PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 07:41:34 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

help with pop up blocker

Started by holly222,

Previous topic - Next topic

holly222

I guess its a pop of blocker problem.  I cant get the frames to load in pogo unless i push play now....... so i cant choose a qwerty room or anything like that... I have firefox and windows xp.......any sudjestions would be great, thanks

pogohatesme

you can go into internet options and then click the privacy tab and then the settings button towards the bottom and choose pages to allow pop ups from...or you can completly turn your pop up blocker off...also on IE....when you go into a QWERTY (or any lobby) and as soon as you make your table settings and click "play" hold down the ctrl+alt+shift and that allows pop-ups

SI

Holly, is it something like this?

When the room first loads:

What happens when I click to play:

I've been at it with Pogo since Tuesday night.  Everything was fine beforehand, but out of nowhere this started happening.  Pogo's helpless center has had me running through several hoops, and they still can't figure out the problem.  I've been going through withdrawals these past two days >:D

holly222

it wont even let me get that far...... but it has been happening since tuesday........

holly222

Say i go to qwerty or checkers and try to set a table up.... I see my name sitting at the table, but the next box to accually play the game dosnt come up....... I tryed to unblock my popups and it dint work either........ :'(

SI

I wonder if their Tuesday morning update screwed something up with support for Firefox.  At least on some of their servers.  Then again, if no one else is experiencing this problem...

What I don't get, and like I told them, I haven't made any hardware, software OR setting changes in a while.  The fact that I was able to play one day & not the next suggests something on their end.  I even went so far as to uninstall both Firefox & Java, and then reinstall them (thinking that maybe one or the other got corrupted, even though it worked fine on Yahoo games).  Still the same problem.

After I read your post, I tried clicking on a "Play Now" link, and it loaded fine.  Bizarre.

holly222

AHHA so its not just me, i think you may be on to somthin.........

Mary

sure glad i dont have that problem gl you all hope you get fixed soon  O0

Helen

I occasionally have problems with IE and when I do I switch to Netscape. Never a problem there.

wattsmyname

I have the same problem I just started using Netscape instead of Firefox to double brouse.

When you select a table you never get the pop up for the game table to play on even if you have the Firefox pop up blocker turned off.

SI

Quote from: wattsmyname on February 23, 2006, 08:15:09 PM
When you select a table you never get the pop up for the game table to play on even if you have the Firefox pop up blocker turned off.

Actually, up until this past Tuesday, I've never had that problem with Firefox.  I switched to it from IE about 2-3 months ago.

wattsmyname

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 23, 2006, 08:28:19 PM
Quote from: wattsmyname on February 23, 2006, 08:15:09 PM

Actually, up until this past Tuesday, I've never had that problem with Firefox. I switched to it from IE about 2-3 months ago.

Tuesday was the same day I started having trouble. What the heck did they do? :'(

Bree

That is strange I am playing on Firefox and it seems to working well for me.   spg.gif

SI

I'm guessing the error occurred on only some of their servers (since not everyone is affected).

Mine started working out of nowhere last night.  I tried what Holly mentioned, using "Play Now."  That loaded fine.  Afterwards, I was able to log into any game w/o a problem.  My guess?  Frame positioning values were fragged...  After "Play Now" worked, it probably reset whatever values were goofing up.

Mary

Christy

I have the same problem with foxfire and what I have to do is turn of my Nortons Internet Security for a few minutes untill after I get into the last window where it show's the game board, than I just enable nortons again.
Hope this helps    spg.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview