PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:52:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

I'm glad that one Diva went home.  She was just nasty.

Tara

Tara

Two of my favorite guys made it through.  cheerleading.gif

I wish I would of remembered their names.  bad mood.gif They are the two that are friends and they both sang at the beginning of the show. They were in the group together last week and were awesome.

Monkey

Me thinks that Tatiana and Norman Gentle are only being kept around for entertainment.  zipper.gif

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on February 10, 2009, 10:26:52 PM
Me thinks that Tatiana and Norman Gentle are only being kept around for entertainment.  zipper.gif

LOL Maybe their going to have a shomance.  hysterical.gif  Both of them are a total hot mess.

Tara

Danny Gokey   inlove1.gif  Danny gave his friend a compliment before taking the stage and doing LeeAnn Womack's "I Hope You Dance." He got Paula to jump out of her chair, so that's probably a good sign.  He could get me to jump out of my chair in a heartbeat. There's something about him that turns me on. Don't tell Homer giggle2.gif

Tatiana Del Toro has already established a heck of a personality and become notorious for always trying to squeeze in a few lines of extra songs in after the judges have told her she hadn't met their expectations. (Her song count, through three auditions, was at eight).

There was a bit of drama in which the judges had put Tatiana in one room, but when the numbers didn't line up, she was taken out of a room and her fate was hanging in the balance.

Nick Mitchell, a.k.a. "Norman Gentle," wasn't sure which of his egos would take the stage. That's right, one of the final 72 people out of more than 100,000 that auditioned this season, still wasn't sure whether he wanted to take this competition seriously. He didn't. He came on as "Norman Gentle" and tried to be funny again. He wasn't, but the judges laughed anyway.

Oh man, Jamar didn't make it. The paper said his friends name was Matt (the one I like) but they just said his name was Danny.  undecided.gif  I wished they had both made it.  bad mood.gif

Monkey

LMMFAO @ Tatiana. Love her.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Next week's group is packed though. Damn. Most of the ones that I like are in that group.  zipper.gif

Monkey

They determined that Joanna (the one who had a record deal previously) is ineligable now, because she had some pre-existing relationship with a few of the FOX execs that are involved with Idol. They just found this out now I guess.  undecided.gif

But anyway,  Felicia Barton will take her place in the top 36.

This is how the voting will be going for the next 3 weeks too..
The female with the highest # of votes will make it through.
The male with the highest # of votes will make it through.
The highest vote-getter (male or female) that didn't meet the criteria above will go through.
So 3 people will be going through each week. I'm not sure if this criteria will be the same for the wildcard round.  undecided.gif

Homer

Quote from: Monkey on February 12, 2009, 01:51:11 PM
They determined that Joanna (the one who had a record deal previously) is ineligable now, because she had some pre-existing relationship with a few of the FOX execs that are involved with Idol. They just found this out now I guess.  undecided.gif

The highest vote-getter (male or female) that didn't meet the criteria above will go through.
So 3 people will be going through each week. I'm not sure if this criteria will be the same for the wildcard round.  undecided.gif

Joanna is from Philly and she has had a few record deals already

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on February 12, 2009, 01:51:11 PM

I saw that...they don't want all the crap they had to deal with last year with Carly and Brooke. I didn't even know Brooke was anything until I read the article on this stuff yesterday.

Monkey

"American Idol" Top 36 -- Only One Ex-Con?
Posted Feb 14th 2009 6:15AM by TMZ Staff

It seems as though you can count on every group of fresh-faced "American Idol" finalists to harbor at least a few hardened criminals. But surprisingly, it looks like only one of this year's Top 36 has spent time in the slammer.

Jessica Langseth, a singer from Minneapolis, was busted a few years back on DUI. She pled guilty, spent 4 days in jail and was put on probation for 2 years -- more than enough time to master the art of bare-knuckled combat. Jessica's probation was cut short and she officially became a free woman last December.

Let's just hope there aren't any sharpened toothbrushes lying around the set. You know, for Simon's sake.

zipper.gif

Tara

Monkey

What a start!  zipper.gif

It's funny how you can hear her accent when she's singing. giggle2.gif

Tara

I can't believe they only pick 3 out of 12.  shocked.gif   My guy is singing tonight.

I agree with Simon on this first chick..why did she wear that crap?

Monkey

Oh this girl is a piece of work.  zipper.gif

I hope Stevie Wright is the girl who makes it through. If Jackie makes it, I'll seriously vomit.

Tara

Your woman is in this group...Tatiana   She's goofy, but I thought she sang good in auditions.

Tara

Paulas eybrows are so friggen thick, I can't hardly look at her. 

Monkey

I don't remember him from Hollywood or the auditions, but he was good.  undecided.gif

I don't like this format at all actually then. What if there are 7 people who deserve to go in from this group, yet there's only 1 good person next week?  rolleyes.gif

Monkey

Ok, this girl's through.  giggle2.gif

Whenever Paula speaks there's just an awkward silence. She needs to keep things short and sweet and maybe people would take her seriously.  zipper.gif

Tara

Yep, its been a long time since they did the going through like this. It does suck when you have a bunch of good people in the group.

Paula can't ever come up with her own stuff to say. For years we have listened to her say whatever Randy said. Now, we get to listen to her try to put Kara and Randys stuff together. She will be soooooooo confused.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview