PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:41:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Searching for a book

Started by Country Lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Lady

I know this is totally off the wall and a strange place to seek this type of information, but I am looking for a book that is out of print and will not be reprinted.  I am researching my family history and really would like to have a copy of my very own.
If anyone should run across this in a used book store or flea market please keep me in mind.  I have also put a pre-order on Amazon.com, but won't be holding my breath.   It is highly sought after by the Neely descendants.

Neely, 200 years in America: Descendants of James & Ann Neely & Edward & Susannah (Goldsmith) Neely

By Marie Davis Wiles(1974)

Thanks
Country Lady

Mary

i`ll keep and eye out alot of old book stores here on one street  :)

Country Lady

Well the system removed J a m e s from the title of the book.
Thank you, I don't have any idea what it would be worth, but I am willing to consider what ever the asking price.  I have one ancestor that dropped out of the sky I think.  One story is that he was run out of Va. for horse rustling.  :o  (did I spell that right?)  :(

CindyLouWho

My mom does a lot of family history research & has found out lots of amazing info.  She's also met some long lost relatives by searching online.  She belongs to couple of family history research message boards, etc.  I'll try to get some of her sites that she uses, maybe you will find what you are looking for.  Can't hurt to check them out anyway.  May be couple days to get the info from her as we're getting that eastern  snowstorm here & my power went out earlier for a bit, just hope it stays on, lol.   :)

harley89

When our family history was published a copy was given to the local library. Have you checked there. At least you could refer to it

MommaT

Country Lady,
Nice to meet a fellow genealogist on the board :)  If you arent able to find a copy of the book, you could always try through the Family History Centers .  the do have a copy of the book on microfilm and you could always print out the pages or if you have a digital cam, you could take the picutres of each screen and then print them out at home.  I did try through abebooks.com and they did not have any listed.  Good Luck :)

Momma T

Country Lady

Thank you every one.  I will give the family history center a try.  I know that there must be at least one copy out there for sale.  I just have to find it.
Country Lady

CindyLouWho

Country, my mom gave me 2 sites for u to check & will give me more later...sorry took so long, her heat went out during the snowstorm so she's had a time (thankfully its back on now)....i gave her the name of the book so she's going to also try to find one for you.  Hope this helps.   :)

myfamily.com

rootsweb.com  (she highly recommended this site)

Country Lady

Thankyou, I hound those sites on a regular basis.  I don't think there were many published to begin with and those who have them don't turn loose of them.
Maybe someone will leave it to me in their will.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview