PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 12:05:41 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

Some of them do better than the winners of AI.  I have a feeling your David will be doing just great whether he wins  tomorrow nite or not!   :-{

~Sassy~

David Cook will do just fine, don't worry about this young man. But he will be tied to American Idol forever, he owes them big time! Clive Davis will secure both of their futures, trust me. The judges do not buy the records, the american public does. We would probably never have known about either David or their amazing singing ability if not for American Idol. Two amazing talents, two different genres and both of their futures are set. The music world is there for their taking. 

gator8_24

David A has a 'breathy' sounding voice so I think he sounds the same in all songs.  Has he ever attempted a rock song or just mostly ballads?

denadatoday

Quote from: Tara on May 20, 2008, 05:44:40 PM

The judges just don't like my David.  girls18.gif

No kidding, Simon must be on crack.  He needs a good butt-whippin' for what he did to David Cook last night.  Cookie was brilliant and totally got thrown under the bus in the midst of the Gaspuleta pimpage.

Tara

On Leno the other night, Simon said he thought David Cook should win.  I wasn't even going to watch tonight until I saw this!!!  I do want David Cook to win, but then again I think he would be better off he didn't win. I was a huge Bo Bice fan, but I didn't want him to win. I wish David Cook could win, and then tell David A he can have it..LOL  Does that make sense?  :)))

The Davids do sing different types of music, and they can both sing. I just like what my David sings better than all that mushy ballad stuff from someone who looks 10 years old.

Monkey

David Cook will definitely be winning. He has far more fans than Archuleta does. People have gotten sick and tired of David A.'s ballads every single week.

Mistyeyed

im sick of the whole show..thank god it ends tonight..

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on May 21, 2008, 12:53:32 PM
David Cook will definitely be winning. He has far more fans than Archuleta does. People have gotten sick and tired of David A.'s ballads every single week.

Are you excited you will get to see Carly tonight?  :)) :))

Monkey

~Sassy~

Quote from: Squid on May 21, 2008, 03:02:37 PM
:))  :))  :))

I think Simon was out of order.  They BOTH sang great but Archie sounds the same EVERY time with EVERY song.  Cookie was challenged many times during the competition by being forced to sing outside his comfort zone - and he succeeded.  Archie sang ballads every week.  He never sang country, never sang rock, never sang blues, never sang anything but ballads with that throaty breathlessness of his.  He has talent, yes, but is not nearly as versatile as Cookie Monster.
Well David A, doesn't stand a chance of singing any way but the way his Dad wants!  >:D I am hoping he gets away from this uhhh never mind I can't say that. But he needs time to grow and mature and stop singing for his supper. The kid has got a few moves but he is scared to come out that zone.

Tara

I just saw a promo commercial for tonight. They said Carrie Underwear and George Michael will be there...I sure hope they have more people than those two. They year Prince was in the finale was the best finale show ever! They had all kinds of awesome surprises that night!

IndianLover

I so want Cook to win I cannot even remember how many times I voted. If he doesn't I swear after Chris not winning last time I dont know If I want to watch the show anymore  :)))

I want who I VOTED for to win geez lol. Boy I am demanding huh lmao.

Monkey

LMFAO @ Syesha being the only singer in booty shorts.  :)) :))  :ll

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on May 21, 2008, 05:14:00 PM
LMFAO @ Syesha being the only singer in booty shorts.  :)) :))  :ll

I think she looks good.  This Guru stuff is stupid though.

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on May 21, 2008, 05:15:13 PM
I think she looks good.  This Guru stuff is stupid though.
She looks good, but it's just funny how she's been acting more and more provocative by the week.

Flirting with the band, working a chair, doing the whole lying down on the piano thing...

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on May 21, 2008, 05:28:13 PM
She looks good, but it's just funny how she's been acting more and more provocative by the week.

Flirting with the band, working a chair, doing the whole lying down on the piano thing...

Sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do for some votes..lol

Oh they are going to give them a car...Do you think David A can drive? LMAO  Ryan asked him if he had a license.  :)) :)) :))  I'm sure his Dad owns that vehicle now.  :)))

Tara

You know David Cook is loving singing  and playing with ZZ top.

CindyLouWho

Wow wonder who got the most?    :-{

`American Idol': Vote wasn't even close

May 21, 8:37 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The "American Idol" finale is under way in Los Angeles with a startling revelation: the contest between David Archuleta and David Cook wasn't even close.

With a record 97.5 million audience votes cast by phone and text, the split between the two contestants was 56 percent for one David and 44 percent for the other, host Ryan Seacrest announced at the start of the show.

Seacrest, of course, left in question who got the lion's share; that detail wouldn't come until the closing moments of the two-hour live broadcast.

In the meantime, viewers got songs from runners-up including Syesha Mercado, who dueted with Seal on his song "Waiting for You," and a solo on "Hallelujah" by dreadlocked Jason Castro.

IndianLover

OMG ZZ topp that was just Cook's style melted me

Tara

Quote from: CindyLouWho on May 21, 2008, 05:58:20 PM
Wow wonder who got the most?    :-{

`American Idol': Vote wasn't even close

May 21, 8:37 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The "American Idol" finale is under way in Los Angeles with a startling revelation: the contest between David Archuleta and David Cook wasn't even close.

With a record 97.5 million audience votes cast by phone and text, the split between the two contestants was 56 percent for one David and 44 percent for the other, host Ryan Seacrest announced at the start of the show.

Seacrest, of course, left in question who got the lion's share; that detail wouldn't come until the closing moments of the two-hour live broadcast.

In the meantime, viewers got songs from runners-up including Syesha Mercado, who dueted with Seal on his song "Waiting for You," and a solo on "Hallelujah" by dreadlocked Jason Castro.

They are fast on getting things in the media..lol

Quote from: IndianLover on May 21, 2008, 05:59:31 PM
OMG ZZ topp that was just Cook's style melted me

Are you in love?  :)))   

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview