PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 08:39:12 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

I like Alexis. Lil, Adam, and Danny.  I'm not saying the save is that bad, I just don't like the way they did it. After they say who is going home and its the end of the show they should just say "We decided to use our save" The whole making the singer stand there looking at the judges like it's crucification day blows.

Tara

American Idol Goes Country!

Idol contestants will test their twang next week as the show welcomes country stars Brad Paisley, Randy Travis and season 4 champ Carrie Underwood for Grand Ole Opry week.

The show's remaining top 11 singers will perform songs popularized by the members of the Opry, a weekly radio and stage show that has been a Nashville institution for more than 80 years. Members have included legends like Patsy Cline and Hank Williams, along with current members Dolly Parton, Martina McBride, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire and others.

Underwood, inducted last year as the Opry's newest member, will perform "I Told You So" on March 18's results show with fellow Opry member Randy Travis, who will act as the show's mentor for the week.

Homer

Taylor Hicks Tickets -- Totally Worthless
Posted Mar 17th 2009 4:55PM by TMZ Staff

It's not a charity show, it's not a fundraiser ... Taylor Hicks concert tickets have now been reduced to a whopping $0.00 -- and it still hasn't sold out.

The season five "American Idol" winner was originally scheduled to perform at The Roxy on Sunset tomorrow night -- for $36.50 a ticket. But in the last few hours, a bunch of tickets wound up on goldstar.com -- a website which claims to offer ticket discounts because, "Not every show sells out, so instead of letting seats go empty, venues list them with us to sell to our members."

Now, instead of offering the usual half-price discount, Hicks tix are being given away for nothing ... nada .. zip ... zilch ... except an $8.75 service fee.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Monkey

Quote from: Homer on March 17, 2009, 05:06:38 PM
Posted Mar 17th 2009 4:55PM by TMZ Staff

It's not a charity show, it's not a fundraiser ... Taylor Hicks concert tickets have now been reduced to a whopping $0.00 -- and it still hasn't sold out.

The season five "American Idol" winner was originally scheduled to perform at The Roxy on Sunset tomorrow night -- for $36.50 a ticket. But in the last few hours, a bunch of tickets wound up on goldstar.com -- a website which claims to offer ticket discounts because, "Not every show sells out, so instead of letting seats go empty, venues list them with us to sell to our members."

Now, instead of offering the usual half-price discount, Hicks tix are being given away for nothing ... nada .. zip ... zilch ... except an $8.75 service fee.
hysterical.gif

Squid

Quote from: Homer on March 17, 2009, 05:06:38 PM

I always thought Daughtry should've won that year.

Tara

I just saw that on TMZ about Taylor.  hysterical.gif     

Monkey

Sarver was alright. But he'll be safe for sure because that'll appeal to the hardcore-country fans. He won't be in danger at all probably, even though I'd like to see him go.  lipsrsealed.gif

Allison was alright. She's done better, but she'll be fine. undecided.gif

Tara

I see Paulas botox and stuff wore off some. LMAO@ Simon asking Paula what she meant by what she said.  hysterical.gif  Paula has no idea what she says. I think its time for Paula to retire..lol

Tara

Country music week isn't going as bad as I thought it would.

Monkey

Kris is forgettable.. that's his problem.  undecided.gif

This is reminding me of when Brooke forgot the words for some reason. I don't know why, but that performance just gave me some major flashbacks.  giggle2.gif

Quote from: Tara on March 17, 2009, 05:22:00 PM
I see Paulas botox and stuff wore off some. LMAO@ Simon asking Paula what she meant by what she said.  hysterical.gif  Paula has no idea what she says. I think its time for Paula to retire..lol
No kidding.  hysterical.gif

OMG... I just saw the songlist... I know what Lil picks, but too bad she didn't pick Honkytonkbadonkadonk. hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Eh... Lil did much better than I expected. Country obviously isn't her thing though. giggle2.gif

Tara

Monkey

LMFAO @ this arrangement!  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

He isn't gonna change for anyone, is he? hysterical.gif cheesy.gif

Tara

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on March 17, 2009, 05:50:15 PM
I thought that was horrible.  hysterical.gif
I loved it. hysterical.gif

Megan will really need to prove herself to VFTW tonight!

Tara

Tara

The thing I have to say about Scott is....not only does he learn a new song, he learns to play it on the piano also.  tumbsup.gif  That's pretty awesome. Poor guy can't even see where the judges are.  embrace.gif

Paula wants Scott do get away from the piano..does she want him on the stage and just fall down since he can't see 1 foot in from of him?

Monkey

Well it wasn't the greatest (obviously  giggle2.gif) but I liked how he stuck to his guns and took all of the country out of that song.  giggle2.gif

Now Scott was pretty bad. I wish they'd stop sugar-coating everything for him. It was bad, and they shouldn't feel bad/guilty about saying that.  zipper.gif What he's done is pretty special... but it's still a singing competition, and he just doesn't cut it. He'll be vulnerable after that. I don't think the producers will mind if he goes tomorrow night anyway.... as bad as this sounds, I doubt they'd want him on the AI Tour that the top 10 go on.  zipper.gif sad.gif

I love how Simon's making Paula look like an idiot though.  hysterical.gif

Monkey

Tara

I'm guilty of feeling sorry for Scott. bad mood.gif  I know its a singing competition and he does need to change it up next week if he is still here. They all want to make it to the final 10 because of the tour, but it might be hard to fit Scott in on the tour. They move around and put on a show and stuff. Someone has to walk him around the stage and stuff like that. I noticed that last week when they did the group dance and tonight when they first came out Alexis is the one holding on to him and not leaving him behind or anything like that. I just feel he puts a lot in to this by learning to play it on the piano and singing it too. I'm always for the underdog..I mean I believed OJ and Tanya Harding.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview