrememmakover one, looks better as a girl! :)) Tara love the new avatar!

Tara

Thank ya.... :)))

Heres the guys a avatar..lol  Sanjayas mom and sister...lol

Ms.Behavin

I thought I saw Antoileta in the audience last night. When they showed Chris's friend, she was there. I could be wrong though.

Tara

I think who you saw was Alaina sitting with Chris's friends. I could be wrong, but if I am..don't tell anyone.  :,

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview