PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 02:01:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

kandykitty20012

Sanjaya goes through again for another week....... :xx

Ms.Behavin

I am soooooooo done with this show. I have not watched in 3 weeks, and do not plan on it. This is Bull  !@#$  that SanGINA is still on the show.

Homer

Sanjaya is my hero.  :!$

Is anyone really surprised he is still around? Come on this nonsense started last year with Taylor Hicks. You can't tell me he was really the winner last year.

BRING BACK THE GONG SHOW!!!  :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

swamp

Darling SilverDodger

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA--(BREAKING NEWS) Sanjaya Malakar, the latest American hopeful destine to be this seasons "American Idol" winner has been exposed as a fraud. Audiences had to endure total degradation of music and good taste due to his weak & frail singing and let's not forget that hair, but, the numbers from his fan base kept the wonder kid going week after.

There seemed to be no stopping this locomotive from Hell, until a call came into American Idol show switchboard last night with news which will ultimately call for an investigation into fraud and a possible arrest.

Melvin Fink, a Seattle Verizon routing technician, while performing a daily trunk monitoring procedure, noticed a spike coming in from a land line satellite back up site piped in from Canada.

This exterior fiber-optic line originates from a satellite dish located in the wilderness of Vancouver about 10 miles away at the Golden Ears Provincial Tech Park relay station & is used in case of dish malfunction or maintenance on the US side.

"I called our counter parts in Canada to ask about the unusual streaming coming through the pipe", explains Melvin, "Their equipment could not detect any irregularities. So I hung up and called Verizon security. They investigated by following the under & over ground line path with the help of a chopper and a ground patrol car."

"About ten miles from the US/Canadian border in the small town of Lynden, along route 539, on Kok Rd. is an industrial park, Security noticed linemen working on a pole in an unmarked black van. Lynden Sheriff department was radioed to come and investigate."

"Upon arrival the suspects attempted to run, but, were quickly out numbered by the show of force, Fink continues, "That's when Seattle authorities made a shocking discovery. The two men were Al-Qaeda members dressed as Verizon employees. Sophisticated telecommunication devices were found inside the van along with a banner that read, "Long Live Sanjaya Malakar". They called me back with the information which I passed on to "American Idol" staff."

The sleeper cell captured in Washington state blows the lid off this suspicious voting pattern emanating from that northwest area. Department of Homeland Security has taken over the investigation and has arrested, Sanjaya Malakar for questioning to the delight of American Idol fans and roosters all around the world.

Authorities announced there will be more arrest to come in this case.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Darling SilverDodger

From The TimesMarch 29, 2007

Why worst crooner's voice may topple American Idol
Chris Ayres in Los Angeles

He has inspired a hunger strike, spawned dozens of television spoofs, appalled music snobs, reduced a child to tears and been adopted by the shock DJ Howard Stern. And now it is feared that Sanjaya Malakar, 17 a contestant on American Idol, may help to bring down one of the most profitable franchises in history.

Although the show's producers have long encouraged performers of dubious talent to audition for the show, they are usually voted out long before the contestants are whittled down to the final ten.

This year, however, with American Idol's ratings down by about 10 per cent, and fans complaining of a lack of talent, Sanjay — the shy, androgynous and elaborately coiffeured son of a classical Indian musician from Seattle — has found himself a serious contender to win, largely thanks to a subversive campaign to "vote for the worst".

If Sanjaya does win, critics argue that the show will never be taken seriously again. Simon Cowell, Idol's judge, has already threatened to quit if Sanjaya wins the contest.

It would be hard to underestimate the effect of Idol's decline on American popular culture and the music industry. Not since The Ed Sullivan Show, which ran from 1948 to 1971 and introduced the nation's youth to Elvis Presley and the Beatles, has a television show managed to dictate musical tastes so effectively.

Yet the producers of Idolalso run a music factory as ruthless and effective as Berry Gordy's Motown — and have sold 20 million CDs since the show was first aired in 2002.

USA Today calculated that Idol makes about $900 million (£576 million) a year from sales of adverts, albums, merchandise and concert tickets. Many of the show's contestants have gone on to win Grammy awards, one even an Oscar. Votes cast during last year's show topped one billion, with contestants in the final ten getting more votes than presidential candidates.

One explanation for Sanjaya's success is Stern, who has repeatedly promoted Sanjaya and the website votefortheworst.com to his six million listeners. The website features an image of Sanjaya doing his trademark hula-dance and a plea for votes.

Publicity for Sanjaya just keeps growing: a 23-year-old blogger from New York has gone on hunger strike to protest against the singer's continued appearance on the show, while Idol producers ridiculed his fans by focusing repeatedly on a bawling 13-year-old girl with blonde pigtails in the studio audience. She became a celebrity overnight.

Critics fear that Sanjaya's appearance in the contest's final stage may be the moment Idol "jumps the shark", an expression derived from a scene in the sitcom Happy Days when the character Fonzie jumps over a shark while water skiing. This is regarded as the moment the show began its decline towards cancellation.

Although the show is top of the ratings, drawing an audience of almost 30 million, it was beaten recently by the drama Grey's Anatomy. Nigel Lythgoe, Idol's British executive producer, admitted this week: "To be honest about it, people are saying this is not our greatest year for talent. I don't necessarily agree with them."
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Chata *#$% up

I wish the story on him being a fraud was true........... Sigh ... :'((  :%#  :^  :{:  !@#$ Down with Sanjaya and Howard Stern  >:((  :///  :=  :o0  :xx  >:(

Monkey

Sanjaya's gonna go this week.

I know it.   :&

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on April 17, 2007, 09:54:53 AM

He's gonna go where?  Back to the couch tomorrow night?  :))

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2007, 12:09:03 PM
Quote from: Monkey on April 17, 2007, 09:54:53 AM

He's gonna go where?  Back to the couch tomorrow night?  :))

He's gonna go home  >:D

Homer

Homer

Taylor Hicks played a 3000 seat venue here and barely sold 1,000 tickets. Some idol huh?  :)))

Tara

Quote from: Homer on April 17, 2007, 02:19:09 PM
Taylor Hicks played a 3000 seat venue here and barely sold 1,000 tickets. Some idol huh?  :)))

He didn't come close to selling out here either.

Homer

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2007, 02:20:25 PM
Quote from: Homer on April 17, 2007, 02:19:09 PM

He didn't come close to selling out here either.

That's because he sucks  :o0

Tara

Tara

gator8_24

Monkey

Great theme  :xx

Phil's first. Thank gawd. Get the worst over with  :D

Homer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview