PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:42:17 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

something COOL happened to my son and i

Started by froggielover,

Previous topic - Next topic

froggielover

hey!!

i want to share something really really cool that happened to my 9 yr old and I this weekend..it's long story so i'll try to shorten it.. cuz i know how reading long things are.. ok..

our basement sewer pipes in our apt. went out and we were told that we couldn't use the water and the toilet till next morning.. WHAT THE BLEEP!!  so i called my husabnd who works an hour away and is an assistant manager of a hotel.. the GM is also one of our best friends.. lol. how convienent huh.. he is able to come get my son and i and get us a room..

meantime Jack Hanna (you know who he is right?) is having a show next day across the street at the theater.  His animals, including a cheetah, were staying at the hotel that night.  I told my hsuabnd that i wanted to be far away from the cat as possible.. yikees!! 

we get to the hotel at 10:40 and are in bed at 11:40 pm when the phone rings and it's john.. the GM, telling me to get my son and bring him to the desk.. someone wants to meet him.. ok.. i question it of course and we go cuz my husabnd had told the handlers that ethan would love to meet some penquins.. cuz he's really in love with them.

we get to the front desk and here is this girl about 25 yrs old.. she's really sweet.. anyways.. her name is julie and she takes us to her room and ethan is blown away by these penquins.. we met a 3 banded armidillo who is the cutest thing.. a macaw(?) parrot, a 45 yr old tortus and some roaches from madagascar.. ewwwww.. and then she takes us to another room and we go in... and there is a cheetah in a wire crate in the corner of the room.  OMG!@!  omg!!  i was very scared to say the least.. the man was telling me to breath and to relax cuz the cheetah can sence me being scared.  the cat stared to purr.. oh boy... was talkin to the man trying to calm down you knw.. and it began to purr even louder.  guy tells me that he lets the animal walk freely around his room with him!!  OMG.. UR CRAZY!!!!!  lol... cheetah stands up and i grab my son and hightale it out of there.. lmaoo.. i really was getting images of that thing breaking it's way out of the cage and eating me cuz i was scared... omg.. lol..

ok.. julie takes my name and cell phone number.. and she calls me .. it's saturday now... tells me there are tickets wating for me at theater.  we go there and Jack Hanna is sitting giving autographs.. we go over and ethan tells him that he saw his animals.. jack says.. "your the managers family".. i say.. yes and he tells me that he has tickets waitng for me over at the desk.. wow.. he gives us some personalized autographs.. kewl..  we watch the show and he introduces the next handler as his daughter julie!!  WOW!!  kewlllness.. lol.. to make long story short.. yes i know.. it's long.. julie asks me infront of everyone, after the show.. they were showing the some animals up on stage, if i got the autographs that her dad left for me at the hotel.. lol.. i was kinda embarrassed.. but it was really cool.. we just came home.
well.. about an hour ago..

ETHAN THOUGHT HIS DAD WAS A HERO FOR THAT!!   we had a great time!

nightperson

that was so nice and for your son i bet he is so ready to tell his friends bout it

Tara

WOW Sounds like you guys had a great time.....I could hear your excitement in your typing...thats so awesome  :)

hades

Shady Lady

That's a great memory your son will have forever. He's going to talk everyone's ear off at school Monday.

nanners

What a super wonderful story.. see, everything happens for a reason.. even having broken pipes.. lol
glad you had a good time..something he;ll remember forever.... :D

pogohatesme

SS about the pipes....I know how that feels happend to our apartment year or so ago for about 3 days and we had to stay in hotel aslo........but we didn't get anything as interesting as Jack Hanna in our hotel lol just a loud wedding party and an indoor pool lol   O0 how exciting for your son!

Mary

ClingFree

That is such a great story!!! As a Mom (and a dork) I got all choked up reading it .. LOL yeah you can laugh at me!!

badgemad

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview